• 8(current)
Wetek Play
Ok...that was helpful Smile
For the little extra cost, using a MicroSD with their OpenELEC image makes the device a lot more nippy in use.

Just wish I could use my external hard-drive under OpenELEC. For some reason it just tick-tick's and isn't found. Under Android, it's all rosy... Strange Big Grin
(2015-02-17, 02:09)Nobbler Wrote: For the little extra cost, using a MicroSD with their OpenELEC image makes the device a lot more nippy in use.

Just wish I could use my external hard-drive under OpenELEC. For some reason it just tick-tick's and isn't found. Under Android, it's all rosy... Strange Big Grin

Wonder if the Android version enables higher USB currents but the OE build doesn't? (Looking at the Raspberry Pi B+ and Pi 2 B you can enable higher currents in the config.txt - so on at least some platforms there is software/OS control of USB power. Could be as simple as a GPIO line that needs to be raised)

If running the HD through a powered hub doesn't help, though, then it is unlikely to be that.
Just a quick update about this - Looks like the 4.0.3 update may have sorted out part of the problem. I still can't use the top USB port (for some reason - I still get the tick-ticks) but I can now use the lower of the two ports. There's a couple of seconds of whirring, and then the drive is mounted (Under OpenElec)

The only thing is that I can't seem to turn the Wetek on with the drive plugged in (I get the constant ticks)... Time to get that hub!
heh...So there is no perfect android box with Kodi Smile
codesnake says will fix it after Bluetooth completely sorted
Well - The android part of the Wetek works just fine; it's just slower than the OpenElec OS. I'm using the Android system until I can get a powered hub to try my hard-drive.

I have to add - Even though I'm griping about the lack of using my hard-drive under OpenElec, I'm really happy with the Wetek. I do love that remote that it comes with Smile I wonder if I should go the NAS route... Although there's nothing cheap in that direction.
New OpenELEC 5.0.4 is out with Bluetooth support Wink

http://wetekforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=515
Just to update about my external hard-drive "issue"... An external powered USB hub sorted that problem out - The Wetek now boots up fine, and finds the hard-drive no problem under OpenElec. Happy days! (Next; to get a NAS) Big Grin
Also - OpenELEC 5.0.5 is now out

http://wetekforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=531
In devel build of OpenELEC from last night finally fixed HDMI CEC.
@droidelec you know if any version among with CI module?
This wetek till now great... but for future i would love to have CI...
(2015-03-09, 19:30)Latinbull Wrote: @droidelec you know if any version among with CI module?
This wetek till now great... but for future i would love to have CI...

There is some instructions on the wetek forum on using it with **** and external CI. **** works great on my wetek.
I've tried to create a bootable micro sd card for openelec using the exe tool found at the following link:
http://kodi.wiki/view/WeTek_Play

This does work but it has reduced the capacity of my micro sd card from 8gb to 256mb! To be honest it's an old card and I never looked at the capacity before running this utility (3.2.1 WeTek OpenELEC / Kodi Installer) so I wasn't sure if this caused the drastic decrease in capacity.

I have tried everything I can think of to get the space back. It does not show as unallocated in windows disc management and using diskpart it also shows as 256mb.

I put it down to an issue with the card so I purchased another micro SD card. This time 32gb. Big mistake because it's now reduced the capacity of this down to 256mb again.

Please help if you know how to get this space back and how to get a bootbale version of openelec on it without losing all the capacity!

Thanks
once I can recover the space I guess I could create a 256mb partition for openelec so it leaves the rest untouched for other uses.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wetek Play4