WIP UBUNTU - Kodi complete IPVR auto installer
Kodi, Sonarr, CouchPotato, and SABnzbd installer for Ubuntu 14.04 server.

I have been developing a script to install Kodi as a sole GUI on Ubuntu Server 14.04 (Thanks to Bram77 for his xbmc minimal installer) that will also install SABnzbd, Sonarr, and Couchpotato as background processes. I am actively working on this and will do my best to keep this post up to date.

Features!
  • 100% Kodi, No desktop, No GUI.
  • Fast Booting. Faster than kodibuntu, about the same as openelec
  • Auto Configure SAB, Sonarr, and CP
  • Easy URL's for SAB, Sonarr, CP, and Kodi Web Interfaces. (No ugly port numbers)
  • Only one port to forward for access and SSL encryption.
  • Everything is managed with Ubuntu upstart. The system will automatically recover from most minor crashes on its own

Change Log (Check github for more details.)
* Initial Post. Currently error checking and cleaning.

Planned additions:
  • Sickbeard / Sickrage
  • support for Fully Qualified Domain Name
  • Local Tunnel or simular reverse ssh tunnel
  • upnp port forwarding
  • any other suggestions!?!
  • I am looking for any help or suggestions for configuring kodi from a bash script. Like adding a tv source or movies source.

The github repository is at https://github.com/jknight2014/Kodi-IPVR-setup-script.

This is pre release. Go to the testing branch if you'd like to give it a try.

I plan to have a beta release in the next few days.

Credits:
  • Bram77's Ubuntu minimal installer has been updated and slightly rearranged for this.
  • Fritsch's Plymouth Package for the kodi boot screen.
  • HTPCBeginner's Atomic auto installer for couchpotato was my starting point for all the apps although I think the code is 100% different at this point it was still a huge help.
  • jpaytoncfd since he is me, jknight2014 is my new username
Look forward to testing this!
any info as to why couchpotato will not log in or how to uninstall? I ran the script on kodibuntu nzbdrone and sabnzbd work fine.
Went into settings.conf and edited user and password reboot and all is working well.
I am sorry, I stopped getting notifications on this thread. I discovered that issue and have fixed it. I am reworking this from the ground up to make it better.
I released a beta under the name KnightCinema. http://gitgub.com/jknight2014

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UBUNTU - Kodi complete IPVR auto installer0