• 1(current)
Default skin
I've been uing so many skins that I had the idea to ask you guys if you had the choice to make an existing skin the default Kodi skin, which one would you choose? I'd probably pick Bello as its relatively lightweight, feature filled, and beautiful.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I'm really enjoying the vertical home screen menu in Amber, I've yet to find a skin that's as user friendly.
I like Amber too. I found it mildly annoying that I couldn't change the order of menu items.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
A dark blue version of Bello would be much more in line with the new look of Kodi.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2014-12-27, 07:48)MidnightWatcher Wrote: A dark blue version of Bello would be much more in line with the new look of Kodi.

Agreed!
a nice mixture of amber and bello to confluence themselves would do it Smile Amber my current skin love it!
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
(2014-12-27, 01:04)patseguin Wrote: I've been uing so many skins that I had the idea to ask you guys if you had the choice to make an existing skin the default Kodi skin, which one would you choose? I'd probably pick Bello as its relatively lightweight, feature filled, and beautiful. instagram followers hack

I love Bello too, once of the best looking ones!
Looks like I'll have to give Bello a second shot.
Is this skin available for Kodi yet?
Nope not yet.
There's been some internal talk about finally switching out Confluence for something new. At this point, it's just talk though. If that happened, I think the idea would be to try to start totally new and try to really look at the UI from a new perspective, drawing inspiration from community skins and outside UI sources. And possibly to improve core code along the way to allow for things that can only really be done at present through scripting. That's a fairly time consuming process though, so who knows if it'll actually happen.

With that said, if I had my druthers, I'd pick something a bit flatter, to match the times, and something that presented as much info on the home screen as possible without being overwhelming. Also, I'd try very hard to avoid drawers and other dialogs that hide themselves, as I've ultimately decided the additional space you get out of them isn't worth the confusion to newbies. It's never been finished, but Persona fits the bill pretty well. Though I'd go with something other than purple as the main color. Smile

I'll agree Persona has a nice freshness at the home page, perhaps in blue or green.
Have you looked at Xperience1080XF Nate? It's really nice and has kind of a metro flat type UI.
(2014-12-29, 05:35)natethomas Wrote: There's been some internal talk about finally switching out Confluence for something new. At this point, it's just talk though. If that happened, I think the idea would be to try to start totally new and try to really look at the UI from a new perspective, drawing inspiration from community skins and outside UI sources. And possibly to improve core code along the way to allow for things that can only really be done at present through scripting. That's a fairly time consuming process though, so who knows if it'll actually happen.

With that said, if I had my druthers, I'd pick something a bit flatter, to match the times, and something that presented as much info on the home screen as possible without being overwhelming. Also, I'd try very hard to avoid drawers and other dialogs that hide themselves, as I've ultimately decided the additional space you get out of them isn't worth the confusion to newbies. It's never been finished, but Persona fits the bill pretty well. Though I'd go with something other than purple as the main color. Smile

I wholeheartedly agree. The norm in xbmc, the horizontal menu, seems terribly outdated. It looks like it was made for a 19 inch TV in a living room and setup that only had a few items on the home screen. As of right now I have 8 options on my home screen and I'm probably going to be adding one more when I figure out why my music won't show up on my client.

That skin looks terrific. As long as I could put android apps on the home screen I'd switch today.

Which leads me to a question, can windows 8 apps be added to kodi like android apps are.
(2014-12-30, 02:09)patseguin Wrote: Have you looked at Xperience1080XF Nate? It's really nice and has kind of a metro flat type UI.

I've seen previous versions. For some reason the current one isn't showing up in the repo for me.

My general problem with 1080, aside from the fact that it's a literal replica, is that filling in all the boxes takes a lot of user input or else ends up looking kinda crappy. I'd prefer all the boxes to have content, but if an addition box is necessary, it should be less prominent.

With that said, it's definitely on a nice track.
(2014-12-30, 05:05)natethomas Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 02:09)patseguin Wrote: Have you looked at Xperience1080XF Nate? It's really nice and has kind of a metro flat type UI.

I've seen previous versions. For some reason the current one isn't showing up in the repo for me.

My general problem with 1080, aside from the fact that it's a literal replica, is that filling in all the boxes takes a lot of user input or else ends up looking kinda crappy. I'd prefer all the boxes to have content, but if an addition box is necessary, it should be less prominent.

With that said, it's definitely on a nice track.

I agree, I switched to this skin then realized I had to do that and switched back.

I'd definitely support a reworked default skin though and Persona is great looking. On a lot of forums people get a bad taste when they start Kodi up and are greeted with Confluence. I'd also think it'd be nice if during the install/first setup, if you could choose between confluence and retouched. Currently, I've seen people say Kodi is terrible on mobile devices, yet my guess is they never switched skins, used Confluence, got annoyed and switched to something different.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default skin0