• 5(current)
Kodi v14.1 testing (ended)
Hi Ned & Kodi Devs,
Is it possible from you please update "librtmp.so" on Kodi v14.1 to the latest one, as it was done now on the most recent nightlies builds v15 since January 11th. The current librtmp.so is weightinh 1.54 Mb instead of the 1.17 Mb included on Kodi 14 and 14.1. Thanks.
The Windows Jan 12th build seems to have fixed the frequent crashing i was having with Windows Helix 14.0. Thanks!
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
its not you. its me.....figured out my problems were my own self doing. 14.1 build 20150112 is working amazingly well.

maybe this helps other android users with set top boxes:

i had tried everything in the book, trying to fix my crashing problem isolating builds and sections of my advancedsettings.xml to the conclusion that the one constant i had was cachemembuffersize set to 0. i would recommend not using this settings unless you have the the local space to cache the video contents in its entirety.

i have gone back to using the ram to store my cache and adjusted the ram to cache a larger chunk of data. pure sweetness!

these are my network settings. that i have used from the examples on wiki. it uses the 150mb of cache (450mb total) and is working off the charts well and i havent been able to duplicate my crash, which was easily duplicated prior.

<network>
<cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>

here is the link to those examples. you may find at 150 your using all of your mem and you can adjust it to use less as there are examples for 20,50,100 and 150.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_cache

cheers & thank you team kodi for many timely responses to my ignorant posts. the support here is really quite worthy of a great deal of respect.
On Windows 8 64 bit between a 14.0 beta and 14.0 release there was some kind consistent initialization bug introduced which popped up an error before anything ever displayed on screen. It was just a simple message box with something like "Initialization failed" (I can't remember exactly I'm afraid).
I can confirm that bug is fixed in 20150111-47f67de.
(2015-01-09, 19:33)choekstr Wrote: Ok, tested with Stop. It works flawlessly tested on 2 movies from "Recent Movies" and on 1 TV Show. Stop resumes properly when I jump forward and hit stop. Re-tested pausing and it still doesn't resume at the proper location (resume point set at where I stopped previously).

Had no idea this was an actual bug. I just thought I had to use stop.

I actually liked this behavior better because sometimes I'd accidently hit OK on a movie and it would play. Then I'd pause it and next time I enter it it won't ask me to resume.
Just wanted to throw this in.... for those having issues on Gbox MX2 with Kodi loading the splash screen then the screen going black but can hear the sound output on button presses and using 14.1 and up on nightly. here is what I did. Helix 14.0 stable loaded great but video playback would stutter even with accel. changes. When I changed acceleration in settings it would play smooth with no stutter but had the zoom effect like some others are experiencing. I reloaded with 14.1 jan12 stable link, kept getting blank screens after Kodi start. I did some digging and found that superuser app was blocking Kodi. I downloaded and switched over to use SuperSU. Reloaded 14.1 -RC1 from the jan 12th stable link, once Kodi installed SU granted global permissions, then went black again ***however*** after a reboot Kodi will load and run correctly AND if you set up supersu to show messages you will see just how many permissions are being granted that was being blocked by the not so tweaky superuser app. Gbox MX2 ARMv7 hardware amlogic Meson6 g02 Operating Android 4.2.2 API level 17. The only changes I made in Kodi Video settings was under Acceleration, I unchecked MediaCodec. Anyone needing any other info just pm me or ask. I usually just read and keep up with all the programmers on here as best needed trying not to interject chaos. But since I came across this problem myself and found a workaround I subscribed so as to offer my feedback. This may be something as simple as permissions being blocked. Thanks and You guys are doing a fantastic job. Keep it up. ~viper12
I'm trying the last version (14.1 windows 12 january) and I haven't had any crash in the last 2 days.

I have always some script failure as "grab.fanart", do you have any idea about the reason?

saluti
Antec Fusion - A6 5400k / Ati HD7540 - Kodi Isengard
ASRock Beebox n3150 - Kodi Jarvis
Oled 55E6V - Onkyo nr809 - B&W 5.1 - Harmony One
(2015-01-17, 09:37)callsignviper12 Wrote: Just wanted to throw this in.... for those having issues on Gbox MX2 with Kodi loading the splash screen then the screen going black but can hear the sound output on button presses and using 14.1 and up on nightly. here is what I did. Helix 14.0 stable loaded great but video playback would stutter even with accel. changes. When I changed acceleration in settings it would play smooth with no stutter but had the zoom effect like some others are experiencing. I reloaded with 14.1 jan12 stable link, kept getting blank screens after Kodi start. I did some digging and found that superuser app was blocking Kodi. I downloaded and switched over to use SuperSU. Reloaded 14.1 -RC1 from the jan 12th stable link, once Kodi installed SU granted global permissions, then went black again ***however*** after a reboot Kodi will load and run correctly AND if you set up supersu to show messages you will see just how many permissions are being granted that was being blocked by the not so tweaky superuser app. Gbox MX2 ARMv7 hardware amlogic Meson6 g02 Operating Android 4.2.2 API level 17. The only changes I made in Kodi Video settings was under Acceleration, I unchecked MediaCodec. Anyone needing any other info just pm me or ask. I usually just read and keep up with all the programmers on here as best needed trying not to interject chaos. But since I came across this problem myself and found a workaround I subscribed so as to offer my feedback. This may be something as simple as permissions being blocked. Thanks and You guys are doing a fantastic job. Keep it up. ~viper12

Hi,

Tried this on two MX2 Boxes, one was pre-rooted and one wasn't. Unfortunately, it did not resolve the Amlogic Acceleration issue on HD videos. We have downgraded back to a Gotham Build 13.1 Development.
This build helped with stuttering issues I had when playing any HD streams on a Sumvision Nano Slim Plus M3 box with the Samsung chip.

