• 20(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2020-10-25, 13:33)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 10:33)pierocol Wrote: Hello,
I am a long-time fan of this skin, a music lover, and very grateful, among other things, because, thank to a request I posted few years ago, the composer, conductor and orchestra are displayed on the Now Playing screen.
Today I was listening to some high definition music and this question came to my mind: would it be possible to display on the Now Playing screen information about the file that is being played?
Type (e.g. flac), sample rate (e.g. 96 kHz), audio bit depth (e.g. 24 bit).
It could maybe "on demand" if quite possibly not everybody would be interested.
Thank you
Hello again,
I have been checking what I wrote here, because I had a doubt regarding what is displayed in the "Now Playing" window.
I had mentioned that, for classical music (if Genre contains "Classic"), composer, conductor and orchestra are displayed.
I checked now and actually it is not completely true.
Under the "Now Playing" label in blue, there is
Composer
Title
Artist - Conductor
Album

Therefore there is no Orchestra.

The best for classical music, provided that the files are correctly tagged with these genre-specific tags, would be

Composer
Title
Performer - Conductor - Orchestra
Album

If possible, I would suggest a check:
IF one of Performer, Conductor, Orchestra NOT EMPTY  --> Display as suggested above ELSE Display Artist (Default)

Thank you very much in advance for your consideration
@pierocol ,

as per last message from me, requires changes to code. Will have to wait for next version of skin, but has been added to todo list.

Wyrm
(2020-10-24, 17:06)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 16:58)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 13:57)pierocol Wrote: I had forgotten to let you know something I noticed in the recent past: I had created a couple of nice icons for the home screen (play disc, eject disc, and rock concert movies). Every time a new version of your skin is installed, I have to copy the icons that I have stored in a proper folder again in the home menu icons folder. I wonder if this can be avoided. No big deal of course, unless your user does not back up the custom icons somewhere...
@pierocol ,

you don’t have to add them to the skins icons directory you can store them anywhere, in fact it would be better to not store them there. When the file selector is displayed, just go back a level and navigate to where you normally keep your image files. The default directory shown is just that, a default directory to some skin provided icons.

There is also no reason why I can’t include your icons with the skin. Don’t be shy, post them here for us to take a look at, and they might just make the next release ( providing you don’t mind including them).

Wyrm
Thanks a lot! I would be very happy if I can contribute something to this very nice initiative. I do not know how I can post an image here as I do not have a website I can link to. I hope a DropBox link works. Let me know, please.
DVDEject
DVDPlay
RockConcerts

@pierocol ,

definitely like the DVD play icon, so will include that if ok with you. Eject did not do it for me, how do you feel about a picture of a disk tray with a coffee mug on it ;-) 

Wyrm
(2020-10-25, 16:07)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 16:58)wyrm Wrote: @pierocol ,

you don’t have to add them to the skins icons directory you can store them anywhere, in fact it would be better to not store them there. When the file selector is displayed, just go back a level and navigate to where you normally keep your image files. The default directory shown is just that, a default directory to some skin provided icons.

There is also no reason why I can’t include your icons with the skin. Don’t be shy, post them here for us to take a look at, and they might just make the next release ( providing you don’t mind including them).

Wyrm
Thanks a lot! I would be very happy if I can contribute something to this very nice initiative. I do not know how I can post an image here as I do not have a website I can link to. I hope a DropBox link works. Let me know, please.
DVDEject
DVDPlay
RockConcerts

@pierocol ,

definitely like the DVD play icon, so will include that if ok with you. Eject did not do it for me, how do you feel about a picture of a disk tray with a coffee mug on it ;-) 

Wyrm
Sure, anything you like Smile
(2020-10-25, 16:07)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 16:58)wyrm Wrote: @pierocol ,

Wyrm
DVDEject
DVDPlay
RockConcerts

@pierocol ,

Wyrm

I can modify Eject to your liking. It looks to me as a simple standard symbol for the eject action that fits well with the Apple philosophy, thus that of your skin...Same for the RockConcerts.
@pierocol 

Internet joke. Press that button and the coffee mug tray pops out. As you say, is a standard symbol for eject, just the colour did not immediately grab me. Also, nothing really wrong with the rock concert icon, just did not grab me right away as did the DVD play icon. Would probably include all of the icons as a matter of course. Have also been thinking of moving some of these icon types to their own resource file.

