xTV-SAF.svn 1.4.9.1201 Text misplaced on Kodi
Hello there,

been out of the loop for some time, but when I rebooted my raspberry pi yesterday, I was greeted with an update to kodi. The transition did somehow not work out well, so I started the new year with a new profile too. When I tried to install xTV-SAF from the passion repo again, it said the requirements were not met.

First I though "oh well" and went to see what skins are compatible and AppTV seems to have made a huge step forward and seeing your avatar, wyrm, I wonder if your mod has taken over its predecessor? If that's correct all I have to scream is: "The king is dead! Long live the king!"
But back to topic: some things in AppTV were not to my liking - I'll leave that for another post, as I'm not yet sure, if you want to be bothered with it or could do anything about it - so I modified the addon.xml from the xtv-saf.svn.zip with the following line:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.3.0"/>
the I was able to install the addon from zip but it left me with misplaced texts in the horizontal home menu and all kinds of dialogues. I searched through the Include_HorzHome.xml and found some strings
<left>105</left>
that seemed to be extremely high in comparison to AppTV with
<left>8</left>
so I did a search+replace and now I've got your skin on my raspberry again and everyone's happy. I hope I can help someone else with this.

PS: double-checked the bug on my windows notebook to make sure it's not raspberry specific and to have a quick way to check for the fix Wink

PPS: Custom_LibraryEntry.xml had similar entries, that made the custom media entry points be misplaced to the right. 194 -> 8 and it looks good again
(2015-01-02, 22:01)bench Wrote: Hello there,

been out of the loop for some time, but when I rebooted my raspberry pi yesterday, I was greeted with an update to kodi. The transition did somehow not work out well, so I started the new year with a new profile too. When I tried to install xTV-SAF from the passion repo again, it said the requirements were not met.

First I though "oh well" and went to see what skins are compatible and AppTV seems to have made a huge step forward and seeing your avatar, wyrm, I wonder if your mod has taken over its predecessor? If that's correct all I have to scream is: "The king is dead! Long live the king!"
But back to topic: some things in AppTV were not to my liking - I'll leave that for another post, as I'm not yet sure, if you want to be bothered with it or could do anything about it - so I modified the addon.xml from the xtv-saf.svn.zip with the following line:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.3.0"/>
the I was able to install the addon from zip but it left me with misplaced texts in the horizontal home menu and all kinds of dialogues. I searched through the Include_HorzHome.xml and found some strings
<left>105</left>
that seemed to be extremely high in comparison to AppTV with
<left>8</left>
so I did a search+replace and now I've got your skin on my raspberry again and everyone's happy. I hope I can help someone else with this.

PS: double-checked the bug on my windows notebook to make sure it's not raspberry specific and to have a quick way to check for the fix Wink

PPS: Custom_LibraryEntry.xml had similar entries, that made the custom media entry points be misplaced to the right. 194 -> 8 and it looks good again

Bench, basically go read the pinned post at top of this sub forum regarding Name change. I have made the move to Github from the googlecode svn that I was using previously, and so Passion is not aware of the changes to the skin.

If you are using Helix builds of Kodi you need to be using AppTV skin. If you are using Gotham builds of XBMC you can use upto 1.4.9.1201 build of xTV-SAF. I would not advise trying to port between xTV-SAF and AppTV as there are numerous changes between the two that will in all likelihood give you major grief. If there are problems with AppTV please post details in this sub forum (with logs and/or pictures if you think that will help explain problem) and they will be fixed in the next release.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Hi Wyrm,

been there, done that... Major Grief was waking me up yesterday with my wife and son. Entering anything PVR-related resulted in a blackscreen, even though the back button worked. So I went back to AppTV, gonna post what bothers me in another thread when I've collected some logs and diagnosed some errors myself.

But one thing I'll have to post about AppTV now without said logs (have mercy, please!): the first maybe-errors I've encountered is that I am unabled to _not_ show "TV-Shows" in the Horizontal Main Menu. Enabling or disabling it in the skins settings does not change a thing. Disabling "Show TV" and "Show Radio" on the other hand shows these in the Horizontal Main Menu, enabling them does actually hide them. Do these settings get somehow shown in a debug log? I've let it run by in a ssh-console on my notebook in the background while configuring stuff and I couldn't see a thing about these settings. Maybe my guisettings.xml could help?
(2015-01-05, 09:27)bench Wrote: Hi Wyrm,

been there, done that... Major Grief was waking me up yesterday with my wife and son. Entering anything PVR-related resulted in a blackscreen, even though the back button worked. So I went back to AppTV, gonna post what bothers me in another thread when I've collected some logs and diagnosed some errors myself.

But one thing I'll have to post about AppTV now without said logs (have mercy, please!): the first maybe-errors I've encountered is that I am unabled to _not_ show "TV-Shows" in the Horizontal Main Menu. Enabling or disabling it in the skins settings does not change a thing. Disabling "Show TV" and "Show Radio" on the other hand shows these in the Horizontal Main Menu, enabling them does actually hide them. Do these settings get somehow shown in a debug log? I've let it run by in a ssh-console on my notebook in the background while configuring stuff and I couldn't see a thing about these settings. Maybe my guisettings.xml could help?
Bench,

Still finding my feet after the holiday. We have gone from mid 20's (Celsius) where we were to 43 here at home, so just slugging around and trying to pack gear away.

The "TV Shows" issue sounds like a bug, will take a look at it later this evening when it cools down a bit. Whilst I really tried to nail silly bugs like that, it is inevitable that one or two crept thru. Please make a list and post back here anything you spot and I will try to include them in a bug fix release at the end of the month.

Settings don't show in the debug log, but that info will show in the guisettings.xml file. That file can get pretty big, so probably not a good idea to post that file unless I ask for it (and then only e-mail to me as that file also contains your personal data)

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2015-01-05, 09:27)bench Wrote: But one thing I'll have to post about AppTV now without said logs (have mercy, please!): the first maybe-errors I've encountered is that I am unabled to _not_ show "TV-Shows" in the Horizontal Main Menu. Enabling or disabling it in the skins settings does not change a thing. Disabling "Show TV" and "Show Radio" on the other hand shows these in the Horizontal Main Menu, enabling them does actually hide them. Do these settings get somehow shown in a debug log? I've let it run by in a ssh-console on my notebook in the background while configuring stuff and I couldn't see a thing about these settings. Maybe my guisettings.xml could help?
bench,

have just checked, is indeed a bug. Fixed and pushed to my github repo, will push to main repo as a bug fix release at the end of January.

Wyrm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xTV-SAF.svn 1.4.9.1201 Text misplaced on Kodi0