• 5(current)
Wetek Play
(2015-01-23, 13:18)RockerC Wrote: WeTek Play does not have enough internal storage for PVR recording, so does that mean that it supports DVR recording to a an attached USB-drive and/or to a NAS-storage with SMB/NFS shares?
It supports recording to USB or NAS share.
(2015-01-21, 15:09)Proteus12 Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 13:51)tdw197 Wrote: 24p playback and refresh rate change work very well for progressive content

CEC is currently not enabled, but I think its being worked on.

My wetek is almost perfect, there is a current problem with 1080i content meaning that a resolution of 1280*720 is required to make it work well. There is a lot of development being put into it, so i expect it be solved quickly (the improvement in openelec in the 2 weeks i've had my wetek is amazing)

Well, my tv is not a full HD one (Panasonic X60) so I will be setting the output at 720p anyway.
You will lose the 24p output capability that way.
Only 720p60p/50p is supported. For 24p you need a 1080p output.
(2015-01-23, 07:00)Ned Scott Wrote: Got my WeTek yesterday (thanks WeTek!) and came up with this keymap for OpenELEC: http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap...e#Keymap_1

It will actually work with both Android and OE, but the "*" button doesn't seem to do anything under Android.

Thoughts? Suggestions for improving the keymap?

I don't see a PreviousMenu maping under VirtualKeyboard, does it have a button that sends that out-of-the-box?
If not, you won't be able to exit virtual keyboard (without executing the input, that is).

The same goes for FullscreenVideo, in case you won't want to stop the video playback if you want to navigate to a menu
(I saw you've mapped backspace button as stop under FullscreenVideo).
(2015-01-23, 13:24)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 13:18)RockerC Wrote: WeTek Play does not have enough internal storage for PVR recording, so does that mean that it supports DVR recording to a an attached USB-drive and/or to a NAS-storage with SMB/NFS shares?

Does this mean I could record to my server via SMB over wired ethernet connection? Then play it back through XBMC on any device including the wetek. Basically use the Wetek as a PVR device and then can use any of my kodi clients to watch it back. Obviously I understand the wetek would be the only device capable of watching live tv. But recordings could be played on any device?

Thanks
(2015-01-23, 15:23)Mark142 Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 13:24)jjd-uk Wrote:

Does this mean I could record to my server via SMB over wired ethernet connection? Then play it back through XBMC on any device including the wetek. Basically use the Wetek as a PVR device and then can use any of my kodi clients to watch it back. Obviously I understand the wetek would be the only device capable of watching live tv. But recordings could be played on any device?

Thanks

Yes you can use it this way, you can also configure all your other xbmc clients to connect to tvheadend on the wetek to view live TV.
I'm not sure as I missed out on getting one of the WekTek's sent to the Team members, so can only go by what I've seen people discuss. As a minimum you should be able to select recordings folder on any Kodi client as a video source via smb/NFS.
Yes its like any other tvheadend server with Kodi, use it localy or on other clients in your home.
(2015-01-23, 15:09)host505 Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 07:00)Ned Scott Wrote: Got my WeTek yesterday (thanks WeTek!) and came up with this keymap for OpenELEC: http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap...e#Keymap_1

It will actually work with both Android and OE, but the "*" button doesn't seem to do anything under Android.

Thoughts? Suggestions for improving the keymap?

I don't see a PreviousMenu maping under VirtualKeyboard, does it have a button that sends that out-of-the-box?
If not, you won't be able to exit virtual keyboard (without executing the input, that is).

The same goes for FullscreenVideo, in case you won't want to stop the video playback if you want to navigate to a menu
(I saw you've mapped backspace button as stop under FullscreenVideo).

The default has no previous menu for virtual keyboard either. Most low-button remotes simply exclude this completely and instead use the on-screen "done" button to get out of the window.

The same for FullscreenVideo, where most low-button remotes will stop playback when you press "back", rather than exit. IMO, very few people want the video to keep playing when they have a big file interface with posters and summaries in front of the video. The exception would be for Live TV, where a lot of people expect the video to keep going, so I can see making that different. For normal videos, though, a lot of users actually find it confusing when they hit back and the video is still playing in the background, and some aren't even sure how to switch back. Most other 10-foot UI devices/services/programs will stop the video as well.

All that being said, there is the "Recent App" button on the top right, which in OE is mapped to "zoom". That could easily be mapped to toggle fullscreen or the library GUI, without stopping playback, and the icon that is physically printed on the remote kind of matches that.

Of course, a lot of this is based on my personal preference. On these wiki pages we encourage multiple listings for people who have different tastes, like on Alternative keymaps for Fire TV remote (wiki).
For the virtual keyboard, I find it annoying not to be able to exit it without confirming the input (done button), but that's just me I guess.

For video playback you're right, but regardless how other programs are designed to work, kodi actually has that function (to don't stop playback while navigating), hence the setting in the default skin, and many others.

What about audio playback? There it's definitely a must-have functionality. edit I guess backspace button does the trick there instead.

IMO PreviousMenu is a very comfortable function in many use-cases, which most box remotes lack.
Actually, before v13 the default was "smallstepback" for "Back" for several years. Only recently has it been changed to actual "back", and that's because most remotes have a dedicated stop button. For small button remotes, like the Apple white/silver remote, back has always been stop, but the WeTek remote is seen as a "keyboard". Since a lot of people don't like missing what's happening in their movie or TV show with a big menu on top of it, I honestly think Back=stop should be the default.

Music/audio has different mappings and doesn't stop playback when pressing back.

to each their own, I guess.
Is the Wetek suitable for someone who isn't that great with computers and just wants to watch live TV and stream stuff in Kodi? I don't store films or TV shows as i never watch stuff twice.

I have an Acer Revo 3610 with Windows 7 and Kodi installed. Tried to use Windows Media Centre with DVB T2 usb tuner attached to my PC to view live TV and it doesn't work very well, with picture break up and lip synch issues in HD. Beginning to think my PC isn't powerful enough, so may send tuner back to Amazon and buy a Wetek instead, which will leave my PC just for my music listening with Flac files.

Just want a device for live HDTV and with Kodi installed, so i can take Kodi off the PC.

Also, would a Chromebox do this without doing any of the alterations to it. I seem to get on with Android and Chrome but don't want to take a screwdriver to anything to remove bits so i can modify it to use stuff.

I'm in the UK.

Thanks.
It's not going to be any easier than it was with WMC.
(2015-01-26, 17:10)Ned Scott Wrote: It's not going to be any easier than it was with WMC.

Thanks for that Ned.

If i wanted a device to run Kodi and watch live HDTV without using my PC, is there anything you would recommend? My PC is not fast enough i suspect to decode HD signals reliably and is the weak link.
(2015-01-26, 20:38)stefcon1 Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 17:10)Ned Scott Wrote: It's not going to be any easier than it was with WMC.

Thanks for that Ned.

If i wanted a device to run Kodi and watch live HDTV without using my PC, is there anything you would recommend? My PC is not fast enough i suspect to decode HD signals reliably and is the weak link.

The built in wetek theater app is pretty easy to set up for live TV on the stock wetek android. Slightly more complicated if using tvheadend on openelec
(2015-01-26, 20:49)tdw197 Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 20:38)stefcon1 Wrote:

Thanks for that Ned.

The built in wetek theater app is pretty easy to set up for live TV on the stock wetek android. Slightly more complicated if using tvheadend on openelec

Thank you. Useful info. Will do a bit more research of the Wetek.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wetek Play4