• 4(current)
Release [Mod] Panel-Style Home Screen Widgets - Nox 5
(2015-01-31, 02:50)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-01-31, 00:37)Kentbrockman Wrote: Warner,

Thank you so much for this mod. I really missed the old widgets.

I have one small issue that I am hoping you can help me with.
For some reason all of the title in both the poster and episode views are left justified and not centered in all of the posted screenshots.

I am on Gotham 13.2 in OpenElec, not sure if that makes a difference.

Keep up the good work.

This is designed for Helix. That's probably why you have a conflict. The skin has been edited in many ways since then.

I'll adjust the thread title with that in mind. I have no idea what BigNoid would have changed to cause that alignment issue.
You should add support for being able to click the info button while on the movie :]
(2015-01-30, 18:16)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 10:05)mata7 Wrote: hey man thanks for this, is there a way to disable the show and movies name on the widgets?

thanks

No, I can't disable all of the names. Are you talking about TV Show names, or just names in general. Removing all names and resizing the posters and labels would be a lot of work. But I could remove the TV Shows for episodes, as I thought that might be a matter of personal taste.

yeah that would be great, thanks in advanced
(2015-01-31, 09:59)mata7 Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 18:16)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 10:05)mata7 Wrote: hey man thanks for this, is there a way to disable the show and movies name on the widgets?

thanks

No, I can't disable all of the names. Are you talking about TV Show names, or just names in general. Removing all names and resizing the posters and labels would be a lot of work. But I could remove the TV Shows for episodes, as I thought that might be a matter of personal taste.

yeah that would be great, thanks in advanced
Yeah I dont like the name or the rating on the poster either. Theirs a name on the poster for a reason lol
The design I posted yesterday is the last edit I plan to make. You can edit it yourself if desired.

The poster overlay with the ratings is meant to mirror the design I posted here to match the rest of the skin.

I can't give you an option when selecting a poster from the home screen because this is controlled by an external plugin. I would have to design a whole new context menu and post it with the other files.
Warner:

When you select top10 movie rentals as a widget, do you get that movie fanart in the background?

Thanks
No, fanart will not appear becuase the Rotten Tomatoes API does not support fanart.
(2015-02-15, 19:56)Warner306 Wrote: No, fanart will not appear becuase the Rotten Tomatoes API does not support fanart.

Thanks for the response. Now that you mention rotten tomatoes, can the extendedinfo script download ratings?
Yes, Rotten Tomatoes audience ratings are shown with Rotten Tomatoes panels. Trakt ratings are shown with Trakt panels. And Movie Database ratings are shown with the actor and video panels.
So i have set trending movies as my movie widget. Would it possible to play a movie thats not in my library with a 3rd party plugin. For example i have big hero 6 and extended info shows play because its in my library but horrible bosses doesnt show play cos its not.
Zotac Zbox id41 Intel Atom d525 nm10 1.8ghz openelec
(2015-02-20, 17:40)eoghan Wrote: So i have set trending movies as my movie widget. Would it possible to play a movie thats not in my library with a 3rd party plugin. For example i have big hero 6 and extended info shows play because its in my library but horrible bosses doesnt show play cos its not.

You could probably do this, but not through skinning. You would need a whole new plugin, or phil65 would have to add an option in ExtendedInfo to search for the movie in the plugin of your choice and play it if available. I don't know python coding, but that's sounds very complicated.

So that is a long-winded way of saying no way is this possible.
Warner:

FYI

I just installed version 5.5.9 and it looks like the variables.xml file is slightly different than prior versions. Your instructions say row 392 and I believe it is now 394.
(2015-03-10, 01:33)Edworld Wrote: Warner:

FYI

I just installed version 5.5.9 and it looks like the variables.xml file is slightly different than prior versions. Your instructions say row 392 and I believe it is now 394.

Thanks for the heads-up. I think I can leave it as is for two lines. Those with extreme OCD might hate the thread starter, though.
Hi .. is it possible to add favorites to the widgets?
Lets say i add 5 addons for maintenance to my favorites then i can put them as a widget above system settings home screen.
(2015-03-10, 12:22)Warez Wrote: Hi .. is it possible to add favorites to the widgets?
Lets say i add 5 addons for maintenance to my favorites then i can put them as a widget above system settings home screen.

I would also like this feature, but the current widget customizer is limited to what is available in the Skin Shortcuts script. BigNoid would have to create a custom widget for this feature (and it seems unlikely for that to happen in version 5). The coding for this is beyond me.
Does anybody know when or how the trailer button is activated in the extended info script Movie widgets?
Some movies you can click on the button... some are greyed out... i think it's a scraper thing but don't know what to look for?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Panel-Style Home Screen Widgets - Nox 53