• 13(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2019-01-23, 04:50)wyrm Wrote: Issue now fixed and uploaded to github.
Just Downloaded and installed. 
Doesn't look like it's up yet.
I looked closer at the addon.xml

<addon id="skin.apptv" name="AppTV" provider-name="Wyrm" version="1.5.95">
(2019-01-23, 06:52)kostaman Wrote:
(2019-01-23, 04:50)wyrm Wrote: Issue now fixed and uploaded to github.
Just Downloaded and installed. 
Doesn't look like it's up yet.
I looked closer at the addon.xml

<addon id="skin.apptv" name="AppTV" provider-name="Wyrm" version="1.5.95">   
kostaman,

I only bump version string when something significant happens, having said that, forgot to push the button. Is there now.  On the android issue, could you try two things and report back here please. First, on your android system go into "System Info" from my skin and under the "Skin" tab take note of what platform skin shows. Report that back here. And second, change to the Estuary skin and navigate to the Addons home menu item. Is there a Android addons item shown there at all? This should tell me if it is a skin issue or a Kodi issue. Bonus points if you are prepared to post a Full debug log of the session that you do the above in.

Thanks mate
Wyrm.

PS, noticed you have gone very quiet on last seasons footy result, why is that?
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2019-01-23, 09:24)wyrm Wrote: I only bump version string when something significant happens, having said that, forgot to push the button. Is there now. 
Working now. Fixed.

(2019-01-23, 09:24)wyrm Wrote: First, on your android system go into "System Info" from my skin and under the "Skin" tab take note of what platform skin shows.
Platform Android.
Please Note I am using Krypton 17.6 in Android.
(2019-01-23, 09:24)wyrm Wrote: And second, change to the Estuary skin and navigate to the Addons home menu item. Is there a Android addons item shown there at all?
Yes Android Addons are shown in Estuary.
(2019-01-23, 09:24)wyrm Wrote: Bonus points if you are prepared to post a Full debug log of the session that you do the above in.
Can do when i get a chance later. Before i do that is it fine I'm on Krypton in Android for your Debugging ??
(2019-01-24, 01:36)kostaman Wrote:
(2019-01-23, 09:24)wyrm Wrote: I only bump version string when something significant happens, having said that, forgot to push the button. Is there now. 
Working now. Fixed.

(2019-01-23, 09:24)wyrm Wrote: First, on your android system go into "System Info" from my skin and under the "Skin" tab take note of what platform skin shows.
Platform Android.
Please Note I am using Krypton 17.6 in Android.
(2019-01-23, 09:24)wyrm Wrote: And second, change to the Estuary skin and navigate to the Addons home menu item. Is there a Android addons item shown there at all?
Yes Android Addons are shown in Estuary.
(2019-01-23, 09:24)wyrm Wrote: Bonus points if you are prepared to post a Full debug log of the session that you do the above in.
Can do when i get a chance later. Before i do that is it fine I'm on Krypton in Android for your Debugging ??

Cool on it's fixed. Interesting on debugging info. Is it possible to try the same on Leia? Won't be doing anything on Kyrpton version of skin, so better to use Leia for testing.

Since I don't have access to Android on any systems here I will need to rely on you to test fixes from your end. Tell me, do all android systems have the reboot to nand option? As far as I can see the platform check works if the is nothing else included in the visible condition, so might have to remove "can reboot" check to get this working properly.

Will try committing a change to the skin to remove the reboot check and see if that fixes the problem. Check the github page to see if there has been a recent change to "xml" directory before downloading a new copy of the skin.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

kostaman,

Ok, have just committed a change to the skin to hopefully sort the shut down menu issue. Give it a try and let me know if it helped. If it did not I have a couple of other things I can try, but it involves a little more work that I won't bother with if I don't have to.

Wyrm

(2019-01-24, 03:36)wyrm Wrote: Since I don't have access to Android on any systems here I will need to rely on you to test fixes from your end. Tell me, do all android systems have the reboot to nand option?