I changed the decoding method to Hardware accelerated using only the amcodec.

Using this setting in the 14.0 build I would only get sound and no video.

So far I have only tested 720p streams and files from USB as that is all that I have currently but to be honest I rarely if ever use 1080p as my TV is only 720p.

Edit.

Just tested 1080p and it works great as well.
My WASAPI problem is fixed in this build.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1897427
(2015-01-17, 09:37)callsignviper12 Wrote: Just wanted to throw this in.... for those having issues on Gbox MX2 with Kodi loading the splash screen then the screen going black but can hear the sound output on button presses and using 14.1 and up on nightly. here is what I did. Helix 14.0 stable loaded great but video playback would stutter even with accel. changes. When I changed acceleration in settings it would play smooth with no stutter but had the zoom effect like some others are experiencing. I reloaded with 14.1 jan12 stable link, kept getting blank screens after Kodi start. I did some digging and found that superuser app was blocking Kodi. I downloaded and switched over to use SuperSU. Reloaded 14.1 -RC1 from the jan 12th stable link, once Kodi installed SU granted global permissions, then went black again ***however*** after a reboot Kodi will load and run correctly AND if you set up supersu to show messages you will see just how many permissions are being granted that was being blocked by the not so tweaky superuser app. Gbox MX2 ARMv7 hardware amlogic Meson6 g02 Operating Android 4.2.2 API level 17. The only changes I made in Kodi Video settings was under Acceleration, I unchecked MediaCodec. Anyone needing any other info just pm me or ask. I usually just read and keep up with all the programmers on here as best needed trying not to interject chaos. But since I came across this problem myself and found a workaround I subscribed so as to offer my feedback. This may be something as simple as permissions being blocked. Thanks and You guys are doing a fantastic job. Keep it up. ~viper12

BIG THANK YOU TO callsinviper12
this was doing my head in.
luckily i found your post.
i di exactly as you said
now everything is working great.
thanks Lee
Is there a link to download Kodibuntu 4.1? Is there any difference in functionality between the 64-bit and 32-bit including any problems with add-ons or updates/upgrades?
(2015-01-22, 21:38)leebutterworth Wrote:
BIG THANK YOU TO callsinviper12
this was doing my head in.
luckily i found your post.
i di exactly as you said
now everything is working great.
thanks Lee

No prob Lee, glad to help.

Everyone, sorry I have been away and not checking. I have loaded 2 gbox mx2 with the settings as my earlier post above with helix 14.1 and have had no issues with either one running 24/7 since 1-16-15. Both playing supurb in 1080p no stutter no unexpected reboots or shutdowns. I will say this. You have to completely start with factory default on both the matricom box and reload Helix when upgrading to the fantastic Kodi Helix. (14.1) Yes It took me a while to go through and set all my favs and get my settings back the way I like but when you do this you don't run into so many issues trying to reload a saved settings file. I.J.D.W. ---- Also you must uninstall superuser and load supersu. I had to do this in a particular sequence to uninstall superuser so if you need help please PM me. I don't want to clog this thread up. I also did NOT use the "matricom" loader. I only used the "android" loader.

I work nights eastern time GMT-5 10p til 10a JFYI So PM me with any questions I'll help as best I can.

Cheers! ~Darren~ Viper12
(2015-01-15, 22:58)zoolander Wrote: its not you. its me.....figured out my problems were my own self doing. 14.1 build 20150112 is working amazingly well.

maybe this helps other android users with set top boxes:

i had tried everything in the book, trying to fix my crashing problem isolating builds and sections of my advancedsettings.xml to the conclusion that the one constant i had was cachemembuffersize set to 0. i would recommend not using this settings unless you have the the local space to cache the video contents in its entirety.

i have gone back to using the ram to store my cache and adjusted the ram to cache a larger chunk of data. pure sweetness!

these are my network settings. that i have used from the examples on wiki. it uses the 150mb of cache (450mb total) and is working off the charts well and i havent been able to duplicate my crash, which was easily duplicated prior.

<network>
<cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
</network>

here is the link to those examples. you may find at 150 your using all of your mem and you can adjust it to use less as there are examples for 20,50,100 and 150.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_cache

cheers & thank you team kodi for many timely responses to my ignorant posts. the support here is really quite worthy of a great deal of respect.

Thanks for the post, what sort of box are you using it on? I have the Nexus Player which is a little limited in memory with only 1gb.

I have been playing with different advanced settings and have found the config below works well, since it writes to the SD card on the device which is very fast and not memory which in my case is limited.

<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
i can't be sure but nothing has changed on my system with me knowing but i'm now running the windows jan 12th build of rc1 and have gone through all the releases from alpha 2 of kodi (didn't stay on final for long though) and the sluggish menu and dropped frame rate appears to be back after running for a few days only this time for me i have to reboot to fix it just relaunching doesn't work

i will try and run some older builds to see if i can find when it stops or if it is my end and also wanting to bring it up in case others see it or can assist in testing also
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.1 testing (ended)2