Bug workaround - Kodi & SMB issues when using a OSX SMB server
(2017-02-17, 22:51)Lovamelin Wrote: I read through parts of this thread and just want to see if anything has changed. I can download NFS Manager if need be but if I could leave things as they are and use SMB or something that would be ideal. I have a Synology NAS hooked up to an Mac Mini. This obviously works flawlessly when sharing files between my macbooks, the mac mini, and the NAS. The server address starts as afp:// . Is there any way to just enter the full address manually under any option? I tried HTTPS and it appended that to the beginning and couldn't find it. I'm using SPMC on an Android TV box which I believe runs Kodi 16 UI. Thanks!

when you go to add source under videos or music or tvshows, there should be an option to add via network location. That's where I manually input my smb address. works like a champ.
Yeah, Kodi should be able to directly connect to the Synology NAS. I know it works for me with Apple's own Time Capsule NAS too. No need to connect via the Mac at all.
AFP is Apple's format. That won't work with newer Kodis and not well with older ones. I have NFS and SMB working fine with Kodi 15.x Isengard (although as mentioned when I first upgraded the OS I had to restore that -N line for NFS after disabling SIP). I had some oddities with SMB at first with MrMC when I tried it, but it eventually worked as well once I changed a configuration option. Sometimes (I should say USUALLY) the auto-detect ZeroConf method doesn't work right. You can manually enter the network address for the main drive (if you share it from OS X) and then it will appear every time. I've tried newer versions of Kodi but they're slower by comparison here even on the FireTV 4K and have no features for my setup worth putting up with slower movie start times, etc. so unless that changes, I'll stick with Isengard which works better than MrMC as well here.

I will say if anyone is considering a FireTV Stick and you want to use Kodi, get the full 4K FireTV which runs SO much faster through the GUI, etc. and doesn't glitch during movies (the Stick will sometimes pause for a fraction of a second like it lost the signal or something and that has been consistent here as I have two of those as well running the same setup). The 4K version simply runs faster and better and multitasks well with other programs like the Netflix App without having to restart Kodi after exiting (right where you left off). I think the Stick runs out of memory and has to shut it down much of the time.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Does the kodi has supported the smb2 protocol?
Thanks!
(2017-03-28, 15:44)gaolegao3 Wrote: Does the kodi has supported the smb2 protocol?
Thanks!

You created a thread in the android section asking this question. Please give folks some time to provide an answer. Don't spam other threads with redundant questions please.
(2016-10-22, 14:00)pabba Wrote: I tried the NFS solution but it doesn't work for me.
I am able to successfully add the NFS address and create a network location, when I click it I can see the shared volumes, but when I try to enter those, nothing happens.
any ideas?
thanks!
Did you manage to solve this?
Make sure you add NFS://local.network.address_of_files_share:2049:/ to the FILE lists.  Click on THAT after you add it and if you have it set up right, it will work just fine (shows all my NFS shares and I can then add them to whatever KODI list).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
workaround - Kodi & SMB issues when using a OSX SMB server0