HELP! XBMC NOT BOOTING! HELP!
Exclamation 
Ok so this is how it happend, Im running xbmc on openelec version something below Kodi (1 month outdated maby) and I goto download the update on my computer then drag it into the update folder on samba, next I boot up the rasberry pi and it trys to update. I didnt get to see what the error was if any but I came back and the rasberry pi was stuck on showing the color spectrum. Now everytime I reboot it, it always stays at the color part!

This would mean allot if you help me as I have allot of movies/tv shows on it!!! I did back it up befor hand but that backup is on openelec as I havnt moved it over to windows!

Thank you so much! This is urgn't for me and Im afraid I screwed it up and I need to do a fresh install No
Version of RPi and your power supply setup please, include what thickness of USB cord you are using as I fear its too thin and inadequate ?

These warning were introduced recently on the RPI:
Quote:The B+ has an under voltage detect trigger which results in the power led going off when voltage drops below about 4.65V.
The signal is also available on a gpio line (GPIO35).

Latest firmware update will display a warning symbol in top right of display when this is detected.
It will also disable turbo mode while the warning is displayed to try to reduce the chances of crashing.

I've also added a warning symbol to the existing over-temperature condition (> 85'C), which also disabled turbo mode.

Currently the symbols are:
Red square: over-temperature
Rainbow square: under-voltage

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...29&t=82373

This will likely give you some guidance as well:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...28&t=58151

(2015-01-06, 08:43)wrxtasy Wrote: Version of RPi and your power supply setup please, include what thickness of USB cord you are using as I fear its too thin and inadequate ?

Can you access the RPi from SAMBA still ?

This will likely give you some guidance as well:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...28&t=58151

The newest version (the fast one) and 2000mA 50/60ghz it came in a kit with the raspberry pi, also its a little thinner then a straw

Also can't access samba or sash doesn't even boot into openelec

On another forum they say it could be corruption as I'm using a micro sd card 64g
Damn, certainly sounds like corruption.

Have you tried putting the SD card in a PC or Mac and dragging the Openelec 5 update .tar into the update folder. ?

You may be able to recover you data if your can mount the ext4 partition of the SD card on a computer and copy the contents of /storage/.xbmc

Are you overclocking? Disable overclocking and see if the Pi will get past the rainbow screen. It could be that you need to bump the voltage for the ARM or SDRAM.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-01-06, 13:19)wrxtasy Wrote: Damn, certainly sounds like corruption.

Have you tried putting the SD card in a PC or Mac and dragging the Openelec 5 update .tar into the update folder. ?

You may be able to recover you data if your can mount the ext4 partition of the SD card on a computer and copy the contents of /storage/.xbmc

Windows doesnt read the partition correctly and I can only edit some files

(2015-01-06, 13:55)Milhouse Wrote: Are you overclocking? Disable overclocking and see if the Pi will get past the rainbow screen. It could be that you need to bump the voltage for the ARM or SDRAM.

I disabled it awhile ago

remember this is only when trying to update did this happen
(2015-01-06, 21:44)DoJo_Mast3r Wrote: Windows doesnt read the partition correctly and I can only edit some files
Yes thats a given, you will have to find Win. software to read ext4 or I would suggest running Linux Live from a USB stick or a CD to recover the data.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP! XBMC NOT BOOTING! HELP!0