Linux Updating to Kodi from 12.2 stable with XBMCbuntu (11.10) as base install
Hi,

I'm trying to update to the current release of Kodi from XBMC 12.2. I've already run 'sudo apt-get update', 'sudo apt-get upgrade' and then 'sudo do-release-upgrade'.

I've added the following to /etc/apt/sources.list as it looks like I'm at EOL with support
Code:
## EOL upgrade sources.list
# Required
deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric main restricted universe multiverse
deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric-updates main restricted universe multiverse
deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric-security main restricted universe multiverse

It's gone through and done various updates, I've rebooted and I'm still running 11.10.

'sudo apt-get install xbmc' reports its at the latest release. 'sudo apt-get install kodi' reports no package by that name..

I'd really rather not do a fresh install as I have a lot of other installed software on the system.. can anyone please throw some light at this for me?

Thanks,
Doug
what is the output when you do-release-upgrade ?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Code:
doug@minipc:~$ sudo do-release-upgrade
[sudo] password for doug:
Checking for a new Ubuntu release
No new release found
Does this help?

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2013/05/10/ubun...ay-9-2013/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It pointed me to a page that I'd been to already, though had ignored a step as the release I had was LTS so I left the prompt=LTS originally, though have just changed it to normal and it appears to be going okay.

If I bugger it all up, then I guess I'll deal with reinstalling fresh.

Thanks
I find a complete reinstall to be my standard approach to upgrading ubuntu. PITA though it is.
it appeared to be upgrading but at the end, again, I'm left with 11.10. *grumble*

Code:
Checking package manager
Reading package lists... Done    
Building dependency tree          
Reading state information... Done
Building data structures... Done

Calculating the changes

Calculating the changes
No candidate ver:  libapt-inst1.3
...... (20 odd messages of the same)
No candidate ver:  libshairplay0
No candidate ver:  linux-image-3.0.0-16-generic
No candidate ver:  linux-image-3.0.0-17-generic-pae

The software on this computer is up to date.

There are no upgrades available for your system. The upgrade will now
be canceled.

Do you want to start the upgrade?

Continue [yN]  Details [d]y

Fetching
Fetched 0 B in 0s (0 B/s)                                                                                        

Upgrading
apport: unrecognized service
Fetched 0 B in 0s (0 B/s)                                                                                        

Searching for obsolete software
Reading package lists... Done    
Building dependency tree          
Reading state information... Done

System upgrade is complete.

Restart required

To finish the upgrade, a restart is required.
If you select 'y' the system will be restarted.

I'm just stuck living in the past... will wait till next year (next weekend) when I have more time to do a fresh install.

Unless anyone else has an idea to try?
As I say, I usually reinstall. Google may be your friend. It is essentially a ubuntu problem at this point.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating to Kodi from 12.2 stable with XBMCbuntu (11.10) as base install0