• 11(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2017-09-25, 11:46)wyrm Wrote:
(2017-09-25, 05:51)kostaman Wrote:

Once again, hi Kostaman.

Quote:
Not entirely sure what you are getting at here, but think it may be as a result of auto starting the TV channel when you click the TV button on the home menu. Find and fix that setting will probably resolve your issues there. On my setup, clicking the TV button on the home screen takes me to a listing of TV channels (the default screen if you have not changed it in the skin settings). From there it is as in most of the rest of the skin. Direction left or ‘menu’ key to bring up screen settings menu. From there you can select EPG, channels, timers, recordings or search. Alternatively you can get to most of the above via the OSD, just is a little more convoluted.

Suggestions for fixing usability are welcome, just remember that sometimes I have no control over how things are done in the PVR system.

Hope this helps,
Wyrm
Skin Settings/Media Entry Points/ TV entry point was Set to PLAY.
Changed it to TV Channels.
Listing of TV channels now show up using TV Icon.Wink
It would be perfect if the Channels / Guide / Recordings / Timers / Timer rules
Showed up as shortcuts when TV Button Icon is highlighted before pressing OK.
(Like the movies / tv shows in Movie / TV Library recently added show up)
Excuse my Technical Terminology.
Cheers.
(2017-09-26, 09:46)kostaman Wrote: Skin Settings/Media Entry Points/ TV entry point was Set to PLAY.
Changed it to TV Channels.
Listing of TV channels now show up using TV Icon.Wink
It would be perfect if the Channels / Guide / Recordings / Timers / Timer rules
Showed up as shortcuts when TV Button Icon is highlighted before pressing OK.
(Like the movies / tv shows in Movie / TV Library recently added show up)
Excuse my Technical Terminology.
Cheers.
well I guess its English, but not as I know it. Maybe a weird Melbourne dialect. Good you sorted your problem, but you lost me right after that. Are you talking about the root part of the video library where Movies, Tvshows, Files, etc are listed? If so, sorry that is a implementation issue (as in Live TV is not implemented in Kodi like that). Maybe I could try to bodgy something up to try to duplicate that, but it would be a lot of work and I’m not sure anyone would make use of it because no other skin does that.

I have to admit I don’t really like how you have to access the various parts of the PVR subsystem from the screen settings menu, but I think a better way needs to be obvious and I can’t think of what that might be. Will certainly think about it, but don’t expect something in the immediate future.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2017-09-26, 13:50)wyrm Wrote:
(2017-09-26, 09:46)kostaman Wrote:
well I guess its English, but not as I know it. Maybe a weird Melbourne dialect. Good you sorted your problem, but you lost me right after that. Are you talking about the root part of the video library where Movies, Tvshows, Files, etc are listed? If so, sorry that is a implementation issue (as in Live TV is not implemented in Kodi like that). Maybe I could try to bodgy something up to try to duplicate that, but it would be a lot of work and I’m not sure anyone would make use of it because no other skin does that.

I have to admit I don’t really like how you have to access the various parts of the PVR subsystem from the screen settings menu, but I think a better way needs to be obvious and I can’t think of what that might be. Will certainly think about it, but don’t expect something in the immediate future.

Wyrm
Sorry Mate,
I'm on the Tiger Train This Week and have the Attention Span of a Gnat. Hopefully I'm back to normal after Saturday.Nod
I think you got my point regarding the PVR Subsystem.
Hi,
I have been using your excellent skin for many years, and I am very grateful.
I listen mostly to classical music, and all my music collection is tagged also with the "Composer" field. Composer is of course very relevant for classical music only.
Would it be possible for you to code the "Now Playing" view in such a way that it displays
Artist, Composer, Piece #, Piece title
but only if the "Genre" contains "Classical"?
Alternatively, I could try to do it myself, if it is only a matter of changing some configuration file somewhere. In this case, I would need some instructions.
Thank you very much,
(2017-11-11, 19:20)pierocol Wrote: Hi,
I listen mostly to classical music, and all my music collection is tagged also with the "Composer" field. Composer is of course very relevant for classical music only.
Would it be possible for you to code the "Now Playing" view in such a way that it displays
Alternatively, I could try to do it myself, if it is only a matter of changing some configuration file somewhere. In this case, I would need some instructions.
Thank you very much,
Pierocol,

With all of the work in the music section for Kodi Leia the plan was that when Kodi hit beta I was going to try concentrating on the music section of the skin. The change you are after would require code changes to the skin, but your suggested changes do sound reasonable, so will add to my todo list.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2017-11-12, 07:29)wyrm Wrote: With all of the work in the music section for Kodi Leia the plan was that when Kodi hit beta I was going to try concentrating on the music section of the skin. The change you are after would require code changes to the skin, but your suggested changes do sound reasonable, so will add to my todo list.

