Bug KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II
I have been struggling with the same issue. I don't have a particularly large music collection, it's about 13,000 files. I have been trying every which way to play it in kodi and on the android box...scanning it to library, over home network via upnp, via plex server, played in ES file explorer, played in VLC...now trying it via a USB hard drive...kodi shits the bed almost every time I try and do an operation against the whole collection. Tried party mode, shit the bed again, I'm running out of options. Why is kodi so completely shitty at a large collection, or am I missing something? This reminds me of why I hated linux in the 90s.

Grumbling aside, I'm all ears for any tips on how to be able to simply play my entire collection at random without kodi totally dying every time. This seemed to be no problem on winamp or various PC programs...if kodi is supposed to be such an awesome media player, how come it isn't set up to incrementally handle these large operations? Couldn't the queuing and playing be broken into manageable pieces so that it can at least start to play through the collection while it does whatever processing it needs to in the background?

Hoping the plex addon will obviate this crippling limitation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: KODI useless on large music libraries Part II - by ToddSexington - 2017-04-19, 20:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II0