Kodibuntu screen sleeping while using Netflix in Chrome
Hello I am having an issue with my screen going to sleep while watching Netflix on my chromebox.

I have the latest Kodibuntu Installed in a standalone install. I am using the latest Chrome browser and Netflix plays perfectly in full screen mode. The problem is that I will be watching for 10 to 15 min and the screen will go in to sleep mode. It will wake up if I hit a key or shake the mouse like its something in the power settings. This is in the Lubuntu mode without even starting Kodi. I have checked all the Kodi sleep settings and disabled all but it still happens. Is there something in Lubuntu or the Chromebox bios I should be looking at? When it happens the screen goes blank and the tv will show no source like the HDMI port is turning it self off.
Main Kodi Build
HP Chromebox Intel Celeron 4gb mem 128 SSD
Libreelec 010 Kodi 17.

Test Builds
Gen 1 Compute Stick 32gb Version NO WINDOWS
Gen 2 Compute Stick X5 Version Cherry Trail

Future Builds
Gen 2 Compute Stick m5
RPi 3
I'm having the same issue. Did you get it to work somehow? Or does anyone else know what to do? I cannot find System Settings at all in kodibuntu, how do you access it?
Bump.

Firstly, to the script writer, etc., a big Thank you! because I wouldn't be even remotely so far along without other people generously sharing their work.

Details are ASUS Chromebox, same problem when running Xubuntu or Lubuntu in dual boot (meaning I tried dual boot with Xubuntu/ChromeOS and when that didn't work I tried Lubuntu/ChromeOS) with EZSetup script, Kodibuntu and Lubuntu in standalone mode.

Any help or workaround, or offer to buy the chromebox from me (kidding) would be greatly appreciated. It's not much of a media center now if I have to move the mouse around every 10 minutes.

Also, on the off chance the exact timing matters, I haven't timed how long it takes, so I'm not sure if it's 5 or 10 or 8 or 9 minutes, but basically if I watch something and don't ride the mouse, in 10 minutes or less the screen goes blank and sound keeps playing.
its probably kodi enabling the screen saver or idle "shutdown" action. Try to disable this completely and see if the issue is gone. You might also need to disable DPMS in the X server.
A Debug Log from kodi when this happens might give a clue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu screen sleeping while using Netflix in Chrome0