• 4(current)
CCM for Helix
Noticed 2 small things

1 General Settings menu does not recognize mouse wheel like the other menus do.

2 I'm not hearing any sounds like when you right click to go back and the setting is set to always
While its nothing urgent / important, I always preferred the Media Icon's with a transparent background... as you did in earlier builds of the Hybrid Skin (this was possibly pre Gotham).

But i get around that, as im doing my own build now for Helix with the CCM skin as default - and replace all the Media Icons with much earlier versions which had a transparent background.
(2015-01-04, 23:58)Pillze Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 23:26)Mudislander Wrote: @Pillze will look at it tomorrow sometime, one thing different from what I usually do is that as per original Confluence if TVShows are not set as library content and added to library then menu item TVShows doesn't show.

Hi

No need to look at this, the tvshows menu item is working fine Smile

Thanks

Cool - That was easy!!

(2015-01-05, 00:19)Marx1 Wrote: I can't enable "Enable Fanart Script". How centralised fanart directory is supposed to work?

As for favourites i would dived it for a few groups like shows, tales, series, gym etc. I looked at SuperFavourities and it seems quite good, so support for it would be nice.
Edit: i played with this add-on and it's great. It would be nice to have an option to switch Kodi favourites into this plug-in, so choosing asterisk would lead to this plug-in.
The best would be replace default "add to favourites" with adding to this plug-in, but is it possible?

You need to install "script.grab.fanart" for "Enable Fanart Script" to work, I haven't added it as a dependency

Cenralised fanart directory is for use with scripts like Artwork Organizer the home screen should then cycle through movie fanarts as backgrounds on movie items - also depends on what you've set your background to etc. Bear in mind I've whacked this out in a few days with a mixture of code from CCM and Hybrid + a few improvements - so chances are high that somethings will not work Smile

BTW "Physical Music Folder" is not used yet, but that will be so we can find CDArt, Logos and some Artist stuff.

Haven't looked at Super Favourites yet, but will do

(2015-01-05, 03:23)jcorsaut Wrote: Mudislander, took a look at your github version as it stands right now. Most things look great, but having the add-on shortcuts menu exactly like it was in CCM for gotham is a must for me. In your gotham version you had them labelled "user selection one addon set" through to ten. Were also able to add favourites as well as video, program, music, etc. addons to any of the user selections. If it easy to code, using the "submenu choices" menu system in add-on shortcuts would be great.

Otherwise looking quite brilliant as usual.

Realised I hadn't done them when I was playing with my own setup last night - They will get done, want to try to add 7 to the screen per menu item as that seems quite popular ATM and also will be able to add more than just addons eg playlists etc.

(2015-01-05, 04:16)flhthemi Wrote: Noticed 2 small things

1 General Settings menu does not recognize mouse wheel like the other menus do.

2 I'm not hearing any sounds like when you right click to go back and the setting is set to always

Big Grin Cheers.

1. Probably because I changed the size of the menu - will go back and check hotspots.
2. Don't think that's the MOD, but will check that the sound files are there and try for myself. I've turned them off on my laptop as I'm well sick and tired of the sound

[EDIT] Sound is working on my laptop, will test main media system tonight - Does anyonelse have this problem?

Also I need the Back and Home buttons to work as per Hybrid - Keep trying to select them with remote Sad

(2015-01-05, 06:26)BlissSol Wrote: While its nothing urgent / important, I always preferred the Media Icon's with a transparent background... as you did in earlier builds of the Hybrid Skin (this was possibly pre Gotham).

But i get around that, as im doing my own build now for Helix with the CCM skin as default - and replace all the Media Icons with much earlier versions which had a transparent background.

Will probably eventually put out a theme with the older icons as I also prefer them but ATM desperatly trying to hang onto mission statement of staying true to original Confluence
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Playing with superfavourities made me thinks that it can nicely integrate with skin. It can make some skin function better. For example instead of doing menu "plugins" with submenu covering max 7 plugins you can point this menu at superfavouritues plug-in, which can do full screen, colorized, with icons submenu. In fact i can do this now.
But the missing piece is adding menu item to superfavourities. Now I need to add to default favourites, then open plug-in and move this item to superfavourities, which is tedious
I noticed that there are "In progress TV Shows" in the latest version, but no "In progress Movies".
Mudislander it would be nice if you could add this feature.
OK a little more info on the sounds thing....

