channel order
Hi,

I changed the order of my channels, they aren't ordered anymore by channel number :

The order is good on Mediaportal : 46, 47, 401, 402, ...408, 56, 65, ...

But on Helix, it's ordered by channel number : 46, 47, 56, 65, ..., 401, 402, ...
I tried to change the order in the TV settings but as soon as I exit the menu, the bad order comes back.

Is it possible to have the same order as MP in Kodi ?

Thank you.

Version : MP 1.9.0 and Kodi Helix.
I found that thread which confirm the problem :
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1485790
And I don't want to change the number of the channels to have the correct sorting in Kodi.
Because I know some channels number, I want to input on my remote the real channel number (401, 402, ...)
I just fixed mine by changing the value of the "channel number" in the right of your posted image. My channels were numbered randomly (to me at least) of 6001, 8001, 12001 etc... I just changed each one to 6001, 6002, 6003 etc... and it fixed the issues. It didn't change the actual channel that is mapped but just the numbering sequence which fixed in Kodi. Also, once I updated MP I reset the PVR and EPG database in Kodi and restarted it. I didn't see the change until I at least restarted it, not sure if the deleting of the database did anything but gave it a whirl anyway.
I may have spoke too soon as I just tested my MP client and the channels on that are messed up. However, they are fixed on my Kodi client which fits my use case. More testing to be done to see if I can fix them both.
The problem is that XBMC/Kodi does not have a separate sortorder field for each group, so I can't do a full mapping of the TVServer sorting order to XBMC/Kodi.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I'm also struggling with channel order at the moment. I recently migrated to OE as client, and MP TVE running on the server.
What do you suggest, how should I have the correct number of channel order in OE, should I do something in OE or in MP TVServer?
Thats is also a question which interests me. What would be the best solution, making a seperate Channel Group only for Kodi on the TVServer and import only that?
Didn't see this thread before, I'm also struggling with this and each conversation I join I either get no answer or people tell me I'm crazy/it simply should just work while it's not. It makes way more sense sorting the channels in the tv server than to use the pretty random channel numbers. For me they're clear for most part (same as setoff box from isp) but there are some irregular ones mixed in and I don't like that sorting at all. I really think this should be fixed as changing each channel number isn't exactly user friendly. I'll keep an eye on this thread Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
channel order0