Advancedsettings.xml
(2015-01-14, 22:37)Skyefoxx Wrote: Wow, thank you all for your helpful comment. And yes, I'm a novice (so no offence taken ;-). I have experience with SQL, HTML and XML though, so this is a next step for me...

I will try the easy way and when it works I'll try the 'hard' way also. My goal is not only to get kodi working (by the transferring the xml file) but also to understand the command line codes. I think I'll try this in the weekend, but I will keep this post updated for other users who might benefit from it. Again thank you all, you're helpful and patient.
best regards,
Anton

Have a look here. I've compiled several links and cheatsheets that may be helpful for you as a novice linux user.

http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=5295
Had some issues with playing video (video_TS) through SMB. Therefor I created the advancedsettings file where is enlarged the buffer size. This helped a lot and played the video smother (stil there is some stuttering, but far less then before).
My next step is to play the video over NFS. I hope, my combination of settings in Kodi and sharing files over a network, then is right

cheers!
Still having issues with the playback of VIDEO_TS folders. Cannot find the right settings for smooth playback. Tried to enhance the buffering through the advancedsettings.xml but it dind't do the trick. However a collegue of mine denoted that the vob files might need an MPEG2 codec. So I purchased one and I'm gone try it. First I have to adjust the config file....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advancedsettings.xml0