If I use the keyboard (esc) I hear the back.wav
If I use the mouse (right click) I do not hear the back.wav

If I use the keyboard (any arrow key) to move on the home menu I hear the cursor.wav
If I use the mouse wheel to scroll the menu bar I do not hear the cursor.wav

So it seems there is a problem with mouse and sounds? I hear NO navigation sounds at all anywhere in Helix with the mouse. I hear all of them if I use the keyboard. Maybe I need to turn something ON? Maybe it's related to a physical mouse and not a laptop touch pad?

Windows 7

EDIT: Ok call me stupid! I switched to the stock Helix Confluence skin and got the same results. Funny I had never noticed this before until now. Even in Gotham if there is a mouse present there are no navigation sounds on a PC. So it is either a XBMC/Kodi bug or it's by design.

So don't waste anymore time trying to fix something you probably can't fix Wink Damn I hate being dumb!
So glad you are working on Kodi support!
I was so upset to lose your old CCM skin when I updated!

When you are done with this skin the Kodi Devs really ought to make it the default (or one of them) skin for Kodi.
It's ridiculous that the default confluence skin doesn't have all the features Kodi Skins are capable of.
Big Grin It'll never become the default skin. Default skins must work out the box with no 3rd Party scripts - allthough I notice Confluence supports TVtunes ?

What I wish is that MOD's were allowed into the official repo but the powers that be have ruled that there would be too much confusion by users over who was responsible for bugs and blame the original skin author

(2015-01-05, 19:09)Mudislander Wrote: Big Grin It'll never become the default skin. Default skins must work out the box with no 3rd Party scripts - allthough I notice Confluence supports TVtunes ?

What I wish is that MOD's were allowed into the official repo but the powers that be have ruled that there would be too much confusion by users over who was responsible for bugs and blame the original skin author

LOL
Don't get me started on "The Powers that be!"

Perhaps the solution would be to focus on creating (or Adopting) OFFICIAL SCRIPTS so Custom skinning was more easily standardized that way there would be much fewer bugs and incompatibilities created whenever "The Powers that be!" make changes that break most user setups when they upgrade!

But it would seem every answer to every request is a NO!
LOL

Truth is they should take on the Addons the same way Google and Apple deal with Apps. They maintain some control over what gets added but there is one central location to get what you want.

I had to re-install 4 or 5 repos to get back my setup after upgrading from XBMC to Kodi and I have yet to see any difference to make the jump worth the trouble. I'm sure the improvement is there but with limited skinning provided for a project that is essentially all about the frontend it's sure hard to see.
(2015-01-05, 08:37)Mudislander Wrote: You need to install "script.grab.fanart" for "Enable Fanart Script" to work, I haven't added it as a dependency

Cenralised fanart directory is for use with scripts like Artwork Organizer the home screen should then cycle through movie fanarts as backgrounds on movie items - also depends on what you've set your background to etc. Bear in mind I've whacked this out in a few days with a mixture of code from CCM and Hybrid + a few improvements - so chances are high that somethings will not work Smile

I've installed
https://github.com/robweber/script.grab.fanart/
but still I can't "enable fanart script" - it's greyed out
Hmm - seems to be a bug there, I've now got the same problem. Will have to look into it.

Welcome back Mudislander! CoolCool

(2014-12-31, 11:12)nkgx Wrote: I think the feature list of previous CCM is a good start Smile. The skin provides great functionality without compromising simplicity.

^^^ I concur. Hopefully all the features and small tweaks that we worked on for so long can be rolled up into the new version.
(unfortunately some small tweaks do seem to have been lost in the final version for Gotham)

Just to confirm, this version will be Helix only - correct? (ie: it will NOT be backwards compatible with Gotham)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Howzit

Yeh this version will only work on Helix, as it brought along new PVR windows, keyboard plus a few other things.

There is goning to be a few differences due to other 3rdParty scripts now not working - incidently script.grab.fanart seems to have problems Sad and it looks like the widget script is going out of fashion so that will need a major rewrite.

Have just updated git - Addons should now work and have redone submenus. Not done any bugs yet but will start to look at what's been mentioned.

Hi There

Just a couple of things i am having trouble with atm Big Grin

1. I think there is a problem with the randomandlast script recent movies show fine on the homescreen but random ones dont work. it does not randomize the movies on the home screen and then fails to show the widgets at the top of the homescreen and live wallpaper stays as recent, changing back to recent items fixes the widgets and ofc the live wallpaper is then correct.
2. Installing the latest version seems to have massive mouse pointer issues with submenus i cant click or any but the 1st and to highlight that i need to mouse 2cm below it Big Grin

Thanks!
Whoops Big Grin I'll fix the submenus tomorrow

Haven't seen the random items problem yet, but have noticed the older scripts are acting a bit iffy.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM for Helix11