KodiBuntu Login/Password (USB Boot)
All,
I got the solution.
Press Ctrl-Alt-F1 and the terminal session will appear.
Switch to root user .: sudo su -
Create an user : useradd koditv2 (remember the password you choose)
Grant sudoers priviliges to it
Press Ctrl-Alt-F7 and the Kodi TV session will apper.
Now exit from Kodi and you will see your new koditv2 user in the list.
Login using the credential and you will ahve the desktop.
Setup the WiFi (or others admin tasks)
Than you can run again the Kodi Software from the menu.

Halof
For live.
First - put kodi as user name then get cursor to password, do not write anything then chose session - linux notebook, and finally click Log in. Just before you click Log in you can make sure if the right session is selected.
Hi,
I installed Kodi from USB and created a user password.
However, when I try to ssh with this user, I always get "Permission denied".

The same user/password works from Kodi, using the Exit command.
My password contains the hash '#' key. Is there an encoding issue when I use terminal on the mac?
no idea. Reset the password to something else and try again. You can also ssh to localhost from kodibuntu itself to double check.
Here's the answer, first post by the way

login: Kodi
password:
(blank)

Use Lubuntu on the top right
NOT LUBUNTU NETBOOK

that will put you back into kodi, If you look closely, the Icon will change... make sure the icon is the correct one when you login
I'm having the issue as above, but the answer for the live usb session log in has been answered.

To clarify, I boot from a USB stick (never install, so never prompted to set up user name/password). Kodi will come up, but since the wi-fi is not connected to the internet, the software will not work. As suggested above, I exit Kodi and have the option in the upper right of Kodi, Lubuntu, and Lubuntu Netbook and the middle box there appears to be another drop down, with Other...., but no other options exist. The only user name password combination that works is kodi and blank password. and it always takes you back into Kodi regardless of what is selected in the upper right corner.

I guess the main question is what is there a root user name and default password?
(2015-12-03, 19:26)meredets Wrote: I'm having the issue as above, but the answer for the live usb session log in has been answered.

To clarify, I boot from a USB stick (never install, so never prompted to set up user name/password). Kodi will come up, but since the wi-fi is not connected to the internet, the software will not work. As suggested above, I exit Kodi and have the option in the upper right of Kodi, Lubuntu, and Lubuntu Netbook and the middle box there appears to be another drop down, with Other...., but no other options exist. The only user name password combination that works is kodi and blank password. and it always takes you back into Kodi regardless of what is selected in the upper right corner.

I guess the main question is what is there a root user name and default password?

Root is the username, and usually there is no password for Root in ubuntu. Use Sudo to run your commands as root

Cheers!
Thanks wyild1 for the suggestion. I tried "Root" and "root" without a password for both Lubuntu, and Lubuntu Netbook options (in the upper right corner) and still get incorrect password. I have not looked in other areas, but I'm not sure what version of Linux is running in the background......which may depend on what user name / password is used.
ubuntu disables the root user by default. You use your own user and sudo when root rights are needed.
You can set a password for root, but its not recommended.
As wsnipex said..a root user is absolutely not necessary while using Ubuntu based OSs. Especially not for the use with Kodi.

Code:
sudo 'command'

is absolutely enough.
ugh, I hate to have to be posting here, but I cannot for the life of me login into my Kubuntu install.

I've tried pretty much everything in this thread, and what is odd is that I know I have logged in before (initial install was 14.1, and now running 14.2). I must have set a username and password when I did my original install, but it's hard to believe that this would kill the kodi username login. I've tried logging into kodi, lubuntu, and lubutnu netbook, using all of my standard logins (which never deviate from a few word/letter combinations) yet nothing is working (the downside to an OS install you never need to touch is that its easy to forget what got you in there). Obviously, I will be writing this shit down if I ever get back in again, but hopefully I am just missing something stupid.

I'm trying to update kodi again (if there is one), so should I be logging into kodi or one of the lubuntus? And if I have given it a username and password on install, is there any possibility that root was enabled at this time with some generic password? Did the Kodi username go away? Into which should I be logging into, kodi or one of the lubuntus? Is there a trick I should know about that can get me back in? Anything? Anyone? Help please!
This has exactly zero relevance to Kodi.
http://bfy.tw/3ZYA
(2016-01-05, 19:45)Soli Wrote: This has exactly zero relevance to Kodi.
http://bfy.tw/3ZYA

Wow, you're so awesome, I can't even. Actually, this is a KODIBUNTU install. So, yeah, it kinda does. One would think that specifying a username and password on install wouldn't erase another username and password that is installed by default, but it sure looks like that is what happened.

So, if you have something useful to add, please do. If not, I have a few suggestions for things you can go do. And as a general rule in the case where you don't have anything helpful to add, silence is golden.
If you install a regular Linux distro, chances are that Openoffice will be installed as well. If you can't remember your login, you don't go whine on Openoffice forums about it. So yeah, it has exactly zero relevance to Kodi. And no specifying a username/password does not erase another username. The username you specified on install *is* your default username, whose password YOU have forgotten. I just gave you the help you needed (and that lmgtfy link is well deserved), so shut up.
I didn't install a regular linux distro, I installed Kodibuntu.

Again, if anyone has something useful to add, it would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KodiBuntu Login/Password (USB Boot)0