• 2(current)
Release [Mod] Panel-Style Home Screen Widgets - Nox 5
(2015-01-24, 11:20)huzz456 Wrote: Hi warner, just having a go at this. I've copied the 3 xml files (2 from above and 1 from pm) to the skin/1080i folder and edited the lines at 392 in variables xml. When I go to the menu customiser in nox I now have the new widget options but none will appear on the home screen when selected. What am I doing wrong?

Same thing here
(2015-01-24, 11:20)huzz456 Wrote: Hi warner, just having a go at this. I've copied the 3 xml files (2 from above and 1 from pm) to the skin/1080i folder and edited the lines at 392 in variables xml. When I go to the menu customiser in nox I now have the new widget options but none will appear on the home screen when selected. What am I doing wrong?

You don't have the ExtendedInfo Script installed. I was having trouble with the repo version yesterday. I'm not sure if there is something wrong with it.

The repo version of ExtendedInfo is found in the Kodi Add-on repository via the Add-on manager:
  1. Settings
  2. Add-ons
  3. Get add-ons
  4. Kodi Add-on repository
  5. Helper Add-ons
  6. ExtendedInfo Script
If that doesn't work, replace the contents with the files from this zip (the Git source): https://github.com/phil65/script.extendedinfo.

I get a bit frustrated with this script, too, sometimes, but it is a work-in-progress. For example, the only way I know how to update the content of the panels is to delete the add_on_data folder for the addon. I am sure this is bug, though.

If you are missing the ability to set the infodialog to on from the ExtendedInfo settings (see Post #2), you have a broken version of the addon. That was the tipoff for me that something was wrong. Using the Git version seemed to fix it. I also uninstalled Aeon Nox XBMCMania, as I think it downloaded a script that reverts back to an older version of ExtenedInfo to remain compatible with the skin. But that is unsubstantiated. It could be that the repo version is broken. Like I said, the Git version works fine.

Development updates for the ExtendedInfo Script can be found here: 160558 (thread).

I wonder if Skin Info Service might also be needed? Tell me if you get it to work.
Still no joy I'm afraid. I uninstalled extendedinfo and deleted the folder in addon_data then installed again from git. I then also installed skininfo service from git but still I don't get any widgets appear
(2015-01-25, 13:05)huzz456 Wrote: Still no joy I'm afraid. I uninstalled extendedinfo and deleted the folder in addon_data then installed again from git. I then also installed skininfo service from git but still I don't get any widgets appear

I must say, I'm stumped. Have you checked if the options dialog for ExtendedInfo looks like Post #2? A properly functioning ExtendedInfo should look like below (Version 2.0.2):

I tested several dependencies and the only one that caused a script error is "script.module.simplejson." I'm not sure if this is required or not.

XBMCMania screwed up my test computer. Even once uninstalled, the script keeps wanting to update to a previous version of the script. I get the same error on the home screen when this happens. The script logo becomes orange as a hint the old version is working.
Great stuff, I've always missed this type of widget layout Smile

(2015-01-06, 06:15)Warner306 Wrote: Two of the widget types will not display with the correct layout. Poster view is the default layout for any item that is not an add-on. Both "Recent Episodes" and "Music Playlists" display as posters as opposed to episode thumbs and album covers. This problem relates to having the incorrect visibility conditions for the three panel types: Poster, Episode and Album/Add-on. If someone can fix this, it would be much-appreciated.

This is the only downside for now Wink I would love to have the series poster here, not the episode thumb (cropped as a poster for now). Is it possible to have the series poster shown instead of the episode thumb?
(2015-01-26, 22:31)mikkelnl Wrote: Great stuff, I've always missed this type of widget layout Smile

(2015-01-06, 06:15)Warner306 Wrote: Two of the widget types will not display with the correct layout. Poster view is the default layout for any item that is not an add-on. Both "Recent Episodes" and "Music Playlists" display as posters as opposed to episode thumbs and album covers. This problem relates to having the incorrect visibility conditions for the three panel types: Poster, Episode and Album/Add-on. If someone can fix this, it would be much-appreciated.