Crap Android OS on 99% of Amlogic Chips do not have Boot to Internal in their Bootloader Script.
That script is written (in the CoreELEC Image) when the box is triggered into recovery the first time with the CoreELEC Image on SD Card inserted.
The box then Boots into CoreELEC (JEOS Kodi) AND NO Android OS is touched.
The box will always boot into CoreELEC after that initial recovery process as long as the SD Card is inserted.
If you pull the SD Card out and boot up it will boot into Android.
https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how-to-...u=kostaman
CoreELEC cannot read or write any of the Android System on the Nand.

Apologies. Incorrect last line.
CoreELEC can read and write to STORAGE Partition where there is an Android Folder.

I think that may help you as Anything to do with Android OS internally will not be recognised in CoreELEC .
kostaman,

Think might have got to the bottom of the issue. CoreElec is dead and has been abondoned. Everyone now uses Libreelec which has extended support to a number of other platforms recently and in all likely hood will support the hardware you are using. When I get a chance I will move my power off menu to code as used by Estuary, but not sure if that will help if you are still using CoreElec.

Wyrm

(2019-01-25, 10:11)wyrm Wrote: CoreElec is dead and has been abondoned.

I'ts not Dead or Abandoned. 
It's a fork of LibreELEC supporting Amlogic Socs which LibreELEC Abandoned any official support for. 
Devs from LibreELEC were banned from developing community builds for Amlogic soc devices so CoreELEC WAS BORN.
(2019-01-25, 10:11)wyrm Wrote: When I get a chance I will move my power off menu to code as used by Estuary, but not sure if that will help if you are still using CoreElec.

I'll test and if it doesn't work I'll get support from CoreELEC Devs to see what can happen.
@wyrm

You have made the same slip-up I have on a couple of occasions. OpenELEC is dead, CoreELEC is the new fork of LibreELEC. To many ...ELEC's

As a side issue, we don't support CoreELEC in the forum here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-01-25, 11:36)Karellen Wrote: @wyrm

You have made the same slip-up I have on a couple of occasions. OpenELEC is dead, CoreELEC is the new fork of LibreELEC. To many ...ELEC's

As a side issue, we don't support CoreELEC in the forum here.
@Karellen,

Yep occurred to me after I had posted that he said core not open. Is Core dodgy or just not supported? Not a huge fan of the dodgy shit the film industry pulls, but also not a fan of the entitled users of pirated Add-ons that have lobed on the forum either. Kostaman has been polite and helpful with my requests, so prepared to cut him slack. Would like to know how to move on with this.

@kostaman,

As mentioned above you have been helpful and polite with your comments so that in my book earns you the benifit of the doubt. If core is just a alternative fork, will try what I can to help (although it might be the source of your issue), if a pirate fork, sorry sport you are on your own.

Wyrm

@wyrm

It is not supported here at the forum. Nothing dodgy about it, unless users install dodgy add-ons.

Seems to be an issue with the CoreELEC developers hacking fixes, and they are not upstreaming any needed fixes.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-01-25, 15:15)wyrm Wrote: As mentioned above you have been helpful and polite with your comments so that in my book earns you the benifit of the doubt. If core is just a alternative fork, will try what I can to help (although it might be the source of your issue), if a pirate fork, sorry sport you are on your own.
(2019-01-25, 21:36)Karellen Wrote: It is not supported here at the forum. Nothing dodgy about it, unless users install dodgy add-ons.
@wyrm 
Thanks mate. I've been here since 2015 and participated in your Skin Development throughout Jarvis / Krypton using LibreELEC sd card booting without ever getting pulled up on the use of my OS.
Due to my hardware using Amlogic SOC , CoreELEC is my only option as far as Leia upgrade goes.
Or a Hacked up LibreELEC Leia non supported test version which somehow became available with no support on the 7th of January 2019.
I tried it and it was Crap.
CoreELEC source is freely available and repository as well with no Pirate content whatsoever.

