Bug KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II
I see that the mods have been title editing, and yes many library things have improved in 4 years just not the display of very huge lists of things or the addition of thousands of songs to the queue.

If I was to edit the thread title to reduce my irritation (and there is no reason to do that, I believe in free speach and if that is how some users view Kodi then that is just how it is) then sure replace "useless" with "slow". But if we are wanting accuracy and to be informative then it really needs to go further. The thread title should be more "UI is too slow displaying large lists of items or adding them to the playlist".

The design flaw applies to everything - videos, pictures, file view (not library at all) - it just happens users are more likely to view thousands of library songs and hit play than they are to have all media files in one folder, or queue thousands of 2hr long movies. More likely to do it with songs, but not necessary or even the most common use, and when doing that they aren't really making use of the library at all.

Historically there has been confusion and often the database has been blamed for slowness. Well the db was never that bad, and improvements have been made when db issues are found. My most recent work that will go into v18.1 will also bring some speed improvements to the library generally, but I know that  the UI will still choke on huge lists of items.

Messages In This Thread
RE: KODI is too slow on large music libraries Part II - by DaveBlake - 2019-01-31, 15:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II0