Release [Mod] ExtendedInfo Actor and Video Panels - Nox 5
First posted updated.
Warner:

Did you decide to use the movieDB rating instead of IMDB rating for movies or is that what the script gives you?

Thanks
I requested IMDb ratings for items in your library and I'm told them might be added in the future (which could be weeks to months). Otherwise, you're stuck with MovieDb ratings. I've thought about trying to insert different ratings values into that position with a plugin feature that is available, but I haven't attempted it. IMDb isn't an option but Rotten Tomatoes is available. I thought I'd wait out phil65. He told me he wouldn't take any feature requests until he is done coding what he had planned. It seems to be a very slow process.
(2014-12-30, 23:43)Warner306 Wrote: It seems to be a very slow process.

L. O. L.
here, you can read up on my so-called "slow" progress:
https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...its/master
better keep quiet when not having any idea about writing a sophisticated xbmc gui add-on and all the troubles comin with that.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
FYI, I had to install the Disc Art .xml file as well to get this to start working so seems to be a necessary step. Now the actors are horizontal instead of a vertical list.

I am running Android 4.4.2 on a Minix X7, Kodi 14.0 final with a mostly fresh install.
- I copied the DialogInfo and DialogVideoInfo .xml files into /sdcard/Android/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/1080i and the .png files into the media directory.
- Copied the DialogVideoInfo.xml file into the 1080i directory overwriting the one that is there.
- Then copied the complete folder script.extendedinfo-master in the /sdcard/Android/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/ folder.
- Restarted Kodi

However, when I hit down on an actor, the ExtendedInfo script generates an on-screen error saying the script failed. The logs show the following. Any ideas?

Code:
16:44:39 T:1895153392  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:44:40 T:1895153392  NOTICE: version 1.9.0 started
16:44:40 T:1895153392   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'ImageFilter' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py", line 51, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py", line 21, in __init__
                                                self.control = StartInfoActions(self.infos, self.params)
                                              File "/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/resources/lib/process.py", line 147, in StartInfoActions
                                                from DialogActorInfo import DialogActorInfo
                                              File "/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/resources/lib/DialogActorInfo.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from ImageTools import *
                                              File "/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/resources/lib/ImageTools.py", line 143, in <module>
                                                class MyGaussianBlur(ImageFilter.Filter):
                                            NameError: name 'ImageFilter' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Android does not work for now because the python lib PIL is broken for android. will hopefully be fixed in kodi 14.1 release.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
ahh, gotcha. Thanks for the insight.
(2014-12-31, 01:12)choekstr Wrote: FYI, I had to install the Disc Art .xml file as well to get this to start working so seems to be a necessary step. Now the actors are horizontal instead of a vertical list.

I am running Android 4.4.2 on a Minix X7, Kodi 14.0 final with a mostly fresh install.
- I copied the DialogInfo and DialogVideoInfo .xml files into /sdcard/Android/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/1080i and the .png files into the media directory.
- Copied the DialogVideoInfo.xml file into the 1080i directory overwriting the one that is there.
- Then copied the complete folder script.extendedinfo-master in the /sdcard/Android/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/ folder.
- Restarted Kodi

However, when I hit down on an actor, the ExtendedInfo script generates an on-screen error saying the script failed. The logs show the following. Any ideas?

In the future (hopefully, the near future), you won't have to install the provided video info screen. This mod is working ahead with features added by BigNoid to the Git version of Aeon Nox 5. I don't know when those changes will be pushed forward to the official repo. But it is worth mentioning that these features are a work-in-progress and may not be present with the version of Aeon Nox 5 you are looking at.

(2014-12-30, 23:51)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 23:43)Warner306 Wrote: It seems to be a very slow process.

L. O. L.
here, you can read up on my so-called "slow" progress:
https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...its/master
better keep quiet when not having any idea about writing a sophisticated xbmc gui add-on and all the troubles comin with that.

Thank you for your criticism of my simple mod. I add what I like to Kodi; you add what you like to Kodi. And much of what I have added is what you have added, so we're on the same wavelength there. But I am not a computer programmer, I'm an accountant (and a good accountant at that). I only know so much about programming and most of it is frustrating more than rewarding, but I always try to put some effort into it.

I'll probably have plenty of suggestions for additions when you are finished....so I guess you can criticize away. But I can wait....
I didnt have a word about your mod at all, I had a word about your attitude.
(2014-12-31, 17:04)phil65 Wrote: I didnt have a word about your mod at all, I had a word about your attitude.

I'm not even sure why we're arguing, phil. My attitude is to do things for others, be helpful and share. I don't think there is any reason to fight about your script. I came with suggestions, just suggestions. You could be more open to the community. I understand it is a lot of work.
First post updated to reflect the current state of the script.
Just a question : Is it possibe to save data from actors locally (as for picture & arts) ? I don't want to go on the net every time i want to see something.

Thanks.
Zotac CI320 Nano : (4Go, SSD 64Go, W7_64)
Zotac CI323 Nano : (4Go, SSD 120Go, W10)

Acer Aspire 5740G (Intel I3 330M, 4Go, WD 500Go, W7_64)
Desktop (Intel Q6600@3Ghz, 6Go, Seagate 500Go & Seagate 320 Go W7_64)

NAS Synology DS213+ : 2*3To WD Red (SHR)
NAS Synology DS215J : 2*4To WD Red (SHR)

All under KODI Jarvis 16, Aeon Nox Silvo Mod & Mr.V Widget Mod.

(2015-01-05, 09:53)wilmans2m Wrote: Just a question : Is it possibe to save data from actors locally (as for picture & arts) ? I don't want to go on the net every time i want to see something.

Thanks.

I don't think you can back-up items such as actor thumbs and fanart like you can library items. I don't think the script is designed to collect these items.
Would you be able to change the script to cache actor thumbs locally or is this a function of extendedinfo? I have an install in the country that uses 3G modem for net access and is on a tightly metered connection (plus pretty slow). Caching this data would be a huge benefit not to mention the speed efficiencies for those with normal "broadband" connections.
(2015-01-09, 20:11)choekstr Wrote: Would you be able to change the script to cache actor thumbs locally or is this a function of extendedinfo? I have an install in the country that uses 3G modem for net access and is on a tightly metered connection (plus pretty slow). Caching this data would be a huge benefit not to mention the speed efficiencies for those with normal "broadband" connections.

You would have to take that request to the script's creator, phil65. His thread is here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160558&page=42.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] ExtendedInfo Actor and Video Panels - Nox 52