(2019-01-25, 21:36)Karellen Wrote: Seems to be an issue with the CoreELEC developers hacking fixes, and they are not upstreaming any needed fixes.
Seems to me this thread has been HIJACKED and gone off topic as far as testing of the pre release skin for Leia.
(2019-01-23, 09:24)wyrm Wrote: PS, noticed you have gone very quiet on last seasons footy result, why is that?
Tiger Train ran off the tracks during finals and i was on it. Still recovering. Shocked

By the way , in case i get Gagged after this. I discovered issues with the Subtitles options / menu during playback using OSD there is no option to enable / disable or view and choose subtitles.
All good keep up the good work.
(2019-01-26, 08:21)kostaman Wrote:
(2019-01-25, 15:15)wyrm Wrote: As mentioned above you have been helpful and polite with your comments so that in my book earns you the benifit of the doubt. If core is just a alternative fork, will try what I can to help (although it might be the source of your issue), if a pirate fork, sorry sport you are on your own.
(2019-01-25, 21:36)Karellen Wrote: It is not supported here at the forum. Nothing dodgy about it, unless users install dodgy add-ons.
@wyrm 
Thanks mate. I've been here since 2015 and participated in your Skin Development throughout Jarvis / Krypton using LibreELEC sd card booting without ever getting pulled up on the use of my OS.
Due to my hardware using Amlogic SOC , CoreELEC is my only option as far as Leia upgrade goes.
Or a Hacked up LibreELEC Leia non supported test version which somehow became available with no support on the 7th of January 2019.
I tried it and it was Crap.
CoreELEC source is freely available and repository as well with no Pirate content whatsoever.

Kostaman,

As mentioned, you have done the right thing by me and I want to do the right thing by you. Have in the past fallen down the rabbit hole looking after supposed skin bugs to later find problem was with a dodgy addon. While you don't fall into this category, you using a fork makes it a bit harder to support any changes between the forks.

I will do my best to help with skin changes to try to fix the issue, but first priority is to official Kodi. Probably the best solution is to report problem to CoreElec devs and see what they can do. Will follow plan B on skin change, but might be a day or two before I can make that happen. Hopefully it will help, otherwise CoreElec devs need to resolve issue with info boolean system.platform.android not resolving to true so that I can continue to offer a general solution to the shut down menu.

Quote:
(2019-01-25, 21:36)Karellen Wrote: Seems to be an issue with the CoreELEC developers hacking fixes, and they are not upstreaming any needed fixes.
Seems to me this thread has been HIJACKED and gone off topic as far as testing of the pre release skin for Leia.
(2019-01-23, 09:24)wyrm Wrote: PS, noticed you have gone very quiet on last seasons footy result, why is that?
Tiger Train ran off the tracks during finals and i was on it. Still recovering. Shocked

By the way , in case i get Gagged after this. I discovered issues with the Subtitles options / menu during playback using OSD there is no option to enable / disable or view and choose subtitles.
All good keep up the good work.
LOL, on the tigers. Always next year mate.

Thank you for previous bug reports and the one listed above (will take a look when I get a chance). Don't see you getting gagged, just help might be limited based on reason listed above.

Over the years a number of people have stepped up to help with bug testing and reporting. Every single one has been greatly appreciated, probably because there have been so few of you.

Keep up the good work
Wyrm

OK kostaman,

have made changes to how shutdown menu works. Changes have been pushed to my github. There is no guarantee that the changes will work, but does not affect operation of skin for standard Kodi, so give it a crack. If it does not work you will just have to edit the skin as you have in the past.

hope it works for you sport.
Wyrm

@kostaman,

Good catch on the subtitle issue, now fixed on github. How did you go with the reboot to Nand fix I uploaded the other day, did it fix your problem?

Still have a issue with Games support, but then hopefully I can make a pull request to have the skin included in official repo. Please advise if you have spotted any other issues.

Wyrm

• 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1