Nothing set in stone at this point, spending some down time recharging the batteries before making a start on next version.

Wyrm
Is it possible to fix the EPG view ?
On AppTV skin there is only the time.
On confluence it's working as it should:

I'm calling this function from my remote: activatewindow(pvrchannelguide)
(2020-11-15, 23:45)C0nvert Wrote: Is it possible to fix the EPG view ?
On AppTV skin there is only the time.
On confluence it's working as it should:

I'm calling this function from my remote: activatewindow(pvrchannelguide)
@C0nvert ,

very difficult to see what you are talking about from the photos you took of your screens (you should hit the wiki for how to take a screenshot). Thankfully your edit with the command you used to bring up the screen should make it pretty easy to recreate, will take a look and get back to you with what I find.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
@C0nvert ,

ok found the problem (and have found a couple of other unrelated problems). Can see another bug fix version in my not too distant future. Could you please give the PVR section a good shake out from your end and report back here with any other problems you find? I have not had a lot of a play with the PVR section, so there are no doubt a number of bugs lurking here. Oh btw, could you please respond back with details of your system setup (operating system version, Kodi version and skin version for starters). Will put a test version up on my GitHub for testing when I sort out the problems.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2020-11-16, 07:30)wyrm Wrote: @C0nvert ,

ok found the problem (and have found a couple of other unrelated problems). Can see another bug fix version in my not too distant future. Could you please give the PVR section a good shake out from your end and report back here with any other problems you find? I have not had a lot of a play with the PVR section, so there are no doubt a number of bugs lurking here. Oh btw, could you please respond back with details of your system setup (operating system version, Kodi version and skin version for starters). Will put a test version up on my GitHub for testing when I sort out the problems.

Wyrm (AppTV)
Hi wrym and thanks for your fast response and your effort.
Sorry for the bad upload ^^

Ofc i will give it a good shakeup from my end. You can count on me ))

System Setup
First Device (for testing purposes):
Windows 10 2004
Kodi 18.9 x64
Theme: APPTV 1.65

Second Device:
Tanix Tx9s (AmLogic S905)
Coreelec 9.2.5 (Kodi 18.9)
Theme: APPTV 1.6.5

Third Device (Main):
Vero4k+ (AmLogic S805)
OSMC 2020.10-1 (Kodi 18.9)
Theme: APPTV 1.6.5

Btw is it possible to customize the Homescreen Shortcut Action with custom Actions?
e.g if i start Live TV from the Homescreen (press on TV Icon) it executes: ActivateWindow(tvguide)
I would prefer ActivateWindow(tvchannels) instead.
One can change it in Custom_HomeMenuItems.xml.
But it would be more User friendly to do it from the Skin Menu itself.

Instead, setting up this view (or any other Action like shortcuts to Video Addons) directly through the Skin (custom Action String), would be nice.

(2020-11-16, 10:14)C0nvert Wrote: Btw is it possible to customize the Homescreen Shortcut Action with custom Actions?
e.g if i start Live TV from the Homescreen (press on TV Icon) it executes: ActivateWindow(tvguide)

Instead, setting up this view (or any other Action like shortcuts to Video Addons) directly through the Skin (custom Action String), would be nice.

@C0nvert ,

sorry for slow reply, have been busy bug stomping. I have pushed a number of fixes up to my GitHub, if you are capable of making use of that, your previous bug that you reported has been fixed. Otherwise will continue with bug stomp from my end and post a zip file to my downloads section when I think I have nail all the bugs I can find.

As to your post above, couple of points for you.
  • You can change which window opens when entering the PVR section (and other library sections as well) from “Skin Settings” , “Media entry points”, “TV”. There is a bug I found with the string for “TV channels” in the dialog that shows, reads “Radio channels”, but does actually correctly change entry point to TV channels (has also now been fixed). This allows you to show a window other than the TV Guide when you click on the TV icon on the Home Screen.
  • You can change the shortcuts to something other than commands (favourites for instance) and access playlists or favourites addons or even favourite parts of the Kodi system thru the customise Home menu screen. This screen can either be accessed from the Home Screen by navigating left until the screen settings dialog appears or from the skins “Skin settings” menus in the Settings screen. If you can make something a favourite from within Kodi, you can assign it to a shortcut item on the Home Screen. Also if you can make a smart playlist to access Kodi filesystem items, you can assign these playlists to either a Home Screen shortcut or shelf widget.
  • Lastly, am not a huge fan of the idea of of allowing customisation of actions as it allows the chance of the user entering incorrect or inadvisable commands (can we say delete *.*). I much prefer allowing the user to use the gui to find a suitable action to perform (command, playlist or favourite). If the user is hell bent on trashing their setup, at least the action of editing xml files can clue them in that they take responsibility for their actions. If you want to do this I would recommend against changing the skins xml files as you would need to make the changes every time I post a new update. Better way to achieve the same thing is to edit the favourites.xml file in the userdata directory with any missing commands you might want to use, then point the skin shortcut to that favourite entry. Also I am willing to add additional commands to the command selection dialog, just post a list of command in this forum and I will make it happen for the bug fix release.

