[RELEASE] BT Sport Player (UK only)
BTSportXBMC is a plugin for watching BT Sport in XBMC via Pipelight. Obviously it requires a valid subscription to BT Sport.

Source is here:
https://github.com/jackandrews/btsportxbmc

Demo here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn9bAV5WwJc

Please read the ReadMe on GitHub. There is currently one outstanding bug: Pipelight/silverlight seems to be capturing all keypresses to the XWindow, making it impossible to exit once a channel has been started. If anyone could provide any help, that would be appreciated! Otherwise, please test for now and come back in a couple days once it has been figured out. To stop the player, find the python process pipelight.py and kill -9.

If anyone has a good idea for how to stop the process, let me know!
Hi
I'm new to kodi and was looking for exactly what you have developed. Will this work in windows 7 64bit or what would need to be altered to make it run? Obviously in windows we have silverlight already.

Cheers
Andy
Hi, tried to install on gotham 13:2, but i get addon dont have the correct structure...is this being maintained still??
Hi I tried to install this last night on Openelec 5.02 and i got the same message about correct structure.

Any suggestions?
Was hoping this would work but it seems it doesn't.

With them adding BT Sport Extra channels and such it would be really handy to have this working for those of us with BT Subscriptions!

Will provide beer tokens to someone to get this working!
Nice! Shame this doesnt work anymore though Sad
This is the add on I wish I had the most!
i'd throw money towards getting this working
Could anybody take the source code provided here and alter this to display the stream within Kodi?
literally my most desired addon
DRM would almost certainly preclude that. And any workaround it that would probably violate our forum rules (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Just incase anybody was wondering. I am actually a btsports subscriber with a login to view the streams. I am unsatisfied with the view in my browser on my pc, and the experience of using the android app shows a brilliantly clear stream but with poor choppy video. Browser shows less clear, but fluid video. I had always hoped somebody else cared enough and had similar hopes. Maybe the stream viewed in kodi would be clear and fluid.
You wouldn't be able to do so, as the aforementioned DRM would stop it (it almost certainly wouldn't be possible to decode within a plug-in or add-on, as obviously BT don't make that kind of information freely available). You'd need a work-around like using Pipelight or a web browser, which would both limit the platforms that it could be used on, and could possibly lead you back to exactly where you are at the moment.

One suggestion though - can the android app either cast or share the stream? You could then perhaps either send it directly to Kodi via DLNA or uPNP, or if it can share then maybe go via an app like Yatse or Kore.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Guess its not going to be possible to run BT Sports through Kodi unless BT come on board with the DRM you spoke about in this recent article here https://kodi.tv/article/dev-journal-kodi-and-drm

Was atleast hoping I could add my BT Sports package to Kodi because there's not even a BT Sports app I can use with Nvidia Shield Tv (I know it not your problem here, Was just hoping Wink )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] BT Sport Player (UK only)0