• 11(current)
Wetek Play
(2015-04-23, 09:11)Mark142 Wrote: If I bought this would it be possible to record and time shift to my networked server via smb or does it need to be an external hard drive plugged in the side.

Yes I used to do that, but switched to using a local external hard drive as it seemed network intensive - possibly using nfs would have been better, but I didn't bother since I had a spare external hdd
(2015-04-23, 10:10)tdw197 Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 09:11)Mark142 Wrote: If I bought this would it be possible to record and time shift to my networked server via smb or does it need to be an external hard drive plugged in the side.

Yes I used to do that, but switched to using a local external hard drive as it seemed network intensive - possibly using nfs would have been better, but I didn't bother since I had a spare external hdd

thanks. How easy is it to set up nfs on a windows server. Also would other devices be able to play back recorded shows also.
New version of VDR Configuration tool is available, with this changes:

- Added support for management/control of second DVB-S2 Tuner (adapter1)

Download script.config.vdr.zip

New build of OpenELEC with Kernel 3.10.75

SD Card installation image: Download SD Card .img

Update for SD card: Download SD Card .tar update

Changelog:

- Enabled DVI output
- Enabled support for PCTV 78e, PCTV 79e and Alcor-0 DVB adapters
- http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/...nux-3.10.y
There is new OTA update for WeTek Play with new WeTek OS 1.1.4 which comes with updated Kodi 14.2 and u-boot bootloader with some fixes for users which are running OpenELEC from SD card while keeping Android in NAND Flash.

Improvements List:

- Increase support for Italian and German language

- Launcher support for notifications

- Move Apps to SD enhancements

- Option to take screenshots (“*” + “back” buttons at WeTek Remote Control)

- Support for DTS and Dolby Passthrough (HDMI/SPDIF Passthrough)

- New menu for easy and advanced setup of Satellite Antenna

- DVB-C: NIT Scan and set bandwidth

- DVB-T: Support for Australia

- ATSC fixes

- Several DVB improvements (USALS, DiSEqC 1.x, Fav list, HE-AAC)

- Dreamset Editor Beta 7 compatibility

- Possibility to convert Enigma 2 settings (channel lists) with DreamSet Editor Beta 7 and transfer it to WeTek

- Added Picons support (Please transfer your picons in picons folder located in /mnt/shell/emulated/0 ​)

- Support for drivers ftdi_sio and pl2303 devices

- New u-boot (bootloader)

- Added Kodi v14.2 for Android
From WeTek Facebook page:

We always tend to deliver best quality products to our customers, and for that reason, WETEK become licensee of DTS.

Our customers can expect our future products to be delivered with DTS high quality sound.

OpenELEC official builds for WeTek Play available:

http://openelec.tv/news/22-releases/164-...1-released

http://openelec.tv/get-openelec
I live in canada, I wish to use wetek to view 110,119,127 west is this possible with Wetek Tuner DVB2, TVheadend ?
Sure, connect WeTek Play DVB-S2 version with your dish and use tvheadend or VDR to scan and watch channels.
i have wetex with satellite channels all tuned in the only thing that i can't get my head around is oscam looked at all the videos on youtube has me stumped
I've tried getting an answer out of WeTek directly with this question, but for whatever reason they haven't responded with an answer.

Is anyone able to say whether on OpenElec this box can handle Jellyfish-55-Mbps.mkv (from http://jell.yfish.us) without issue (high cpu/stutter)? This file maxes out h264 1080p Level 4.1 high profile.

I am referring to playback off a USB 2.5 inch drive so there are no network-related bottlenecks.
(2015-06-19, 03:12)chocvanilla Wrote: I've tried getting an answer out of WeTek directly with this question, but for whatever reason they haven't responded with an answer.

Is anyone able to say whether on OpenElec this box can handle Jellyfish-55-Mbps.mkv (from http://jell.yfish.us) without issue (high cpu/stutter)? This file maxes out h264 1080p Level 4.1 high profile.

I am referring to playback off a USB 2.5 inch drive so there are no network-related bottlenecks.

I can confirm that the exact file you speak of plays back perfectly on a WeTek Play using OpenELEC when using local file playback.
Great, thanks Ned. I guess I'm ordering my first Kodi box, then.
(2015-04-23, 14:49)Mark142 Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 10:10)tdw197 Wrote:

thanks. How easy is it to set up nfs on a windows server. Also would other devices be able to play back recorded shows also.

Going back to this point, apologies. Just so we are clear, if i bought a Wetek i could connect my Sky dish feed to it and watch the live FTA channels like you can on any sky box without a sky sub. If I plugged an external hdd in the side, I could then watch my recordings also. This will then become a perfect pvr recorder with kodi built in?

My second idea. and sorry if this is crazy, could the wetek be used as a PVR back end only? Running the tvheadend headless? with a 500 GB plugged in the side for recordings, then use kodi clients to access the recordings or live streams like any other tuner set up? via home network?

Thanks
(2015-07-06, 13:14)Mark142 Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 14:49)Mark142 Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 10:10)tdw197 Wrote: Yes I used to do that, but switched to using a local external hard drive as it seemed network intensive - possibly using nfs would have been better, but I didn't bother since I had a spare external hdd

Going back to this point, apologies. Just so we are clear, if i bought a Wetek i could connect my Sky dish feed to it and watch the live FTA channels like you can on any sky box without a sky sub. If I plugged an external hdd in the side, I could then watch my recordings also. This will then become a perfect pvr recorder with kodi built in?

My second idea. and sorry if this is crazy, could the wetek be used as a PVR back end only? Running the tvheadend headless? with a 500 GB plugged in the side for recordings, then use kodi clients to access the recordings or live streams like any other tuner set up? via home network?

Thanks

Yes to all questions. That's what I do

The wetek is my main kodi box for the living room and we watch all our live and recorded freesat tv from it.

It also acts as a pvr backend for our other 3 kodi front ends.

Only caveat is that kodi is not quite as polished a front end for watching broadcast tv as a tivo or sky box. That said my wife happily uses it to view tv
thanks tredman, I will probably use a different front end just wanted to know if the pvr back end can be controlled via the other kodi front ends. So can you schedule recordings etc from the other front end clients as well? Can you also watch live TV or just control it to watch back recorded tv?

Sorry for all the questions, I bought a Tuner card for my HP Microserver then realised not many PVR back ends run on windows home server 2011....so rather than change the OS I'm looking into this option.

Also I am assuming it does freeview HD?

Lastly , would you recommend Openelec over android considering it will be used for PVR backend services only, is one easier to set up over the other?

Thanks
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wetek Play4