Wyrm (AppTV)
(2020-11-18, 10:04)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-11-16, 10:14)C0nvert Wrote: Btw is it possible to customize the Homescreen Shortcut Action with custom Actions?

@C0nvert ,

sorry for slow reply, have been busy bug stomping. I have pushed a number of fixes up to my GitHub, if you are capable of making use of that, your previous bug that you reported has been fixed. Otherwise will continue with bug stomp from my end and post a zip file to my downloads section when I think I have nail all the bugs I can find.

As to your post above, couple of points for you.
  • You can change which window opens when entering the PVR section (and other library sections as well) from “Skin Settings” , “Media entry points”, “TV”. There is a bug I found with the string for “TV channels” in the dialog that shows, reads “Radio channels”, but does actually correctly change entry point to TV channels (has also now been fixed). This allows you to show a window other than the TV Guide when you click on the TV icon on the Home Screen.
  • You can change the shortcuts to something other than commands (favourites for instance) and access playlists or favourites addons or even favourite parts of the Kodi system thru the customise Home menu screen. This screen can either be accessed from the Home Screen by navigating left until the screen settings dialog appears or from the skins “Skin settings” menus in the Settings screen. If you can make something a favourite from within Kodi, you can assign it to a shortcut item on the Home Screen. Also if you can make a smart playlist to access Kodi filesystem items, you can assign these playlists to either a Home Screen shortcut or shelf widget.
  • Lastly, am not a huge fan of the idea of of allowing customisation of actions as it allows the chance of the user entering incorrect or inadvisable commands (can we say delete *.*). I much prefer allowing the user to use the gui to find a suitable action to perform (command, playlist or favourite). If the user is hell bent on trashing their setup, at least the action of editing xml files can clue them in that they take responsibility for their actions. If you want to do this I would recommend against changing the skins xml files as you would need to make the changes every time I post a new update. Better way to achieve the same thing is to edit the favourites.xml file in the userdata directory with any missing commands you might want to use, then point the skin shortcut to that favourite entry. Also I am willing to add additional commands to the command selection dialog, just post a list of command in this forum and I will make it happen for the bug fix release.

Wyrm (AppTV)

@wyrm 
I tested so far everything.
The PVR Section is fixed and works perfectly!! ))

Only odd thing i encountered is a Bug, where the first Page of the Plugin has e.g the "Wall" View and the second Page the "Icon" View, third the "List" View and so on.
It seems to shuffle at random through the Addon-Views with every Page.
Got it solved (see below)

Do you know if it's possible to select a default View Model for Video-Addons, e.g the Wall View for all Pages?

I tried to use the remove unused Views option and could bring it down to "Wall" and "List" View.
Even if i try to change the default View and Order in MyVideoNav.xml from 50 to 58. it still shows "List" first for each new Page. 
Furthermore i tried to override the Default View Mode in the Addon itself via this Code: "xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(58)'), unfortinatly this didn't work either. 

And is it possible to change the position of the Default Homescreen Shortcuts like "Add-Ons" , "Quit", "TV" ?
E.g put "Add-Ons" on the last Place.

Btw i created a few more Icons for your skin.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmrW7HagVDOab5r-zZiI...0?e=eiPkRx
@C0nvert 

Sorry have been crook (Aussie for ill) and only just surfacing again. Hoping to later today to upload a test build to my GitHub.

(2020-11-22, 17:04)C0nvert Wrote: @wyrm 
I tested so far everything.
The PVR Section is fixed and works perfectly!! ))

Cool, have a couple of other fixes that might be of use.
Quote:Only odd thing i encountered is a Bug, where the first Page of the Plugin has e.g the "Wall" View and the second Page the "Icon" View, third the "List" View and so on.
It seems to shuffle at random through the Addon-Views with every Page.

