• 18(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
@ontap ,

yep kind of pleased with myself. Not really one issue but a series of them. Had a late night fixing so have not had a chance to look at music, which I think will probably have similar issues.

Bug stomp continues.
Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
As you know I'm a big fan of this skin , just a couple of pics of tweaks I have made for my own use.
https://i.gyazo.com/3912e9895b8bd90d389d...96884d.jpg
I have shortened the gap between posters on shelf and altered the panel width so I get one more poster in to fill screen up , I thought the gap between posters was too wide and it didn't look right ?
https://i.gyazo.com/324a5914b1703a76b570...31c5f6.jpg
Removed the fanart background with its greyish colour diffuse from the video info screen and replaced it with your shelf icon background , I think it looks much cleaner ? 
Just my opinion of course , great skin and thanks for your continued updates.
(2020-09-09, 21:17)ontap Wrote: As you know I'm a big fan of this skin , just a couple of pics of tweaks I have made for my own use.
https://i.gyazo.com/3912e9895b8bd90d389d...96884d.jpg
I have shortened the gap between posters on shelf and altered the panel width so I get one more poster in to fill screen up , I thought the gap between posters was too wide and it didn't look right ?
https://i.gyazo.com/324a5914b1703a76b570...31c5f6.jpg

You are possibly right but like most things in the skin its a compromise between length of text string allowed and image placement. There is also the issue of Now Playing icon to consider, does it still look right when that appears on the shelf?             

Quote:Removed the fanart background with its greyish colour diffuse from the video info screen and replaced it with your shelf icon background , I think it looks much cleaner ? 
Just my opinion of course , great skin and thanks for your continued updates.

Again, like the look but pretty sure will then affect the dark themed screen in a way I won’t like.

Really trying very hard to get a release out but keep finding bugs that I don’t want to appear in new release. The more I look, the more I am convinced that v1.6.0 was a pretty shit release. Think I am pretty close now to being able to release to Kodi repo, so don’t want to mess with things at this stage. Might revisit your suggestions for Matrix release.

Wyrm
Come to think of it , I don’t even know what the “now playing” icon looks like , can’t temember ever noticing it , will have to have look and see.
Had a mooch about , dont know what am looking for , not sure what the "now playing" icon looks like.
Hi Guys,

Well hasn't 2020 been an interesting time. The last year has seen my family move to a new house and Co-Vid19 turn everyones lives upside down. So after way too long (over 18 months since last release) new release has been added to Leia repo, enjoy (Laugh this year off I think, remember there is always 2021).

1.6.4 Leia "Tock" release

• Numerous fixes to PVR subsection.
  • Add screen setting menu item to remove unused views.
  • Added a new method to display MPAA certification images. Scales much better and is quicker to display.
  • Remove Skin Helper script and replaced with Embuary Helper script instead.
  • Remove skin code to provide TV theme support, now handled by legal TVTune script.
  • Update Artistslideshow script support to use version 3.x of script.
  • Greatly expanded widget support, now allows for playlists and favourites (allows user to use Kodi VFS nodes as widgets).
  • Add home screen setting to change shelf background image.
  • Remove a number of skin settings as now redundant.
  • Cleanup of a number of inbuilt skin images.
  • Added option to use simple song lyric screen.
  • Code cleanups to make inbuilt skin content more discoverable (skin supplied playlists and home screen icons).
  • Numerous bug fixes and code cleanups.

The Wiki and other documentation has also seen some work (more to follow), check it out if you have any basic questions.
I will also be adding a couple of posts here soon to explain some of the new changes to the skin, keep an eye out for them as there have been a few regressions to the skin as a result.
Not all bad news, MPAA changes have been mostly to the betterment of the skin and the code bug stomp has seen a marked improvement in speed and resource usage.

Back soon with details,
Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Ok guys, sorry about the delay. I will try to mention some of the major changes to the skin for version 1.6.4 and some of the concequences of the changes (rest assured not many are negative)

Change from Skin Helper script to Emburary Helper script.

Due to the author of the Skin Helper script stepping back from Kodi, the script is no longer under active maintenance (one or two users have posted patches, but no one has stepped up to be responsible for maintenance).
With the upcomming change for Kodi to use Python 3 instead of Python 2, Skin Helper script will no longer work unless a number of changes are made (pretty sure at this stage it's not going to happen). As a result I have made the decision to change to using Emburary Skin Helper script instead. So what are the pros and cons of this decision?

Pros
  • Emburary Helper is under active development, so breakages of the script and thus my skin should be sorted quickly
  • Does not have the baggage that Skin Helper script has, so is generally quicker and less of a drag on Kodi

Cons
  • Embuary Helper does NOT have a way to transparently handle Animated graphics (posters and backgrounds). Skin Helper got around a Kodi shortcomming that only local animated graphics could be used (can show animated graphics from local storage on you Kodi box, but not from a network location). The solution that users will need to use if they want to use animated graphics is to ensure graphic files are stored locally and make sure that Kodi database points to the locally file for an item.
  • Embuary Helper does NOT have a number of functions that Skin Helper does and so there have been a number of features that have been dropped from this version of the skin. One feature was the backup and restore of skin settings. I'm not sure if many people made use of this and I also believe this feature was a little buggy, so not a major loss. Also the functions to use Extended Info scripts on the Info screens has been removed. This will return in a future release of this skin when I get a chance to code the required custom info screen code.

So mostly this change has been for the better. If you think there is something missing due to this change that really needs to come back, leave a note in this sub forum and I will endevour to code a solution.

