A more modern look for this skin
(2015-01-25, 02:56)Macpatto Wrote: ja_rocc

Unzip the Modern file on your Desktop or desired folder. Navigate to Skin.Confluence on your machine and copy and replace the folders you just've unzipped into it.. But, backup the originals first in case you don't like it or something goes wrong.. Restart Kodi and you should have the Modern look..

Good luck!.

Thanks a lot. How do i get rid of this TVADDON startup splash? it shows up just before the intro movie. I looked in the media folder but its no there. Running ccm Helix on a mac
@ thewarm

My lazy cut and paste from Mudislander's thread on his Hybrid Mod skin, which incorporates you excellent modern Grey theme. Thoughts?

"I'm loving the YellowGreen text for highlighted selections. Especially when using the fantastic Grey theme that thewarm provided. Would it be possible to have that highlight move with the focus when selecting the submenu items? On list items?

On a related note, when pulling up the transport menu while watching a video it would awesome for my old eyes if the currently highlighted button was the same as the highlighted text (YellowGreen) - the highlight being the circle around the button.

Also, and maybe this should be better addressed to thewarm (?), I do prefer slightly more distiction between the HD and SD icon in library lists. I like the stark, nearly monochrome theme but these items would be easier to see at a glance with some colour."

You do beautiful work, thanks for sharing it.

RLW
(2015-01-28, 17:56)WildPhydeaux Wrote: @ thewarm

My lazy cut and paste from Mudislander's thread on his Hybrid Mod skin, which incorporates you excellent modern Grey theme. Thoughts?

"I'm loving the YellowGreen text for highlighted selections. Especially when using the fantastic Grey theme that thewarm provided. Would it be possible to have that highlight move with the focus when selecting the submenu items? On list items?

On a related note, when pulling up the transport menu while watching a video it would awesome for my old eyes if the currently highlighted button was the same as the highlighted text (YellowGreen) - the highlight being the circle around the button.

Also, and maybe this should be better addressed to thewarm (?), I do prefer slightly more distiction between the HD and SD icon in library lists. I like the stark, nearly monochrome theme but these items would be easier to see at a glance with some colour."

RLW

For the HD/SD icons, do you like the default Confluence colors? I could leave my gray ones out for you.
I like the monochrome look... I think it makes the thumbnails and posters 'pop'.

PS - Go Hawks!
(2015-01-29, 18:27)thewarm Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 17:56)WildPhydeaux Wrote: @ thewarm

RLW

For the HD/SD icons, do you like the default Confluence colors? I could leave my gray ones out for you.
I like the monochrome look... I think it makes the thumbnails and posters 'pop'.

PS - Go Hawks!

I agree, the monochrome looks fantastic and with that black grill background there is just enough detail as to be "tech classy" and not totally minimalist. As much as admire a pretty FanArt skin and theme, I find them fatiguing after a while. Like you say, posters and thumbnails pop with this theme.

Sure, if it's no trouble to restore the default coloured SD/HD icons that would be great!

Any thoughts on the focus text colour? Mudislander made it easy to toggle it to an user selectable colour but it seems to only apply to certain focused items. For example, I've got mine set to YellowGreen (talk about POP against the monochrome!), and the focused main menu item is that colour. But when moving down to the submenu the focused item is white, not YellowGreen.

But more importantly for my eyes is the focus "ring" around the onscreen media transport buttons. It's all I can do in a dark room to see the highlighted button since the focus ring is white around a light grey button symbol.

Just wondering if it's possible to make the setting Mudislander is allowing us to toggle apply to a more widespread focus or highlight if you will.

Cheers,
RLW
I spent yesterday hooking up my HDHomerun TV tuner and installing NextPVR. Lots of tinkering. I also found, that for now, it's best to keep the mods limited (it's easy to break the PVR functions).

I will upload a modified texture file for the 'Modern' theme... Modern (with color sd/hd icons)
I bundled this my my Confluence mods (mostly NextPVR related stuff). I guess it's OK, but I'm not sure I'd call monochrome a more modern look. This just seems to be Confluence devoid of all color. It's clearly a personal choice though.
(2015-01-29, 20:16)thewarm Wrote: I spent yesterday hooking up my HDHomerun TV tuner and installing NextPVR. Lots of tinkering. I also found, that for now, it's best to keep the mods limited (it's easy to break the PVR functions).

I will upload a modified texture file for the 'Modern' theme... Modern (with color sd/hd icons)

Thanks very much. Good to have just a shot of colour designating media types in lists.

Cheers,
RLW
(2015-01-14, 13:07)thewarm Wrote: I made this "gray" theme for Confluence. Updated for Kodi.
and a new setup image

I'm curious how you changed the "item focus indicator" colour from blue to white. I've been looking for that in the skin files and can't figure it out.
(2015-01-30, 23:03)doug Wrote: I'm curious how you changed the "item focus indicator" colour from blue to white. I've been looking for that in the skin files and can't figure it out.

It's not in the skin files. The item focus indictor is part of the theme images, so the change has to be in there.
So it's as simple as making my changes to /addons/skin.confluence/media/ and then running TexturePacker.

Cool! Thanks!
(2015-01-31, 18:28)doug Wrote: So it's as simple as making my changes to /addons/skin.confluence/media/ and then running TexturePacker.

Cool! Thanks!
Doug is correct.
I did changed the "focus" image. I changed it to white, and removed the goofy looking thing on the right (list view)

per request, changed the SD/HD icons again (green for SD, red for HD), and went back to the original "floor" image.

(new) modern.xbt file
If you don't mind - I'd like to use your (new) modern.xbt file in the latest version of Hybrid. Also if possible any chance of 3D and 4K flagging icons?

Cheers.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A more modern look for this skin0