Got it solved (see below)

Do you know if it's possible to select a default View Model for Video-Addons, e.g the Wall View for all Pages?
I tried to use the remove unused Views option and could bring it down to "Wall" and "List" View.
Even if i try to change the default View and Order in MyVideoNav.xml from 50 to 58. it still shows "List" first for each new Page. 
Furthermore i tried to override the Default View Mode in the Addon itself via this Code: "xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(58)'), unfortinatly this didn't work either. 

Problem is not with skin as such, but plug-in/Addon playing loose and fast with script programming standards. Pretty sure script author is assuming default skin view id’s are the same for all skins (or just doesn’t give a damn). Think the only id’s that would have any chance of matching is I’d 50, list view (and this is more of a historical hangover, not a rule as such)
Quote:And is it possible to change the position of the Default Homescreen Shortcuts like "Add-Ons" , "Quit", "TV" ?
E.g put "Add-Ons" on the last Place.

Possible, sure if you are prepared to get your hands really dirty moving code about. For Icon Home Screen it is pretty straightforward, but Horizontal Home Screen it is vastly more complicated. There is also the complicated issue of the Home Screens with widgets shelves to consider. Icons on the top line potentially have widgets that you can navigate up to, so those Icons need to be in the top line of the icon panel to allow navigating up to the widget panel. Easier way is to turn off the built in icons on the home customisation screen and replace them with favourites that match what the defaults did, but in a position more to your liking. As always using the customisation screen creatively is much more likely to survive a skin update than major code changes to my skin code.
Quote:Btw i created a few more Icons for your skin.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmrW7HagVDOab5r-zZiI...0?e=eiPkRx

Thank you, have added a couple of the icons from your collection but can’t use the rest due to this reason.

As it is looking like a release candidate for Kodi 19 is likely to drop early in 2021, I will probably soon make the jump to Kodi 19 to prepare skin for the new release. Best get cracking everyone, if you have a bug you would like fixed for last skin release for Kodi 18.x series.

Wyrm
@C0nvert ,@pierocol ,@ontap ,@HiroProtagonist and anyone else that would do a spot of testing,

Here is the latest test version for v1.6.6.  All very minor issues, but trying to square things away before starting the slog for next Kodi version.

Pierocol, there are a couple more flag images for the musicvisualisation screen, hopefully now have them all covered. Please advise if any still missing.

Ontap, HiroProtagonist, added a couple of missing Lite theme touch icons.

COnvert, All of the PVR issues you mentioned have been fixed. Have also added a couple of Icon home screen icons to default location.

If anyone spots any other issues, please respond back here as soon as you can, so I can release a "clean" release.

Wyrm
(2020-11-29, 14:47)wyrm Wrote: @C0nvert ,@pierocol ,@ontap ,@HiroProtagonist and anyone else that would do a spot of testing,

Here is the latest test version for v1.6.6.  All very minor issues, but trying to square things away before starting the slog for next Kodi version.

Pierocol, there are a couple more flag images for the musicvisualisation screen, hopefully now have them all covered. Please advise if any still missing.

COnvert, All of the PVR issues you mentioned have been fixed. Have also added a couple of Icon home screen icons to default location.

If anyone spots any other issues, please respond back here as soon as you can, so I can release a "clean" release.

Wyrm
Just installed it and tried several flac files with various resolutions and they all worked fine. if you tell me what combinations you have considered, I can check if you have them all...
(2020-12-09, 10:03)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 14:47)wyrm Wrote: @C0nvert ,@pierocol ,@ontap ,@HiroProtagonist and anyone else that would do a spot of testing,

Wyrm
Just installed it and tried several flac files with various resolutions and they all worked fine. if you tell me what combinations you have considered, I can check if you have them all...

@pierocol ,

the following flag images are now included in the skin.

Samplesize : 8bit, 16bit, 24bit and 32bit. Are any others required?

Samplerate : 22.05kHz (shows as 22kHz), 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz. Once again anything of any use missing?

Have been busy in RL so have not had a chance to fix a couple of other bugs I have stumbled across, but would like to put this bug fix version to bed fairly quickly. Could you please reply back ASAP so I can make a repo pull request soon.

TA
Wyrm
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1