Win The Newest version of MediaPortal TVServer - TVServerXBMC plugin
@Hardtobreak

Did you try change the mediaportal server IP (by default is 127.0.0.0) inside mediaportal addon in Kodi?
(2015-02-17, 13:54)qzem Wrote: @Hardtobreak

Did you try change the mediaportal server IP (by default is 127.0.0.0) inside mediaportal addon in Kodi?

Yes - the Kodi server is on a nother Network pc and the mediportalserver is on IP: 192.168.1.249 and i have forward the port 9596 on the ruter to that IP...
Q1: have you activated the plugin using the TVserver-gui?

Q2: have you configured the recording- and timeshifting-paths within the same gui using UNC-paths (should show smthg. like \\192.168.1.249\Rec & \\192.168.1.249\TS, but will probably resolve the given IP to the hostname - wait, MePo does this locally and will always use at least WINS; so make sure your client can resolve your servername...)?

Q3: have you configured your Windows-firewall on your TV-server to allow traffic from the TV-server-service to your whole LAN?

Q4: (more typical error) You MUST change the account that starts the TV-service at least to an account that can access your network, 'Local System' won't work!

This must be done, otherwise the Kodi-plugin will not be able to communicate with your TV-server...

Cheers!
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
(2015-02-17, 19:53)Fry7 Wrote: Q1: have you activated the plugin using the TVserver-gui?

Q2: have you configured the recording- and timeshifting-paths within the same gui using UNC-paths (should show smthg. like \\192.168.1.249\Rec & \\192.168.1.249\TS, but will probably resolve the given IP to the hostname - wait, MePo does this locally and will always use at least WINS; so make sure your client can resolve your servername...)?

Q3: have you configured your Windows-firewall on your TV-server to allow traffic from the TV-server-service to your whole LAN?

Q4: (more typical error) You MUST change the account that starts the TV-service at least to an account that can access your network, 'Local System' won't work!

This must be done, otherwise the Kodi-plugin will not be able to communicate with your TV-server...

Cheers!

q1: YES

q2: http://gyazo.com/054d6420c172de6c660b790c966e6474

I think my client kodi can resolve my hostname because Kodi are showing EPG ok.

q3: Yes

q4: As I can see the EPG on Kodi it the account has acces to the Network.

So i do not know what is wrong...

Regrads
Hardtobreak
Have you tried to enable SMB Shares for the timeshift and recording folders so Kodi can read from them directly?
Problem solved

The error was the port 554 used to stream.

Would just tell so if any should be fighting with the same problem.

So thank you every one who had help to figur out what was wrong with my setup.

Regards
Hardtobreak
Hi Hardtobreak

You mention that port 554 was used to stream, this is default i MePo, what did you change to allow RTSP streaming? im first-time testing kodi with MePo backend and can so far only get unc share reading to work, but would like very much to use RTSP streaming.

Regards
Goriem
(2015-02-23, 11:02)goriem Wrote: Hi Hardtobreak

You mention that port 554 was used to stream, this is default i MePo, what did you change to allow RTSP streaming? im first-time testing kodi with MePo backend and can so far only get unc share reading to work, but would like very much to use RTSP streaming.

Regards
Goriem

I made the change because mediaportal said it was in use - but forgot to change it back. :-)
Hm so you changet MePo's streaming port?
this is not hte case for me, but i can see in kodi's log that it says something like: rtsp disabled in this build, so that might be the issue (doh!! - testing on windows) i wonder if rtsp is also disabled on openelec /rasberry Pi)
(2015-02-23, 13:35)goriem Wrote: Hm so you changet MePo's streaming port?
this is not hte case for me, but i can see in kodi's log that it says something like: rtsp disabled in this build, so that might be the issue (doh!! - testing on windows) i wonder if rtsp is also disabled on openelec /rasberry Pi)

You might be right because I can not get TV part too Work on my rasberrry Pi.

Regards
HTB
Is it a known bug or limitation, that the stream remains active, that is the channel is played by tv server, after I have stopped in Kodi client Live TV?
This link isn't working anymore. Is there another location I can get the tvserver plugin?
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...rxbmc.html

EDIT: Never mind. I guess the page was down last night. Working now.
Yeah, planned system maintenance (SSD replacement if I'm correct)
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
(2015-02-26, 21:04)gurabli Wrote: Is it a known bug or limitation, that the stream remains active, that is the channel is played by tv server, after I have stopped in Kodi client Live TV?
It shouldn't. On a proper disconnect, the TVServerXMBC plugin will stop the stream.
If the connection was never closed properly, we need the TV Server backend watchdog timer.
You should then make sure that you have the following option enabled "Live TV/Playback/Show signal quality".
The periodic signal quality check enables also the watchdog timer at the TV Server side.
When the periodic check is gone for a certain time, it will automatically abort the active stream.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Just started today installing my raspberry pi 2 with openelec xmbc kodi with mediaportal as backend pvr. I followed all manuals but my live TV refuses to stream to my rpi 2. The only time it worked was when i selected ffmpeg instead of tsreader in the xmbc addon. This resulted in a greenish kind of blurred image. Everything else is working in the addon. I have EPG data, can see my recordings and I am able to play them.
Not sure if this was the result of a buffer/network problem or the not activated mpeg2 codec. My MediaPortal works on a Windows 7 remote client via the network without any problems (LiveTv-buffer is stored on a RAM-disk so should be fast enough). So I just want tot make sure by asking here, can you use tsreader within the addon with MePo on a Windows 7 machine? Or do I need tot use the ffmpeg way of playback in the xmbc addon on a raspberry rpi 2?

If I use the tsreader on my raspberry I always get a not allowed error as if the live TV and recorder TV are not shared correctly but I know that this not a problem since I was able to get it working via ffmpeg playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Newest version of MediaPortal TVServer - TVServerXBMC plugin0