Win Buffering issue - you're a genius if you can figure this out...
Littletycoon have you tried nightlies post June 25th? For me that has solved the caching issues I used to have.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-01-13, 20:43)kricker Wrote: For reasons I can not explain properly the value you see will be half the value you set in <cachemembuffersize>.
According to the bug report post http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16046#comment:11
arnova Wrote:The reason your cache is 2 times bigger is because for avi/mp4/mkv we use double caching to fix issues for files with large audio/video skew.

(2015-01-14, 11:42)Skram0 Wrote: My cache buffer will show it has plenty of meat left, where as the AQ & VQ seem to deplete causing a buffer read. No matter what settings I use in advancedsettings. So we'll just have to wait for fix one of these months.

(2015-07-12, 16:43)Littletycoon Wrote: Hans a solution been foundation tot vq/aq depletion, drives me man.

A VQ/AQ bug has been fixed, but not implemented yet. See http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16046 for details. Hopefully this one will resolve your issues
Thx for the answers. I'm on last friday's nightly, so must be well beyond june 25th version. I'll wait for implementation of the fix and hope. The stupid thing is that i only experience it since migrating from windows server 2008r2 to win8.1 (same machine). And i'don't have it with all video files, haven't been able to find a pattern yet.
I'm with the OP but with NHL GC. Been since the start of the season with this for me. I have had AFTV,ATV3,G Box-Q, and Pi2. Just built a new HTPC rig and it runs well but still that buffering. Changing cache for me just adjusts the time between loud outbursts of profanity. Restarting Kodi after clearing caches doesn't work to 'get another 20 minutes' but I must restart. Anything less and it buffers after 30 seconds of less. Even a decent stream on 'other' addons does this. I've read all, and tried most regarding this. Default xml settings seem to be the best but....20 minutes.

UNCLE!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering issue - you're a genius if you can figure this out...0