Stationary Vertical Home Menu
Does anyone know of a way to keep the Home Menu stationary, and allow the focus to move up and down on the screen instead of having the focus stay centered and the menu moving?

Thanks
Thanks for your request. I am too looking for a vertical home screen. The hybrid development was an excellent skin until it changed to horizontal only home screen menu. Others did not appeal as much. Would be nice to have one soon. Thanks a ton folks.
(2014-12-29, 07:44)ashish1t Wrote: Thanks for your request. I am too looking for a vertical home screen. The hybrid development was an excellent skin until it changed to horizontal only home screen menu. Others did not appeal as much. Would be nice to have one soon. Thanks a ton folks.
Amber has a setting for a vertical homescreen. It actually looks and works really well. If you haven't tried it you really should.

My request is only to have the menu stationary so all options are always visible.
Would like to second the request for a stationary, vertical home menu.

As it is now, it's virtually impossible for me to select a menu item with the mouse or Logitec Dinovo connected to the HTPC!

Thanks for an otherwise great skin!
(2015-01-09, 21:11)Hansje Wrote: Would like to second the request for a stationary, vertical home menu.

As it is now, it's virtually impossible for me to select a menu item with the mouse or Logitec Dinovo connected to the HTPC!

Thanks for an otherwise great skin!

Use the arrow keys if you're using a keyboard. This skin works great with a remote.
(2015-01-12, 00:00)Calum Wrote: Use the arrow keys if you're using a keyboard. This skin works great with a remote.

If the menu fits on the screen, scrolling isn't necessary and should be avoided. The software always tries to place the selected item in the center of the screen. Cute, but not very functional. If you select an item near the end of the list, the items on the top of the list scroll off the screen and can't be seen. This is very annoying. There's no reason to scroll unless the menu is too large to fit on the screen.

Is there a way to disable home menu scrolling? If not, a convenient way to disable scrolling should be provided.
Great skin - thanks

I use the vertical home menu but would also like the option for it to be stationary - pleaseAngel
Me 2
Please locate Includes_Vertical_Home.xml and modify as follows:

Code:
#770: <posy>200</posy>
#780: <movement>12</movement>
#767: <control type="wraplist" id="300" description="Main Bar">

Notes:
Line #770: Positioning the menu contents - choice of personal taste
Line #780: Makes the menu stationary = Choose 8 or any number above 8.
Line #767: Change only if you want a cyclical menu ... otherwise, leave it as "fixedlist"

Also you can change the predetermined highlight in the menu item ... in the <focusposition>2</focusposition> at line# 779.
The focusposition starts at 0 thru n-1 of your fixed list where 0 is the first item in the menu and n-1 is the last.
Here focusposition = 2 highlights Movies in the menu in an unaltered sequence.

Cheers!
GK
(2015-05-28, 14:04)garbokawa Wrote: Please locate Includes_Vertical_Home.xml and modify as follows:

Code:
#770: <posy>200</posy>
#780: <movement>12</movement>
#767: <control type="wraplist" id="300" description="Main Bar">

Notes:
Line #770: Positioning the menu contents - choice of personal taste
Line #780: Makes the menu stationary = Choose 8 or any number above 8.
Line #767: Change only if you want a cyclical menu ... otherwise, leave it as "fixedlist"

Also you can change the predetermined highlight in the menu item ... in the <focusposition>2</focusposition> at line# 779.
The focusposition starts at 0 thru n-1 of your fixed list where 0 is the first item in the menu and n-1 is the last.
Here focusposition = 2 highlights Movies in the menu in an unaltered sequence.

Cheers!
GK

Brilliant stuff GK....menu is now stationery...finallyLaugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stationary Vertical Home Menu1