• 2(current)
Wetek Play
thanks for the replies Smile
Mac Mini 2,3 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5006 | 2x Monitor Audio Radius 90 | REL T5 Subwoofer | Synology DS213 |
Zotac Zbox ID41 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5003 | 2x Mordaunt Short Genie

You are welcome Smile. Regarding performance under different skins my opinion is that is same as Confluence, nothing different.
Worth trying this with the android TV builds available of the wetek forums. Kodi 14.1 Rc is working very well and the interface really works well on the wetek - live tv via the theater app is working too. Android 5.0 seems faster than their stock 4.2 version too.
Hi, I just cut my cable and don't have any experience with Kodi and TV tuners. I live in Canada and I currently get eight OTA channels. Would the tuners in the Wetek work for these signals? I was thinking of getting a HomerunHD to stream to my Chromebox running Openelec.
(2015-01-09, 18:44)BradD Wrote: Hi, I just cut my cable and don't have any experience with Kodi and TV tuners. I live in Canada and I currently get eight OTA channels. Would the tuners in the Wetek work for these signals? I was thinking of getting a HomerunHD to stream to my Chromebox running Openelec.

Hi Brad,

There is WeTek with ATSC tuner and WeTek with Hybrid C/T/T2 Tuner, so maybe you can choose between one of them.
Humm i have a C/T/T2 and works good on my country, but i think for Brad better is ATSC...
Thanks for the input. I believe your right ATSC is what I need.
Those contemplating Wetek have a good read of this from their forums on the current state of play:

http://www.wetekforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=146

23,976fps and 1080i deinterlacing on an AMLogic based device. Nice ! Smile

Support looks good and they appear to be very responsive, the tight partnership with the Openelec team is going to produce great results by the looks of it.

@Brad
Quote:All WeTek Tuners will be supported Satellite, Cable, Terrestrial (T2 too) and ATSC.

Hi all. I'm UK based and would the wetek work fine with either s2 tuner for freesat or the t2 tuner for free view.. Any idea if they will have the ability to record live TV?
I'm a TvHeadend user
When Wetek talk about running a TvHeadend PVR backend, then I'm pretty sure they included the ability to record live TV.
Its part of the standard Linux TvHeadend server software package.

Read the review linked on the first page in this thread as well !

Jeez...Did you bother at all to read the the link in post #23 or are you just being plain lazy Huh

Quote:WeTek team is proud to announce the final release of OpenELEC 5.0 for WeTek Play.

New in this release:
Full support for WeTek DVB tuners - DVB-S2, DVB-T/T2, DVB-C, ATSC
Support for smooth playback of the movies with 23.976 frame rate
Deinterlacing support for FullHD 1080i content
Enabled support for ftdi_sio and Prolific 2303.

You really really need to read their forum for feedback and up to date info !

(2015-01-13, 09:43)Mark142 Wrote: Hi all. I'm UK based and would the wetek work fine with either s2 tuner for freesat or the t2 tuner for free view.. Any idea if they will have the ability to record live TV?

I'm in the UK and have a wetek and the answer is yes to all your questions
Thanks. The wetek thread was a bit to technical and I was specifically referring to UK. This is an international forum and I understand there is differences between UK, US, Europe etc when it comes to live TV none of which I fully understand. I direct confirmation was all I required rather than guessing. Thanks again for the confirmation.
(2015-01-13, 06:01)wrxtasy Wrote: Those contemplating Wetek have a good read of this from their forums on the current state of play:

http://www.wetekforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=146

23,976fps and 1080i deinterlacing on an AMLogic based device. Nice ! Smile

Support looks good and they appear to be very responsive, the tight partnership with the Openelec team is going to produce great results by the looks of it.

@Brad
Quote:All WeTek Tuners will be supported Satellite, Cable, Terrestrial (T2 too) and ATSC.

Thanks for their link, Wrxtasy - That clinched it for me. (Have now added the WeTek forums to my daily read) I'm a new user to Kodi, so this is me jumping in the deep end, somewhat!
For those of you that like to follow development, this is repo being used for Openelec on Amlogic development https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELEC.tv/commits/master

Codesnake is the ex-Amlogic employee now employed by Wetek.
God this is soooooo much better with openelec 5.0! Great little box now, dual sat tuners and good kodi experience for less than £90!!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wetek Play4