Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.0
(2015-01-01, 00:25)JoeBlowinski Wrote: Thanks for the update. I took your advice once I thought about it. There were rare occasions when the audio sync was slightly off. So far 13.2, passthrough off, set for 5.1 and Resample Audio is spot on with the video I noticed the sound sync being off.

Yeah, it can't be perfect if it can't resample the audio. As a side note.. I'm sure you know this but, just in case... obviously set the number of channels to what you actually have. I said 5.1 only because that's what I have.

(2015-01-01, 00:25)JoeBlowinski Wrote: So we're both back to happy, eh?

Well, not quite.. I'm a skin author too (shameless plug: Metropolis, try it! lol) so I kind of need to be running the latest on my main machine so I can spot issues with it.

I'm currently building from sources to see if I can spot anything.
Just an FYI, I built from sources from the current Helix branch, and it's still not working.
Thank you for this information. You are obviously a much more sophisticated user than I, and I appreciate your taking the lead on this. Please feel free to keep me posted. As a simplistic user, I've never messed with skins before, but now will in the near future. I'm interested in your creation. Again, thanks much for all the help.
These settings are recommended if you cannot get video to sync up to the TV properly with refresh rate switching on:

Kodi > System > Settings > Video > Playback:

- Adjust display refresh rate to match video - OFF
- Sync playback to display - ON
- A/V sync method - Video clock (Resample audio)

Smile

Yes, but I want it to adjust the refresh rate.. that's the whole point. I want 24Hz content to play back at 24Hz..
I recommend you plug the iMac straight into the TV and test - from your log there is a Denon AVR in the HDMI chain ?

I have, same issue. It's fine in Gotham 13.2, but not in Kodi 14.0.
What make and model of TV ?

Panasonic TC-L55E50.
24p capable TV then.

Your not running mySQL by chance?
There are known problems in other threads on the OSX part of the forum when migrating to Kodi.

Otherwise you know what I'm going to suggest now.....

To start Kodi virgin afresh:

OSX > Finder > Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Application Support

Rename the Kodi folder and the XBMC folder also, otherwise you get Kodi migrating your XBMC stuff again upon restart.
Cross fingers its an add-on incompatibility issue.

Smile

I am using MySQL. I don't see how that'd be the problem since disabling refresh rate adjustment resolves the jerky playback and audio sync issues.

However.. trying it now, completely clean installation, no MySQL, and copied a movie over to the local filesystem. Using all default addons and skin, with the only changes to the settings as noted above (refresh rate adjust, sync to display [resample], 5.1 audio channels, no passthrough).

It still exhibits the same problem -- the audio is not in sync. If I disable the refresh rate adjustment, the sync problem goes away, as before.
Found and fixed the problem.

I have a build that I can share, if the Kodi devs are OK with me sharing it. Or if a dev wants to apply the patch and upload it to the test builds that'd work too.
This build fixes the problem for anyone that wants it solved before the next release Smile
I have the same problem with jerky/laggy video in Helix (I only watch Live TV (PVR), no movies), and I don't use 'adjust refresh rate'.

All settings are exactly the same as in Gotham.

I'm using a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.10.1) with HDMI and 1080p@50Hz.

I just tried the "kodi-20150107-01dc700-fixosxvsyncbp-x86_64.dmg" build, and it seems to have fixed the jerky/laggy playback (will test some more).

Thanks for the work on fixing this!
(2015-01-08, 01:40)jingai Wrote: This build fixes the problem for anyone that wants it solved before the next release Smile

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Today is the first chance I've had to try the new build. Unfortunately, this doesn't quite fix the problem for me. I'd say I'm 90% fixed. I get just the slightest hesitation every couple of seconds. It's watchable, but I'm used to perfect, so Kodi is not ready for primetime for me yet. Never the less, thanks for all your hard work.

BTW, love your Metropolis skin!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky, unwatchable playback in Kodi 14.00