Wyrm

Changes to how MPAA certification icons are shown.

The way that skins that used these type of icons were coded involved coding large multilined $VAR statements. This is     v  e   r   y     s   l   o   w     and only handles countries that the skin writter has included in their $VAR statements. I have choosen to try something different that gets around these two main issues.

Firstly I have released a resource file of Certification images that contains a number of images for various countries, my skin how requires this as a skin requirement (other skins are more than welcome to use this resource). Secondly, I have added a skin setting to the General skin settings page to allow the user to select their prefered certification region. The default is the United States and the other option is the region that you selected for Kodi (for example I am in Australia, so second option is Australia).  If you have not made changes to to the video scrapers, don't change this setting and you will continue to use the Kodi default of the United States. If you are on the other hand using an alternate region, you will need to change the setting to the new region.  OK, so far, so OK but what do you do if some of your ratings display as CTC (check the Classification)?  The skin has the option on the video info screen of editing your library if you have one of two scripts installed, those being either  script.metadata.editor or script.libraryeditor. The first is available from the main Kodi repo and the second is available from the location pointed to by my skins wiki. Now if this is a bit of a PITA, I'm sorry but the benefits far out weight the downside. This way is a lot quicker and the number of supported countries is already greater that every other skin.

Currently I support the following countries.

• Australia
  • Australia TV
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • Canada TV
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France TV
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • Hungary TV
  • India
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Korea
  • Korea TV
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Russia
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • United States TV
  • Vietnam

If your country is not shown, and if you can provide me with 64x64 pixel graphics of each icon and the MPAA field for each icon, I will be able to update the resource file to support your country. The other neat thing about using this system is that changes for new icons can happen very rapidly and do not require a skin update to function.

As always if you need a walk thru on this feature, drop a post into the sub forum and I will talk you thru the process.

Wyrm

Congratulations on the very beautiful and light Skin. Sorry for my stupid question, but I can't find the file management entry to insert the resources. Can anyone show me the path? Thank you
settings-skin settings-home menu- scroll down to the files icon , click on it , click on enable then on OK and it will appear on home screen.
(2020-10-01, 09:15)ontap Wrote: [font][font]impostazioni-skin impostazioni-menu home- scorri verso il basso fino all'icona dei file, fai clic su di essa, fai clic su abilita quindi su OK e apparirà nella schermata principale.[/font][/font]

[font][font]Molte grazie. [/font][font]Non l'avrei mai trovato perché non stavo scorrendo verso il basso. [/font][font]GRAZIE[/font][/font]
(2020-10-01, 09:23)22marco77 Wrote:
(2020-10-01, 09:15)ontap Wrote: impostazioni-skin impostazioni-menu home- scorri verso il basso fino all'icona dei file, fai clic su di essa, fai clic su abilita quindi su OK e apparirà nella schermata principale.

Molte grazie. Non l'avrei mai trovato perché non stavo scorrendo verso il basso. GRAZIE

@22marco77,

This is a English only forum, please keep comments and replies in English. Google translate is fine, but your last post was in English and quite readable so please continue with that.

Wyrm

(2020-10-01, 17:34)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-10-01, 09:23)22marco77 Wrote:
(2020-10-01, 09:15)ontap Wrote: impostazioni-skin impostazioni-menu home- scorri verso il basso fino all'icona dei file, fai clic su di essa, fai clic su abilita quindi su OK e apparirà nella schermata principale.

Molte grazie. Non l'avrei mai trovato perché non stavo scorrendo verso il basso. GRAZIE

@22marco77,

This is a English only forum, please keep comments and replies in English. Google translate is fine, but your last post was in English and quite readable so please continue with that.

Wyrm

Ok, sorry... Thanks
Hi mate, just a sort of nerdy question , I think ( maybe am imagining it ) that speed of scroll both through home screen icons and widgets seems a little fast , ie its not a smooth experience ?
Was comparing it to using aeon-nox silvo where theres a line of code in main menu that if set to "0" its an almost instant switch from one image to another like in apptv. But in that skin you can alter the scrolling speed . Here's the line ,  "<scrolltime tween="quadratic" easing="out">0</scrolltime>" , I usually change that to  600 and it gives a much smoother scroll. I have had a good search thru apptv xml's but can't find anything. Its still my skin of choice , was just curious as to whether scrolling speed is somehow adjustable ?
(2020-10-02, 22:01)ontap Wrote: Hi mate, just a sort of nerdy question , I think ( maybe am imagining it ) that speed of scroll both through home screen icons and widgets seems a little fast , ie its not a smooth experience ?
Was comparing it to using aeon-nox silvo where theres a line of code in main menu that if set to "0" its an almost instant switch from one image to another like in apptv. But in that skin you can alter the scrolling speed . Here's the line ,  "<scrolltime tween="quadratic" easing="out">0</scrolltime>" , I usually change that to  600 and it gives a much smoother scroll. I have had a good search thru apptv xml's but can't find anything. Its still my skin of choice , was just curious as to whether scrolling speed is somehow adjustable ?

@ontap ,

No mate pretty sure I have not included that, but has not been a problem in the past as the skin was obviously not as fast as is now. Will look at adding something for 1.6.5 bug fix release.

As a matter of interest, what system are you running? On my ancient i5 Windows 10 box, most of the time is pretty damn quick (occasionally Windows goes off for a little sulk and slows right down).

Do you think is required for views code as well as that has had a damn good going over as well?

Wyrm
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1