Linux Upgraded to Kodi now no video and stuttering audio
Greetings all,

Have been running Gotham on Ubuntu mostly successfully for a while now. Received a message to upgrade to Kodi Helix today which I did. Now menus show up fine but when I go to play a video (I have tried several) I get no picture (have tried switching between hardware and software acceleration to no avail) and stuttering audio.

Debug log is here: http://pastebin.com/3NSUpjzP

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Same issue with me. I am running Ubuntu 14.04. was using xbmc 13.02 saw the same update msg so I installed kodi. Some video seems to work but the ones that done are either a black screen or the first scene of the show. Audio seems to work but i can't stop or do anything to the show once it starts. i have to kill the program to get control back.

Debug logs is hear: http://pastebin.com/kwvF2vwT

Would apprciated assistance as well. I tried to unistall kodi and reinstall xbmc per wiki paged but it still installs kodi
Can you both try to disable "Sync Playback to Display", then restart kodi and see?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That seems to have worked, thanks! Is that setting supposed to have any other effects?
Yes, it sadly has. I will ping the developer that implemented this new Reference Clock, it seems we have now found (older) intel hardware that has issues with it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Your CPUs are:
Quote:23:19:20 T:139703061731264 NOTICE: Host CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 661 @ 3.33GHz, 4 cores available

This one is quite clear.

and
Quote:NOTICE: Host CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4570S CPU @ 2.90GHz, 4 cores available

I really wonder for the 4570S as this is quite new. @patrickog: Can you try with direct kodi session, so not starting it from Unity? Second try: Enable Undirect fullscreen videos (it's a ccsm setting for unity). Windowed mode does work?

Edit: You both run compiz, any chance to test the things above? Logout of unity and start the kodi session directly? Then continue to test the other suggestions from unity?
The actual processor model I have is the i5-4570S. I will try the direct session tomorrow and report back. Should I try it with Sync Playback to Display enabled?
Yes, try with that setting enabled - as it works with it disabled in Unity, we need to find out what causes that.
Sorry not sure what you mean with a direct session
Logout,

in lightdm choose "XBMC" instead of Ubuntu Unity session
Non-deterministic issues are the most fun!

So as requested here is what I did:

1) Used a direct session, enabled Sync Playback to Display. Worked fine
2) I am assuming you meant "Unredirect" vs. "Undirect" in your original response? If so, I checked that and it was already enabled.
3) Windowed mode : The window was a bit screwy (it took up about 1/4th of my screen on the top left and wasn't aligned properly so a portion was cut off on the side) but it played back fine.
4) Here's the fun one: Rebooting into the normal Unity session with Sync Playback to Display set that was previously not working and now it is working.

If there are logs or any other information you'd like from testing the above scenarios, please let me know.
Nope. It seems (like expected) Unity's compiz highly interfers ... not sure what I can do about that. File a bug with the ubuntu guys?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to Kodi now no video and stuttering audio0