• 19(current)
Intel NUC - Broadwell (5th Generation CPU)
(2015-03-24, 13:07)kuldan Wrote: Windows Media Center should be fine...

Hi,

I've tried "Media Center PC SE" and "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" as device for my Harmony Ultimate.
It works quite good, but there is a noticable delay .... changing delays & repeats doesn't seem to improve the situation.
Any ideas to improve respons time ?
I also had this with my old home made HTPC ... maybe it's just inherent to Harmony/IR ? Huh
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on those. A$405 for the i5, and A$315 for the i3H even I couldn't resist. It'll take a little for those to get here from Hong Kong, but I'm looking forward to playing around with these. Also looking forward to testing out the new NUC CEC module to be released by Pulse-Eight. Let's see how this all works out.
Nice prices. Where did u get them from? I was looking at 400 fit the i3 from pccg in Australia.
(2015-03-28, 05:06)Talos77 Wrote: Nice prices. Where did u get them from? I was looking at 400 fit the i3 from pccg in Australia.

The i5, and the i3H are available from Kogan's ebay store. PCCG has the full range. Use CashRewards, and checkout code CVIP24H for a full 22% off (or 20% off if you can't be bothered with the 2% extra through CashRewards). If that doesn't work, from tomorrow the TECH20 voucher code will be active.

Can't beat those prices. I had to buy both Kogan models in the same transaction, together with one of these. Too much of a bargain! Big Grin Rofl

Oh, I wouldn't give much about it being the "Last One" on Kogan, they've got stock, they simply seem to list them one by one. A while after the "Last One" has sold, a new "Last One" pops into its place.
Mmm cool. So.. Worth buying grey import from Koran to save 35 over pccg with local warranty? Think I only want the i3. I just bought a 128gb SanDisk m2 ssd for $40. That's plenty of space for me for htpc duties.
(2015-03-28, 05:31)Talos77 Wrote: Mmm cool. So.. Worth buying grey import from Koran to save 35 over pccg with local warranty? Think I only want the i3. I just bought a 128gb SanDisk m2 ssd for $40. That's plenty of space for me for htpc duties.

I, personally, don't generally care much about warranty with such devices. It's less of a difference with the i3 than the i5. Really up to you. In case you want the M.2 only model you'll have to go PCCG, and the prices are still pretty good with the promo this weekend. Oh, yeah, I've got a few of those 128GB drives as well. Wink
Mmm. Now I'm tempted by that i5 price. Shame is not the H model so I could also put in a HDD for recording to.
(2015-03-28, 05:59)Talos77 Wrote: Mmm. Now I'm tempted by that i5 price. Shame is not the H model so I could also put in a HDD for recording to.

It's a tempting price. I was looking at the i3 for $399 from Umart, now I got the i5 for $405.
Yeah I'm looking at 436 from pccg for the i3 + 8gb Kingston ram. Essentially getting the ram for free...
Anyone seeing random slow motion in the first minutes of an video? Typically lasts for ~10secs.

Updated the bios and the issue seems better now but still there.

NUC5I5RYH on vivid 15.04 beta
to answear my self, these seems to be skipped frames and some google searches indicates that this is related to cpu throttling.

Anyone else experience this? Seems a little wierd since it got a lot better with the latest bios update
(2015-03-26, 19:32)Spacekiek Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 13:07)kuldan Wrote: Windows Media Center should be fine...

Hi,

I've tried "Media Center PC SE" and "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" as device for my Harmony Ultimate.
It works quite good, but there is a noticable delay .... changing delays & repeats doesn't seem to improve the situation.
Any ideas to improve respons time ?
I also had this with my old home made HTPC ... maybe it's just inherent to Harmony/IR ? Huh

I had the same problem. Just set it to Microsoft Media Center Extender.

Batnun

(2015-03-28, 13:20)jeey Wrote: Anyone seeing random slow motion in the first minutes of an video? Typically lasts for ~10secs.

I have NUC5I5RYH on 14.04 and I don't get that. My install is a couple of weeks old
(2015-03-30, 16:47)tutu Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 13:20)jeey Wrote: Anyone seeing random slow motion in the first minutes of an video? Typically lasts for ~10secs.

I have NUC5I5RYH on 14.04 and I don't get that. My install is a couple of weeks old

I also have no issues.. Openelec 5.0.5

Videos play as smooth as silk, Openelec 4.95.1 developmental build.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Broadwell (5th Generation CPU)6