• 7(current)
(Helix) 1080XF 3.50.x New Additions
(2015-01-25, 13:21)tdexwjgb Wrote: Nice work! I am looking forward to Fan Art View and the home screen changes Smile

What about relocating the Live TV section? I does not seem logical that it is LEFT of the Main screen while Movies, shows, etc.. are RIGHT. Or maybe make it user-definable?

The Live TV area is staying where it is, personally I find it very useful there (as I'm sure many others do) because I can start up Kodi, press left once and then Enter and start watching -- without the need to scroll to the end and back one.

You can test the beta version out, if you like. It's on git (link written numerous times within this thread)
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Hello Piers,

I just wanted to know if it is possible to have an indication in the OSD when a video is caching. At the moment when a video is buffering there is only the pause menu. It will be nice to have something showing the advance of the cache. Thank You.
(2015-01-25, 14:29)Dievil Wrote: Hello Piers,

I just wanted to know if it is possible to have an indication in the OSD when a video is caching. At the moment when a video is buffering there is only the pause menu. It will be nice to have something showing the advance of the cache. Thank You.

Does that occur in both texture sets? If you're using the git version then I've stated there is no support. If using the stable version then please ask in the correct thread.

Big update, well actually small but big news. It's been pissing me off no-end - smart playlists now work as a home widget (more or less).

Here's a simple Smart Playlist I created, Episode/rating lower than 5

And here's the playlist loaded using widget control as standard (where you select between ongoing etc

This will be rolled into the update along with a change to the music Home section, which I'm still sitting and starring at the screen waiting for an idea to come to my head.

(2015-01-23, 22:43)Piers Wrote: Meh, I've fixed it now for you. On git. v3.44.14

Wow, that was a quick fix. Thanks for the update on git.

(2015-01-25, 13:21)tdexwjgb Wrote: Nice work! I am looking forward to Fan Art View and the home screen changes Smile

What about relocating the Live TV section? I does not seem logical that it is LEFT of the Main screen while Movies, shows, etc.. are RIGHT. Or maybe make it user-definable?

I actually prefer it to the left as it currently is, separates it out from the rest of the media content and is quicker to access.

Piers, I've tried changing the background tint overlay from it's default in: skin.1080xf/extras/fade as I usually do but it doesn't seem to change the background overlay for some reason after skin reload and reloading Kodi. Has the location of the overlay changed? Thanks

Edit: Excellent news about the playlist Big Grin When can we see an update on Git? Want to make use of this feature Smile
(2015-01-25, 15:20)Hustler1337 Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 22:43)Piers Wrote: Meh, I've fixed it now for you. On git. v3.44.14

Wow, that was a quick fix. Thanks for the update on git.

I actually prefer it to the left as it currently is, separates it out from the rest of the media content and is quicker to access.

Piers, I've tried changing the background tint overlay from it's default in: skin.1080xf/extras/fade as I usually do but it doesn't seem to change the background overlay for some reason after skin reload and reloading Kodi. Has the location of the overlay changed? Thanks

Edit: Excellent news about the playlist Big Grin When can we see an update on Git? Want to make use of this feature Smile

(Sorry I just edited your post instead of quoting! That's why it says 'Edited by Piers'.

My reply:

Well that's two votes to leave Live TV 'as is' - I'm possibly leaning on the third vote. I'll see.

The /extra directory contains the overlay used, so if you change there it will be changed in the skin. I've just tested what you've done and it's worked as it should do - I haven't changed any parts of that code since the last, stable version.

As for the Playlist widgets, I'm currently updating addon information (another new icon Tongue) and working out what to do with the Home Music album cover... I should point out that this fix is nearly complete, from testing I can't see any issues but make sure the correct widget type is select - if you're on the TV then use Episode, Movie then use Movie etc.

Once I've figured out what to do with Music then I'll commit to git, once that's done then I'll send to the repo (hoping today). So, don't use the git version!

What about something similar to im85288s version for you livetv

Awesome news about the playlist bug Smile

I too had the same issue with changing overlay.png and not seeing my changes reflected in the skin. I'll try the new repo version when it's up.
News
v3.44.20 has just been submitted to the repository - it contains a long list of changes, including a new home screen layout and all features discussed in this thread (minus the PVR Home changes).

I didn't quite make it up to v3.50.x - and there's little point in jumping from 3.44 - 3.50. I would rename the thread but there is a limit on how many images I'm able to post, since I posted more I have to remove some in order to edit the first post and the title - once this forum limit has been removed I'll update the title.

DO NOT CONTINUE TO USE THE github VERSION

(2015-01-25, 16:05)komplex Wrote: What about something similar to im85288s version for you livetv

More than possible, but stretching a 256x256 image to that sort of size just looks horrible. That's why I chose to show four channels on there with a scrolling between them. However, no one really appeared to like it so it's not in the repo.

(2015-01-25, 17:05)Piers Wrote: More than possible, but stretching a 256x256 image to that sort of size just looks horrible. That's why I chose to show four channels on there with a scrolling between them. However, no one really appeared to like it so it's not in the repo.

The stretching does annoy me a lil i just need to find better VU+ picons the ones i use atm are only 220x132
That's the issue - nearly everyone will have 256x256 or lower icons, very few will have ~750px x 572px as a standard.

How long does it usually take for new version to land in the repo?
That's entirely up to roni and the time I submit it.

Hi , i just wanna thanks for the skin, and thanks for last update, but after the update this line ( window ... ETC ) keep showing even when i opening videos, how i can remove it please?
thanks again.

(2015-01-26, 04:18)mam125 Wrote:
Hi , i just wanna thanks for the skin, and thanks for last update, but after the update this line ( window ... ETC ) keep showing even when i opening videos, how i can remove it please?
thanks again.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1903832 that'll fix it
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Helix) 1080XF 3.50.x New Additions2