Release [Mod] ExtendedInfo Actor and Video Panels - Nox 5
Warner:

Thanks for sharing the file!

I've seen different implementations of extendedinfo and this one matches the skin very well. I know we all have different opinions, but having the data readily available is a big plus. I think that the only thing that extendedinfo provides that you haven't implemented is the "known movies" once you access the actor.

(2014-12-27, 06:16)Warner306 Wrote: Image
Thanks. I left out known movies because it conflicts when a director/writer is chosen and the number of films for each category is provided at the bottom of the screen. I know Steveb already great job with his version of this mod. I prefer to have my own version.
@Warner306

Would it be possible to get the showcase shown in the info view for movies and series?
(2015-01-22, 09:35)b0mb Wrote: @Warner306

Would it be possible to get the showcase shown in the info view for movies and series?

Yes, a person could replace DialogVideoInfo with the layout from Showcase, but I'm not interested in doing all that work.
Ah!

Maybe someone likes to do that sometime Wink
(2015-01-22, 08:21)Warner306 Wrote: Thanks. I left out known movies because it conflicts when a director/writer is chosen and the number of films for each category is provided at the bottom of the screen.

I didn't know this, thanks
Hi there,
maybe I am missing something but with my installation (kodi 14.0 freshly updated from 13.2 and aeon nox 5.5.6 with no other mods) if I press the down button I just scroll the actors list.
Thanks
(2015-01-24, 18:08)buongiorgio Wrote: Hi there,
maybe I am missing something but with my installation (kodi 14.0 freshly updated from 13.2 and aeon nox 5.5.6 with no other mods) if I press the down button I just scroll the actors list.
Thanks

BigNoid had promised this feature would be added to the skin. In that case, you will have to install this mod first: 198316 (thread).
(2015-01-24, 22:43)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 18:08)buongiorgio Wrote: Hi there,
Thanks

BigNoid had promised this feature would be added to the skin. In that case, you will have to install this mod first: 198316 (thread).

That did the trick, thanks.
- Amazon Fire TV on 15.x nightly
- Using Aeon Nox 5.5.8 (latest from GIT) which contains the extendedinfo dialogvideo.xml update
- ExtendedInfo script, installed, enabled, configured with my moviedb id/pw

Cast shows horizontal screen as expected, when I press down on an actor it shows a "Working" message which eventually disappears. At this point nothing is displayed and if I press any directional key I can hear the traditional cursor movement sound but the focus remains on the Cast Member. I can't even backout of the screen, I must either hit the Home button which is hardcoded to return to the AFTV Home screen OR reboot the device.

Any help is appreciated!
(2015-03-03, 22:29)sglavach Wrote: - Amazon Fire TV on 15.x nightly
- Using Aeon Nox 5.5.8 (latest from GIT) which contains the extendedinfo dialogvideo.xml update
- ExtendedInfo script, installed, enabled, configured with my moviedb id/pw

Cast shows horizontal screen as expected, when I press down on an actor it shows a "Working" message which eventually disappears. At this point nothing is displayed and if I press any directional key I can hear the traditional cursor movement sound but the focus remains on the Cast Member. I can't even backout of the screen, I must either hit the Home button which is hardcoded to return to the AFTV Home screen OR reboot the device.

Any help is appreciated!

You shouldn't be using a 15.x nightly. Stick to Kodi 14. I can't tell you if the skin needs to be updated, the ExtendedInfo script or the PIL libraries for Android. I'm sure one of those three are not ready for Kodi 15.

FYI, Kodi 14.2 is supposed to have working PIL for this mod.
Actually the PIL library and extendedinfo are what ARE working in 15.0 builds and I used those for a while on my Android boxes to be able to play with extendedinfo while 14.0 and 14.1 were still broken. Both aeon nox 5.5.6 and mikesilvo's version 5.5.7 and 5.5.8 all work just fine so far but there is a chance they won't in the future. However I agree that as 15.0 deviates further from 14.x code it is getting worse as a user experience with strange buffering and poor performance and 14.2 beta 1 has been a dream with everything working properly including PIL python library...extendedinfo goodness finally in a stable and fast version!
(2015-03-04, 00:29)choekstr Wrote: Actually the PIL library and extendedinfo are what ARE working in 15.0 builds and I used those for a while on my Android boxes to be able to play with extendedinfo while 14.0 and 14.1 were still broken. Both aeon nox 5.5.6 and mikesilvo's version 5.5.7 and 5.5.8 all work just fine so far but there is a chance they won't in the future. However I agree that as 15.0 deviates further from 14.x code it is getting worse as a user experience with strange buffering and poor performance and 14.2 beta 1 has been a dream with everything working properly including PIL python library...extendedinfo goodness finally in a stable and fast version!

If the other versions of the skin work right now, this mod should as well. All of the files are being added to the same skin. And all mods share the exact same code with the exception of some images. The current problem might then come down to the version number of the nightly build being used.

I have no idea what the problem could be as I haven't even touched 15. Sounds like 14.2 is the way to go.

I'll ask Mike if he did anything special to those panels. The ones in the official skin came from Steveb.
As per Mike's suggestion,

Remove the modded files and try the script again. There are default panels included with the script. If these panels work, there is something wrong with the Nox-themed panels. Otherwise, I'd suggest moving to Kodi 14.2.
OK...

- Factory restore of AFTV
- Kodi 14.2 b1 installed
- Aeon Nox 5.5.6 (Modified files removed as suggested as they are in the GIT version of 5.5.8)
- ExtendedInfo script installed successfully.

How do I access the ExtendedInfo script without the modified files in 5.5.8? Without them the cast is a vertical scrolling list where pressing the down key just scrolls the list.

I appreciate everyone's help!

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] ExtendedInfo Actor and Video Panels - Nox 52