Wyrm 

Thanks a lot! Depending on how much work it will be, you might expand on this idea, and allow for a certain degree of customization of the "Now Playing..." view. I will be at your disposal in case you would like to brainstorm about this with me...
Again, lots of congratulations for your precious work.
Piero
Thank you very much,
 Pierocol,

Have added what I think is what you requested to the development version of the skin (you will need to download from my Github, details on first page of this thread). Currently on my development system I have only two Classical albums and they are obviously not tagged very well as with the changes it is displaying "Composer - Composer".  I guess in my case Artist is tagged with the composers name.  To make sure the changes are correct, you will need to download and report back here any problems with what I have done.  As to the idea of customising the output for these fields, sorry sport you will have to learn a little bit of skinning as the limited use case does not justify (in my point of view) the PITA of creating a gui to allow this.

Wyrm (AppTV)

(2017-11-22, 05:28)wyrm Wrote:
Thank you very much,
 Pierocol,

Have added what I think is what you requested to the development version of the skin (you will need to download from my Github, details on first page of this thread). Currently on my development system I have only two Classical albums and they are obviously not tagged very well as with the changes it is displaying "Composer - Composer".  I guess in my case Artist is tagged with the composers name.  To make sure the changes are correct, you will need to download and report back here any problems with what I have done.  As to the idea of customising the output for these fields, sorry sport you will have to learn a little bit of skinning as the limited use case does not justify (in my point of view) the PITA of creating a gui to allow this.

Wyrm (AppTV)  
Thanks a whole lot! I will test it as soon as I can (probably during the week end) and report back to you. I am sure this will drive the classical music lovers of the Kodi community to your skin, if this feature is properly advertised. I will start from my friends Smile
cheers
(2017-11-22, 05:28)wyrm Wrote:
Thank you very much,
 Pierocol,

Wyrm (AppTV) 
Hi,
It works nicely! I would propose though that the Composer appears at the top, because that's how we are used to see it elsewhere. I composed a screenshot as I think it should look like, and I am emailing to you. Thanks a lot!
Sorry, long time coming but new release is now available. Might take a little while to trickle thru to the mirrors, but should be available thru main Kodi repo soon.

1.5.10 Krypton 'Tock' 'Tock' Release
  • PVR code clean-ups and bug fixes.
  • Add a fake base directory tree to PVR. Gives user the option to treat PVR like the other video library nodes. Accessible from home screen, setting available from skins "Media entry points" menu.
  • Improved Sets support in Video list view.
  • Much improved classical music support in views, OSD and info screens. Try wherever possible to show Composer, Conductor and Orchestra.
  • Clean-up of a number of builtin images used by the skin.
  • Greatly expanded the use of active/inactive focus indicators throughout the skin, should now be available on most full-screen windows.
  • Using extended info script we now have an actor info screen.  Will show default movies for actor dialog if script is not installed.
  • Support of Special Features script to allow user to access video extras.
  • Added skin based support for Theme tunes while browsing video library.
  • Changes to allow expanded use of animated posters. now available in most video views and also on the home screen shelf.
  • Fix to user playlists support from home screen.  Customisation screen showed as a option but user could not navigate to their playlists.
  • Musicvideo support improvements.  Should now look the same no matter how the user accesses the content (from music or video libraries).
  • Expanded where certain views are available in the video library, in particular coverflow is now available thru most of the library.
  • Number of fixes to improve mouse/touch support in the skin.
  • Greatly expanded use of illegal action sound to let user know there is no additional hidden screen elements available to navigate to.
    Available on most full-screen windows.
  • Added screen settings dialog to home screen. Amongst other changes, user no longer needs to go to skin settings menu to customise home screen.
  • Numerous minor bug fixes and code clean-ups.

As always a huge thank you to all those that provided feedback, bug reports and outside features.  Also apologises to anyone that I might of offended 
with gruff off the cuff replies. Sometimes stress from self imposed (and usually missed) deadlines can make replies come across in undesired ways. Must try to
remember that cultural differences can lead to misunderstandings and that my local form of English might not exactly match another form of English.

