• 12(current)
Wetek Play
(2015-07-06, 13:54)Mark142 Wrote: thanks tredman, I will probably use a different front end just wanted to know if the pvr back end can be controlled via the other kodi front ends. So can you schedule recordings etc from the other front end clients as well? Can you also watch live TV or just control it to watch back recorded tv?

Sorry for all the questions, I bought a Tuner card for my HP Microserver then realised not many PVR back ends run on windows home server 2011....so rather than change the OS I'm looking into this option.

Also I am assuming it does freeview HD?

Lastly , would you recommend Openelec over android considering it will be used for PVR backend services only, is one easier to set up over the other?

Thanks

Yes, you can do everything via kodi front end, apart from set series links, there are smart phone app which can do this, or use the tvheadend Web GUI.

If you want to use other kodi clients you either need to use Openelec (easiest option), or use a special CM11 android build with tvheadend built in.
Hello, I have a question about the Wetek Play remote.
I would like to assign a different function to some of the wetek remote keys when i use kodi (for example using the epg button to change audio track or subtitle). Is it possible to do that, for example, modifying the keyboard.xml file?
Thanks.
You can do that all easily with an Kodi Add-On called Keymap Editor:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

already tried that, but everytime I try to change a function this program doesn't recognize it. Perhaps I should activate mouse in the kodi settings?
(2015-07-15, 13:29)kingnappa Wrote: already tried that, but everytime I try to change a function this program doesn't recognize it. Perhaps I should activate mouse in the kodi settings?

You shouldn;t need to, the wetek remote acts as a keybaord (apart from the airmouse part, you should leave that off)
I used the keymap editor to set left/right to change channel group but this does not work

tested on KODI 15-beta to 15.1-RC1

<keymap>
<fullscreenlivetv>
<keyboard>
<key id="61571">nextchannelgroup</key>
<key id="61570">previouschannelgroup</key>
</keyboard>
</fullscreenlivetv>
</keymap>

Any ideas what else I can try?
I have a few questions for those of you who have this setup in the UK. I'm not sure if I should get freeviewHD or freesat. Ideally I would like to be able to pause live tv, record 2 shows as once. At the moment I have an freeview aerial, and a single lnb sat dish, so would prefer whatever would be the cheapest to setup.
(2015-08-20, 08:54)totalitarian Wrote: I have a few questions for those of you who have this setup in the UK. I'm not sure if I should get freeviewHD or freesat. Ideally I would like to be able to pause live tv, record 2 shows as once. At the moment I have an freeview aerial, and a single lnb sat dish, so would prefer whatever would be the cheapest to setup.

Freesat will give you more channels, but will require a new LNB (and cable run) if you want to watch and record multiple channels simultaneously, as you need an LNB feed per tuner. (You can avoid the cable run using a more expensive LNB and some extra kit - but it's not usually worth it)

Freeview will give you fewer channels, but won't require a new LNB and cable run.

Some channels are available on Freeview HD that aren't available on Freesat HD (4Seven HD and Channel 4+1 HD are examples that are Freeview HD only), a couple of HD channels are Freesat HD only (NHK World HD). There are quite a lot of SD channels that are only on Freesat. However channels like Dave are on Freeview, but not Freesat (Dave is a pay-TV channel on Sky)

If you buy a Wetek Play, the DVB-S2 model has two tuners, but the DVB-T2 model only has one I believe, so they aren't quite the same thing.

If you go for a Linux solution, DVB-T/T2 tuners can be cheaper than DVB-S/S2 models. (The August T210s were available for about £25 at one point)
Just as a warning I have the Wetek Play and currently it is running an older Linux kernel (for Openelec) than the standard distro - I forget which exactly.

What that means is support for USB tuners is very limited. I have a Geniatech T230 (DVB-T2 Freeview HD) and PCTV 292e (also DVB-T2 Freeview HD), neither of which work with the current build available for the Wetek Play.

It may be worth checking either on the Openelec forum or Wetek site for details. I can't comment on the Android builds however as I only have Openelec installed internally on my device.
Yes - I'd only recommend USB DVB-T2 tuners on a more widely supported platform like the Raspberry Pi 2 or an x86 box like the HP 260 G1 (amazing value in the UK at the moment).
(2015-08-20, 11:12)noggin Wrote: Yes - I'd only recommend USB DVB-T2 tuners on a more widely supported platform like the Raspberry Pi 2 or an x86 box like the HP 260 G1 (amazing value in the UK at the moment).

Thanks, I've decided to go for the G1, that way I can run multiple usb tuners. The rpi is always a little underpowered for what I need.
Im thinking of gettinf a chromebox as i thibk the wetek might not be enough for titan media browser skin and a large library. Can anyone confirm if a chromebox will be a huge improvement in this scenario?

Im thinking of getting a wetek anyway just for the dvb s2 tuners as dual usb ones ten to cost £60 anyway. Would there be any noticable difference using a wetek as a backend vs a usb tuner? Would channel switches be slower or anything like that?
Chromebox will be a huge improvement in UI speed. WeTek's tuners I think use USB anyways, just via a custom header. Using USB tuners on a Chromebox won't hurt anything.
Information 
(2015-08-31, 22:23)Ned Scott Wrote: WeTek's tuners I think use USB anyways, just via a custom header.
Probably not, Amlogic SoC supposed to have ASI / MPEG-TS interface or some EE black magic (fraking NDA), the teardown on CNX-Soft clearly shows that the demodulator (for DVB-S2 it's AVL6211, not a USB device) is connected directly to the SoC, no USB bridge used.
(2015-09-01, 03:02)dhead Wrote:
(2015-08-31, 22:23)Ned Scott Wrote: WeTek's tuners I think use USB anyways, just via a custom header.
Probably not, Amlogic SoC supposed to have ASI / MPEG-TS interface or some EE black magic (fraking NDA), the teardown on CNX-Soft clearly shows that the demodulator (for DVB-S2 it's AVL6211, not a USB device) is connected directly to the SoC, no USB bridge used.

Yep - the AMLogic SoCs have a parallel TS input, and I think that is how the DVB-S2 AVL6211 has been interfaced. Certainly that was the case on an older AMLogic DVB box I had a year or two ago, that I got OpenElec running on via netbooting.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wetek Play4