This is the only downside for now Wink I would love to have the series poster here, not the episode thumb (cropped as a poster for now). Is it possible to have the series poster shown instead of the episode thumb?

I asked BigNoid about the missing visibility conditions. I'll see if I get a response. I don't have any ability to control "Recent Episodes" without knowing its visibility condition. So I can't tell that widget type to show the series poster over the episode thumb. I can just choose a default style for anything that is not an add-on or provide specific commands for any widget listed in the variable "WidgetListContent." For example, using StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Widget),6) (recent episodes) doesn't work for some reason. Only widget numbers listed in variables can be controlled.
As a side to that, if the remaining visibility conditions could be fixed, it would be easy to create a skin setting to choose between classic and panel style widgets. I don't know if I'd want to do it. But it could be done very easily. I'd just have replace the code I took out. Then, the three widget types: poster, episode, album, need a + Skin.HasSetting(PanelWidgets) added to them and one radio button added to skin settings that says "Use panel style widgets on the home screen".

I think this would only be worthwhile, though, if I could do it on a per widget basis.
Did anyone else get this working?
Good news! I got it working Smile all it was was that the panel widgets won't show unless you use a low home menu. I was messing around trying out different things for other reasons and to my surprise the widgets suddenly appeared. Not only that but the couchpotato button seems to work too!

Is it possible to have them work with the home menu bar in the middle of the screen and then be able to have one widget below and a different one above? Or possibly even to have 2 different widgets below side by side and one above? Thinking it would be great to have 'trending movies' along side 'top rentals' below the bar and have' recently added movies' above the bar
(2015-01-29, 00:21)huzz456 Wrote: Good news! I got it working Smile all it was was that the panel widgets won't show unless you use a low home menu. I was messing around trying out different things for other reasons and to my surprise the widgets suddenly appeared. Not only that but the couchpotato button seems to work too!

Is it possible to have them work with the home menu bar in the middle of the screen and then be able to have one widget below and a different one above? Or possibly even to have 2 different widgets below side by side and one above? Thinking it would be great to have 'trending movies' along side 'top rentals' below the bar and have' recently added movies' above the bar

I'd have to look at the menu bar problem. I updated my WIP file. Now, only one of the widget types is displaying incorrectly. I should have that fixed shortly.

What version of CouchPotato are you using? All I get is a script error. I could improve the design of that panel for you. Without localizing the CouchPotato button (which makes the command capable of being translated), the screen defaults to the second page, so you have to scroll back to the first to see things such as the budget, director, writer, etc. This means I'd have to add a call to the English language file and then make a small edit to the panel I gave you.

I can't have more than one panel, unfortunately. This is a limitation of the widget customizer.
Thanks for working on this Warner

I'm using couchpotato manager 0.0.8 and using couchpotato 2.6.1.

Do you think BigNoid would consider adding the button to all movie info screens? To only appear if couchpotato manager was installed

I wonder if something similar can be done with sickbeard too
Cool. Any luck on getting the posters to show instead of the episode thumbs? Smile
(2015-01-29, 00:51)mikkelnl Wrote: Cool. Any luck on getting the posters to show instead of the episode thumbs? Smile

I have episode thumbs show-up for episodes and posters for TV Shows. Have you experienced anything different?

I fixed the issue regarding the menu position. It can be set to "Default" or "Low" and the panels will still appear.
I also would like posters instead of thumbs for episodes as it's not always obvious what program it is. Is that something I can change or be added as an option?
(2015-01-29, 09:38)huzz456 Wrote: I also would like posters instead of thumbs for episodes as it's not always obvious what program it is. Is that something I can change or be added as an option?

Adding options creates a lot of unnecessary code that is spread across several files. I could look at making a version for the two of you and leave the public link as is. It wouldn't take that long. I want to keep the episode thumbs because they are wider and the large episode labels don't have to scroll. That would have to wait until I'm finished. As, after that, I can't see these files requiring much editing in the future.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Panel-Style Home Screen Widgets - Nox 53