• 1(current)
CCM for Helix
Decided to re-write CCM from scratch for Kodi - Helix. The objective is on initial install to have the default Confluence look, but with the ability to customize the MOD's settings for a more personalised look and feel.

First image below show the MOD on initial install and in the other two images the Home Screen has been customised through the skin settings.

To install the MOD in "Helix ONLY" first download Hybrid Repo which needs to be installed via the zip option. Once the repo is installed, the MOD can be selected and installed from it

Please take note that CCM-Helix is an ongoing project and therefore constantly changing. Bugs may be introduced as a result and only through comunity co-operation will they be identified and eradicated.

Thanks go out to the authors of a lot of skins for ideas and snippets utilized in this MOD, including - Aeon Nox,Transparency! and obviously Confluence

If you like my work and want to help, you can donate with the button below. Thanks!! It'll help buy my wife the occasional box of chocolates for ignoring her so often
Noli illegitimi carborundum

this is awesome news but would it be any easier to just focus on Hybrid for the Helix skin seeing as CCM is fairly similar but Hybrid has a few features??

as far as the main menu lowering it might be good if so the fanart can be displayed a bit more clearly maybe lower the recent items widget to just above the menu bar so it is not at the top

idk just a couple things that might be alright

I am using Hybrid on my Helix install currently it seems to be working alright i haven't noticed anything out of wack but then again i don't do a lot of tweaking or addons
Actually started back by looking at Hybrid - keyboard to be exact then dug deeper and actually a lot of stuff has changed internal id's etc. Believe it or not the issue that stopped me was the rename to Kodi - now need new startup movie and default backgrounds.

So for now Hybrid is on the back burner, but will eventually update.

Great thing with Mods is starting off with a popular working skin and letting it evolve step by step as new trends and ideas emerge.

I am VERY, VERY happy to you back Mudislander!!!

I vote - leave CCM as it is, get it working in Helix as is and then change things like the menu bar, if you must. I personally like it as, but I prefer Hybrid Dev and was hoping to see it migrate first. I'm in no hurry, I've been tinkering (n00b alert!) and have it sort of working (Hybrid Dev) in Helix. But...I'm not tinkering with it anymore now that I see it will eventually get updated!!! These two skins are possibly the most versatile skins there are and it would ruin Kodi for me to not have them available! Yeah!! I got a BIG grin when I read you're back at it! Whew!

Just THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Smile
Welcome back Smile

As your asking for suggestions i have a few things id like to suggest

1. Please leave in the option to have the lowered bar and the option to have it not wraparound please. Also the the low list view for movies and the tv view that has the banners on the left.
2. Please leave in the live backgrounds option as they are just AMAZING Smile along with the options that come with randomandlast script. maybe options to scale and choose the amount of home screen random and last items would be cool too Smile
3. A few more presets adding into the extras folder like fantasy, action, horror etc. i know you can add smart playlists but its just an idea Smile
4. Thinking speed is there anyway the skin can become slightly modular in the way that, if i dont use any of the pvr features or certain views i can just remove that module or tick a checkbox to not have that part of the skin load on next launch making the skin more lean and maybe faster in certain circumstances?
5. the osd when you begin movie playback seems to take a while (4/5secs) to show onscreen compared to default confluence, i was wondering if there was a way to speed this up? this is only a minor thing Smile also the codec info on that screen above the play progress bar looks like its missing some things and i dont think the green and blue HD/SD fit the overall theme.

TLDR : the skin is awesome please leave bits and any speedups/cleanups/optimizations would be greatly welcome Tongue

Thanks
@Pillze - Thanks.Good to be back!! Must admit well out of it ATM having to look up allsorts of little things Big Grin

Of all your points, the only one I have a problem with is the modular bit. You can hide stuff if it's not being used but will always get loaded - Unfortunately.

Welcome back Mudislander!

I think the feature list of previous CCM is a good start Smile. The skin provides great functionality without compromising simplicity.
Sure that's intended, maybe should ask for what was not needed/used - genre icons perhaps ?

Maybe a icon theme like that: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203291 then...
It looks more elegant in CCM.
Big Grin That was the first thing changed - Thanks to uNiversal for the images.

Uploaded to https://github.com/Mudislander/skin.ccm.helix but not much to see yet but undercover work for main menu has started.

This is awesome news Mudislander.
You do awesome work!
This is very awesome to hear! Big Grin

Personally I like the option to lower the menu bar, it helps me see the Fan Art which I use for WAF and having the menu bar revert to that start of the listed items.

Is it possible to have more than the 10 ( I think??) main menu items? This isn't a biggy for me, but it would help if there was an option to add a couple more items to it.

I like being able to add custom video nodes, rather than playlists, as they work better for my particular set up.

But most of all, Thank you for this wonderful skin! Big Grin
I've now got 12 main menu items by giving the user the ability to remove the system and DVD Disk buttons. How many users are going to complain that they've removed the settings button and now can't change any settings Big Grin

Not done it yet but the ability to lower menu bar is on the todo list.

Having been away for a while I've lost contacts with some of the scripts out there and having to do some catchup, saw a video node editing addon but haven't had a chance to give it a whirl. The original CCM had the ability to add video nodes to the menu - did you ever try that?

@ Mudislander - yes tried it, loved it and I'm a convert Smile Please don't lose this capability as it was what attracted to me to this skin in the first place!

I use the 'System' button to do functionality changes (and various adjustments) as required, however the 'DVD Disk' functionality is one I switch off (personally) as my setup doesn't require this ( all media is from a NAS). However for others it would be a handy thing to keep.
Goal for CCM-Helix is on initial install to look exactly like Confluence, then being able to change stuff through settings. Already have deviated slightly Big Grin Radio105 Stream is on the main menu by default because I run a projector and prefer it to stay on once turned on rather than on and off everytime someone in the house wants to watch something as we have dayshift & nightshift workers in the house. Radio105 works as a great screensaver.

Need a bit of help though ATM working on individual backgrounds for menu items and due to the name change to Kodi Sad I'm looking for some ideas on backgrounds especially the ones with XBMC pictured like the Addons background or the default startup background I used to use. Actually could use a new startup movie also. So feel free to start suggesting.

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM for Helix11