How delete saved SMB-Passwords?
Question 
Hello,

happy new year to you first of all ;-))

I just cloned my kody for the pi from my son. I now want to delete the stored username/password combination for my NAS-connection because there are some films not suitable for a 14 year old child.
How can I delete these username/password stored for my NAS-connections?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regadrs

XBMC4me
cU

xbmc4me
Find and edit passwords.xml in your userdata (wiki) folder
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
That was lightning fast.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards

XBMC4me
cU

xbmc4me
Cannot see a file named paswords.xml in .xbmc/userdata
I am using Gotham 13.2 on RaspBMC updated about 2-3 weeks ago.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2015-01-02, 17:55)Bosse_B Wrote: Cannot see a file named paswords.xml in .xbmc/userdata
I am using Gotham 13.2 on RaspBMC updated about 2-3 weeks ago.
Do you have any saved passwordsHuh Check sources.xml as they may also be stored there if it from an older setup
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I assume I have a saved password, how could XBMC otherwise access my Synology NAS Samba share? That is where all the video files are stored.

I looked in the sources.xml file and saw that the shares were mapped to names inside it, no passwords though.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Are you sure that you don't have guest access enabled on your NAS? In that case Kodi can access the share without the need for username and password. Smile
Current Setup:
Asus Chromebox - OpenElec 5.0 - Kodi 14.1 - Flirc
SolidRun CuBox-i4Pro - OpenElec 5.0 - Kodi 14.1 - Flirc

Discontinued setups:
Raspberry Pi - OpenElec 4.0 - XBMC 13 - Flirc
AppleTV 1 - CrystalHD - Crystalbuntu
Hello!I`ve installed latest kodi as clean install on Nvidia Shield TV and when i tried to add source for smb i get password is not correct.And i tried to edit password.xml file but has not working.Maybe i do something wrong.Can someone tell me how to edit the pasword.xml?Thank You!
(2017-02-09, 14:14)marius37bv Wrote: Hello!I`ve installed latest kodi as clean install on Nvidia Shield TV and when i tried to add source for smb i get password is not correct.And i tried to edit password.xml file but has not working.Maybe i do something wrong.Can someone tell me how to edit the pasword.xml?Thank You!

I have a similar problem. I honestly can not believe there is not an option to at least clear saved network passwords in the options interface somewhere...
(2019-11-16, 14:16)BigRedBrent Wrote: And i tried to edit password.xml file but has not working.
Which part is not working? Perhaps you had Kodi still running while editing the xml file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How delete saved SMB-Passwords?0