XBMC -> Kodi install, No frontrow (blackscreen on boot)
Hi there

I had been running XBMC Eden for quite a while on ATV2, 5.0.2 (4250).

I can ssh into it fine and to install Kodi, followed:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Apple_TV_2

I had issues with lack of space, but resolved this and Kodi seemed to install fine subsequently.

However, when complete, it rebooted to a blackscreen (i.e. no frontrow) but I could still shell in fine.

I removed kodi with apt-get remove org.xbmc.kodi-atv2 - and frontrow appears again with XBMC 11 in the menu as previous. This is repeatable.

Any suggestions what to check next to get Kodi and Frontrow working at the same time? I haven't found many similar issues via google to assist.

tia
zorruno
erm, i am by no means ios expert, but just resolved "lkinda" a similar issue.

was "org.tomcool.xbmc-booter" ive had installed for a long time, seems since xbmc, is now kodi, hence i guess the trigger needs to be updated to include kodi?

anyhow, for me this helped...

Code:
apt-get remove org.tomcool.xbmc-booter

D.
Hi D, thanks for the suggestion. XBMC wasn't previously auto-booting, it boots to frontrow and I choose xbmc from there.

I checked and org.tomcool.xbmc-booter is not installed
Update: I was able to install 12.3 without issues. Once that was done the install of Kodi 14.0 was successful.

I've got the same problem. Was running 11.0. Followed the upgrade steps and my screen goes blank and the only way to get it back is to remove kodi.
Any ideas?
if in doubt - remove xbmc before instaliing kodi (they can't work sidebyside on atv2 anyway) -

apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC -> Kodi install, No frontrow (blackscreen on boot)0