• 1(current)
Kodi v14.1 testing (ended)
Testing is over! v14.1 has been released. Thank you to everyone who helped with testing!

While these are test builds for a bugfix version, they are still test builds and could possibly be unstable. Proceed with caution and always backup (wiki) your settings!

What is this:
  • These are test builds for anyone who would like to help with testing the upcoming Kodi v14.1 bugfix release.
  • No new features have been added to this version.
  • Only bug fixes have gone in.
The main aim of this thread is to help make sure that no new bugs have accidentally slipped in as a result of the other bug fixes.

How to help:
  1. If something was working in v14.0 and is now broken in pre-v14.1: This is the main thing we want to know about. Please include in your post:
    • Say if this was also an issue in v14.0 or not.
    • A debug log (wiki)
    • The build date (in the download URL or in system info on Kodi)
    • Details about your system (OS, hardware specs, etc)
    • Steps needed to reproduce the issue (play a movie, go to a file list, use an add-on, etc)
    • The more details, the better.

2. If something was broken in v14.0 and is now fixed in pre-v14.1: feel free to post about that. Confirmation is always nice.

3. If something was broken in v14.0 and is still broken in pre-v14.1: please do not report it in this thread unless it's something we specifically asked to be tested. Report those bugs/issues in a new thread.

Where to download:
Specific v14.1 test builds are listed below. Other files in the "test-builds" directory are unrelated to v14.1 testing.

All final builds can be downloaded from our download page
http://kodi.tv/download/

Changes:
Changes for v14.1 are listed here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/Helix

Some example fixes include:
  • Fix video zoom bug on some Android devices with Amlogic SOCs.
  • Fix "black screen" on video playback playback on some Android devices with Amlogic SOCs.
  • Prevent crashing with some malformed MP3s.
  • Prevent certain audio configurations from crashing Linux builds when playback stops.
  • Fix issue were IPTV Simple Client couldn't playback certain URLs.
  • Fix some cosmetic issues with Confluence.
  • Fix various skinning issues.
  • x86 builds for Android should work again.

As always, a huge thanks to all our testers for helping make Kodi better for everyone!
(2014-12-31, 17:11)Ned Scott Wrote: [*]If something was broken in v14.0 and is now fixed in pre-v14.1: feel free to post about that. Confirmation is always nice.

Local DVB-C unicasts do work again, obviously due to this patch.

But switching those locally available channels now takes a lot longer then with RC2, <1s to >6s now.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
(2015-01-01, 01:33)endtheme Wrote: Koying,

I have some more info for you regarding the issue I'm seeing. On my Android device, the manufacturer has a SettingsMbox app, which lets the user specify the HDMI output display mode. This setting has always been set to auto. However, just now I manually changed it to HDMI 720p 60hz, went back to Kodi (still using the patched version you provided since it did fix the video playback resolution), and the GUI fonts are as crisp as before! If I switch it back to auto or 1080p 60hz, the font looks like crap again. As if it's being resized or something.

I'm not sure why this started happening only after I installed your fix, but maybe this will provide some clues for you. If you need any logs or more info feel free to ask.

I've added two more images to show what the font looked like before your fix (and on 720p display mode), and what it looks like after your fix on 1080p mode.The pictures really don't quite capture the difference for some reason, but it's obvious enough that you can see how jagged or resized the font in the after pic looks. You can notice it a lot by the words "Partly Cloudy" and "Wednesday". Not only is it jagged but the font spacing appears different too.

Before: https://i.imgur.com/9UZTL9W.jpg

After: https://i.imgur.com/efiEt56.jpg

Confirming same on xtreamer SW4 with 14.1 Jan 1st version.

System has output 1080P60H, but when Kodi 14.1 opens, air mouse cursor gets smaller and everything looks like 1080P - using full window mode
When I lower system output to 720P eveything looks same as it was on 13.2 version.

No matter what I choose in xtreamer settings, Kodi will always show 720p and option changing that greyed out
(2015-01-01, 18:45)fallenfuzz Wrote: Confirming same on xtreamer SW4 with 14.1 Jan 1st version.

System has output 1080P60H, but when Kodi 14.1 opens, air mouse cursor gets smaller and everything looks like 1080P - using full window mode
When I lower system output to 720P eveything looks same as it was on 13.2 version.

No matter what I choose in xtreamer settings, Kodi will always show 720p and option changing that greyed out

In other words, the "amlogic scale fix" corrects video playback, but causes an issue with font rendering in the GUI when output on the Android device is set to 1080 (in Android's settings)?
(2015-01-02, 02:57)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 18:45)fallenfuzz Wrote: Confirming same on xtreamer SW4 with 14.1 Jan 1st version.

In other words, the "amlogic scale fix" corrects video playback, but causes an issue with font rendering in the GUI when output on the Android device is set to 1080 (in Android's settings)?

Correct and more accurate is - causes an issue with font rendering in the GUI when output on the Android device is set to 1080 (in Android's settings), but Kodi set's its resolution to 720P with not other options, choose is greyedout

In addition Kodi won't start frequently from the first time. It will crash several times and then start, for example for me it started on the 5th take.
I'm testing now with some of the video hardware options disabled. Will try to get a log too
can you update the links with the new git rev "4c4a9c0"? (except droid x86)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
For the GUI fonts issue on Amlogic, please try a stock 14.0 for comparison, or even a 13.x (you can have a 13.x and 14.x installed sisde-by-side).
AML on MX (and below) boxes always ran in 720p internally, the upscaling to 1080p being done on the HDMI side, which might lead to the issue you mention.

I very, very much doubt the fix for video would change anything on this side.
If anyone has any Android tablet specific issues they need tested, let me know. One of my primary devices is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.7 running a generally vanilla ROM.
(2015-01-02, 12:50)Koying Wrote: For the GUI fonts issue on Amlogic, please try a stock 14.0 for comparison, or even a 13.x (you can have a 13.x and 14.x installed sisde-by-side).
AML on MX (and below) boxes always ran in 720p internally, the upscaling to 1080p being done on the HDMI side, which might lead to the issue you mention.

I very, very much doubt the fix for video would change anything on this side.

As far as I remember 13.2 and 14.0 works fine - regarding GUI
I did see the same issue with fonts on the first revisions of 14.0 where the fix was introduced, 22.12 was the date or 23.12

Regarding both versions installed - I couldn't run both same time, they crash during the launch unless I uninstall one of them
(2014-12-31, 17:11)Ned Scott Wrote: [*] Fix resume not working for videos opened from the home screen (and other possible situations).

I can confirm that issue with resume IS fixed on Windows (Jan 1 build) and 64bit OS X. (Jan 2 build).

However, this issue is still reproducible on Android ARM (Jan 2 build). I'm running it on a Fire TV in a mySQL setup. Kodi on Android never offers to resume.
(2014-12-31, 17:11)Ned Scott Wrote: [*] Fix resume not working for videos opened from the home screen (and other possible situations).
Hm this has not been merged yet (#5958), not even in master.
(2015-01-04, 02:08)menakite Wrote:
Hm this has not been merged yet (#5958), not even in master.

Thanks for catching that. I was going through the PRs that went into Helix and must have misread PR5973 as being for that bug.
Hi,
Is there a way to load this on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit?
(2015-01-04, 22:46)sj1183 Wrote: Hi,
Is there a way to load this on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit?

For the moment Ubuntu users will need to compile builds using the Helix brach of the Kodi code.
New builds posted.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.1 testing (ended)2