• 7(current)
Wetek Play
(2015-01-29, 00:31)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks... think I'm ordering, especially as it appears to do 23.976 as well. What about DTS/DD passthrough? Downmix from DTS-MA or TrueHD? I don't think HD audio is supported right?

(2015-01-29, 14:52)hdmkv Wrote: Someone mentioned a few pages back that Kodi performance on Android was sluggish with his large 1,200+ library. Are most here using OpenELEC? How are you finding it, especially with large local movie/TV collection?

Interested too
hdmkv - using openelec on the Wetek box, and the Aeon Nox skin, I find navigating through a list of 1200+ movies in the showcase view is slow (not good enough for use by wife and kids). When the library is at 300-400 movies it feels okay, but as the library gets bigger the box struggles. Shifting back to the confluence skin navigating is a bit better, but display of posters/fanart is still very laggy if you are attempting to move around the library at any speed.

And scanning of the library is painfully slow.
Thanks, that is a significant issue; hopefully they can improve performance.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
The issue is that Kodi's GUI performance is still really determined by single core peak power. All these ARM boxes have plenty of cores, but not a single one that is even close to a Haswell Celeron. If you have over 1000 movies it is modern Intel or bust for a smooth GUI, especially with a skin like Aeon. There is only so much they can do in software.

Poofyhairguy - that is quite a revelation, although one broadly consistent with my experience of ARM based boxes to date.

I think this is something people should be more generally aware of given the multiplicy of ARM based boxes now available.

Obvious follow up question - is there any chance of the Kodi gui being rewritten so it can make better use of multiple cores?
(2015-01-29, 18:14)malcolmbarr Wrote: Poofyhairguy - that is quite a revelation, although one broadly consistent with my experience of ARM based boxes to date.

I think this is something people should be more generally aware of given the multiplicy of ARM based boxes now available.

I redid my stickied post so that people would hopefully get some good advice there for the first time in years.

Quote:Obvious follow up question - is there any chance of the Kodi gui being rewritten so it can make better use of multiple cores?

I am not a developer so can't say for sure. With that said MANY GUIs rely on single core performance for smoothness. Even Android itself does. It is much harder to make something like a GUI use many cores compared to say video decoding.

The "fix" will be ARM is going to have more powerful SoCs soon. My iPad Air 2 can run Kodi like a dream and decode 1080p on the CPU. When we have that kind of SoC in an ARM box it won't matter.

Hi, I got WeTek play, but when playing files with DTS HD MA or True HD , the picture freeze and running very slow if running. Is this known issue ? Any help, please ?
Hi,
I also got the WeTek play with DVB-T module and with the latest build it works excellent for me.
Watching TV and movies from my external USB HDD
I'm going to buy WETEK but was wondering if I should add OpenELEC on SD card??
(2015-01-29, 15:27)malcolmbarr Wrote: hdmkv - using openelec on the Wetek box, and the Aeon Nox skin, I find navigating through a list of 1200+ movies in the showcase view is slow (not good enough for use by wife and kids). When the library is at 300-400 movies it feels okay, but as the library gets bigger the box struggles. Shifting back to the confluence skin navigating is a bit better, but display of posters/fanart is still very laggy if you are attempting to move around the library at any speed.

And scanning of the library is painfully slow.

I've written about tips for large media library management and speedy Kodi GUI navigation on a Single core ARM RPi B+. in this post:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1910911

Proper folder structure and Metadata scraping tips will also apply to the dual core Wetek with a large media library.
Scanning a library, even on a single core RPi is speedy with this method.

Smile

(2015-02-10, 23:49)TrustNoOne Wrote: I'm going to buy WETEK but was wondering if I should add OpenELEC on SD card??

You can buy SD card from your self and than load OE it's very easy!
(2015-02-13, 19:42)Latinbull Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 23:49)TrustNoOne Wrote: I'm going to buy WETEK but was wondering if I should add OpenELEC on SD card??

You can buy SD card from your self and than load OE it's very easy!
Yeah i know that... But i was wondering if wetek has Kodi on board?? Smile
the Android version has yes.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-13, 21:04)Martijn Wrote: the Android version has yes.

Well...Wetek is already with Android. So why I should buy additional (??) card with OpenELEC?? Smile
(2015-02-16, 16:42)TrustNoOne Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 21:04)Martijn Wrote: the Android version has yes.

Well...Wetek is already with Android. So why I should buy additional (??) card with OpenELEC?? Smile

because it's way way faster Tongue

Or buy a regular sdcard and put the special Wetek openelec (linux) version on it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wetek Play4