Wyrm (AppTV)
Notable Changes to skin for version 1.5.10

Fake base tree for PVR

In my opinion the PVR subsystem has never felt integrated into Kodi, so this is my solution using the skin engine
(a better solution would be to include a root PVR node to the video library, but there appears to be no developer interest in such a solution). 
To access this, the user needs to enter the "Media Entry Point" sub section and select either "TV Entry Point" (or "Radio Entry Point" for radio)
and select "Root".  The custom skin file that I have written will then be displayed when the user clicks the "TV" (or "Radio" as the case may be)
entry  from the Home menu. Sorry the screen is "List" view only at this stage, although this maybe expanded upon in later releases. Also note,
this does not change in anyway how the user would normally navigate thru the PVR system. So user can still change from the channel list
to the recordings, timers and guide windows thru the screen settings menu (what others call the blade or side menu), it just provides a convenient
entry to a root level of the PVR system. 

Special "Extra" features script support

First of all a huge thank you to smitchel6879 and evertiro for working on this script.  This is a replacement for a previous script that was added
to the banned addons list and allows the user to access additional video content that relates to the currently focused video item (Movies and
TV Shows). The skin will show a mark (in this skin, mark is a circle with a plus sign in it) next to the video file if there are any extras available for
the video item. Also in the VideoInfo screen there will be a button to show the special features, so the user can access the extras from this screen.
Additionally, the script give the user the option to access special features from the "Context" menu. User will need to install the "Special features"
script to access this function. Go check this thread for details

TV Tunes support

This function was previously provided by another now banned addon, but thru the magic of manfeed (huge thanks to you as well), this is now
provided via plain old skin files. User will need to add a theme.mp3 file to the appropriate Movie or TVShow folder and turn on the
"Play video theme tune" setting from the skins General skin settings menu. Details on file requirements can be found here.

Wyrm (AppTV)
Other Notable Changes to skin for version 1.5.10

Active/Inactive focus indicators

I have always tried to make it obvious to the user what the heck is going on. One way that I have tried to do this is to provide a feature used thruout
Apple's iOS, that being the focus indicator.  At either the top of the screen or to the left edge the user will see a series of dots, these indicate that there
is more than one area of user focusable content available. For example, in the video library depending on what settings the user has set, there can be
four focusable areas. From left to right they could be "Screen setting menu", main video list, "Letterbar" and scrollbar. So if the main video list is focused
the second dot will be light in colour and the remaining dots will be dark in colour. This is not a new feature as it has been included in the skin for a
number of release now, but the use of this has been greatly expanded with this release. Should now be available on most fullscreen windows.  I do not
use these indicators on dialogs as the navigation would probably require I show them for both top and left sides of the dialog. In this case I generally try
to use arrows to show that there is additional content.

Illegal action sound

Again to aid users in understanding what the user interface is doing I have include the Apple iOS idea of illegal UI movement via the use of a 
"Don't do that" sound.  If the user tries to move in a direction where there is no UI content, a sound will play to say they can't move in that
direction.  Once again this is a old feature of the skin, just greatly expanded with this release.

Screen settings menu now on home screen

With the expanded use of focus indicators and illegal action sound it made sense to include a screen settings menu on the home screen.
As with other screens this settings menu is accessed either by trying to leave the screen to the left (or top depending on screen content)
or via the "cog" icon at the bottom of the screen if the mouse/touch setting has been set. The direction of movement is hinted at by the
focus indicators shown elsewhere on screen. This menu is not extensive, but will allow the user to customise the home menu from the home
screen and display the mini player OSD when media is playing.

Wyrm (AppTV)
hello, I find the apptv skin under kodi v17 cool, fast and very nice.
will there be an upgrade of apptv for Kodi v18 in the near future, or is there another alternative under Kodi v18
Since there are some addons that only work under Kodi v18.
thanks for your reply.
@gent187,

Currently being worked on. I ususally don’t start work on new version until beta version of Kodi is released, but due to the Kodi 17 not receiving any further updates have made the jump on my dev system. Will not release a new version until Kodi 18 hits beta as API changes can potentially break the skin. Skin engine changes generally stop when Kodi makes beta.

Wyrm (AppTV)

thank you for your quick and informative reply.
Is there still a possibility to get Amazon Prime running under Kodi 17? Unfortunately, according to my research, I couldn't get it right. Therefore I believe that netflix doesn't work with Kodi 17 anymore. Or does anyone have a different opinion? That would be very cool, of course.
thanks.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1