KodiBuntu Login/Password (USB Boot)
Hi,

Before posting this basic question I did search couple forums without success. The official kodibuntu wiki here http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodibuntu seems to say that login is xbmc with no password.

I tried multiple login / password combinations:
- xbmc/xbmc
- xbmc/(no password)
- kodi/kodi
- kodi/(no password)
- xbmc/blank
- xbmc/none

My system is:
- Intel NUC booting from USB (using LiLi USB creator) as described in Kodi wiki again (http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod..._USB_drive)
- KodiBuntu version is kodibuntu-14.0rc~helix_i386.iso

My system boots fine, I can get Kodi and its addons working but I'd like to manually login to linux either through SSH or at the console login/password prompt I see when I shutdown Kodi.

I seems someone had a similar issue usign xbmcbuntu and usb boot couple months ago and there was no reply apparently:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...t=password

Any idea ?

Thanks !
so you are running the Live session, without having actually installed kodibuntu? Then it should indeed be xbmc or kodi without passord. Dunno whats going on if that doesn't work.
If you *installed* it, then you have been asked to create a user during the process.
Thanks, it turns out that I had tried all these passwords on SSH but apparently not all of them at the console prompt (after closing Kodi).

"kodi" with no password works via console. Then to get SSH access either configure a password or modify the sshd_config to accept login with no passwords.

Last question: after I close Kodi I get to a GUI login prompt with at the top right corner a selection for 3 options "Kodi", "Lubuntu" and "Lubuntu netbook".

If I use "kodi" with no password (default user password) then regardless of the choice I made for Lubuntu or Lubuntu-Netbook the system always brings me to Kodi. Is there no Gnome like interface included by default in kodibuntu (knowing I made a bootable live kodibuntu from Lili USB creator which basically asked no questions at all)?
I'm have the same query as you. If someone could help it would be much appreciated.

You mentioned that you have the add ons working, so I take that means you have connected kodi to wifi. How did you connect it to wifi? I've been through the system settings, Google and I still can't figire it out.
If you could help It would be great.

Thanks!
Sad 
I am also looking for the logon credentials for KodiBuntu

I installed Kodibuntu version 13 from the ISO to the internal drive, works fine, but when I drop,(EXIT) from Kodi GUI to the desktop, I cannot login with any suggested credentials provided here.

Even changed the "session" with the drop down menu, upper right icon with a picture of a cog or gear on it, tried kodi, lubuntu, and lubuntu netbook.

kodi / blank password
xmbc / blank password
kodi / kodi
xmbc / xmbc
etc......

Nothing works!

I can select and log back into KODI GUI with the user info I set during the install. works fine.

But I still cannot get into the desktop. I need to install and setup a usb wifi adapter.

Can someone tell us what the logon is for the desktop!!!!

Please!
you have been asked for a username and password during _install_.
OK so no more xbmc user, just use the user setup during install for desktop access and select luubuntu.

Thanks!

Now how do I get it to boot back to Kodi automatically!
(2015-01-18, 22:06)wsnipex Wrote: you have been asked for a username and password during _install_.

....not if running in 'live' iso mode. Are you saying there's no way to access the underlying system when running live? I doubt that's the case.....how about giving us the user/pass for Lubuntu. Thanks in advance..../j
(2015-01-23, 06:10)jaskcon Wrote:
(2015-01-18, 22:06)wsnipex Wrote: you have been asked for a username and password during _install_.

....not if running in 'live' iso mode. Are you saying there's no way to access the underlying system when running live? I doubt that's the case.....how about giving us the user/pass for Lubuntu. Thanks in advance..../j

Update: After exiting Kodi, when presented with the login menu, choose 'Lubuntu-Netbook' (not 'Lubuntu') from the session configuration drop-down list, then use the 'kodi' username with a null password and you'll have full system access with su-level privileges.

I hope this helps others......
regards,
/jack
(2015-01-23, 14:00)jaskcon Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 06:10)jaskcon Wrote:

Update: After exiting Kodi, when presented with the login menu, choose 'Lubuntu-Netbook' (not 'Lubuntu') from the session configuration drop-down list, then use the 'kodi' username with a null password and you'll have full system access with su-level privileges.

I hope this helps others......
regards,
/jack

Doesnt work. The only option in the "drop-down menu" is fixed to Other.

And as it was stated above, even if you select lubuntu or lubuntu-netbook from the right top options, you still get logged in to kodi.

BTW, on the live usb boot the "expert install" and "command line expert install" doesnt work.
(2015-02-16, 19:35)sangriaman Wrote: Doesnt work. ...

Same for me/ I can select different sessions but every time i'm brought into kodi. Will anybody help to get access to the desktop?
select the session first, then enter username and password
Hi wsnipex,
that exactly our problem: we don't know which username and password we have to enter.
I'm running KodiBuntu from an USB, created using Linux USB creator and image kodibuntu-14.0rc~helix_i386.iso .

Any help?

Halof
did you _install_ kodi already? Creating the USB drive from the iso is _not_ installing, its running in live mode. In that case the username is kodi, with blank password.
If you installed, you have been asked to create a new user.
Thanks, now I got the point. Can we go to desktop mode while using Live for USB?
I'm interested on wifi settings so I can connect to my router with WBA encryption.

Thanks?
Halof

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KodiBuntu Login/Password (USB Boot)0