• 24(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2022-01-22, 11:37)jpeg73 Wrote: Following bug fix of https://github.com/wyrm65/skin.apptv/com...f5ae2c187c
This won't fix my issue ( in full screen playing video and pressing numeric key ) the numeric key pressed isn't display as other skin does

I've reinstall full skin with .zip file, and 1.7.1alpha version is correctly showed by the bug still exist
Maybe some setting somewhere to turn on/off ?

Waiting advice for investigation, thanks in advance
JP
@jpeg73 ,

have you downloaded the very latest version of the skin from my GitHub? You will need to click the green code button and select download zip. Zip file will be called “skin.apptv-master.zip”, if it is not, you have downloaded the wrong version. You will need to rename the zip to “skin.apptv.zip” otherwise Kodi will complain when you go to install the skin. Do NOT download thru the releases link as they are versions from before the bug fix. Currently is working same as Estuary on my Windows development system. You should see light blue digits appear (150 pixels high) in top middle of the screen when you press numerical keys on your keyboard or remote.

If you have no success with the above, will need you to post a link to a FULL debug log so I can see what is going on.

Best of luck 
Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
re-did a fresh install with zip install -> NOK

tested sequence is
Starting Kodi on macOS with Estuary ,launch video,
type 12 followed by Enter > numerics are displayed
type 59 > numerics are displayed
switch to apptv skin launch video,
type 12 followed by Enter > numerics are not displayed
type 59 > numerics are not displayed

pastebin here https://termbin.com/rei1

Thanks a lot for your support
is my log file detailed enough for investigation?
if not , just let me know what to enable more
thanks in advance
(2022-01-24, 12:23)jpeg73 Wrote: is my log file detailed enough for investigation?
if not , just let me know what to enable more
thanks in advance
@jpeg73 ,

sorry mate, have just started a new job today. We have a public holiday in two days time so will get back to this then. Log was not that useful, but have an idea what the issue may be. Will report back what I find on my day off.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

congrat'
Thx let's keep posted
some additional clue
on my OSX , I've installed kodi19.3 on WIN10 under VM
install fresh add-on 1.7.1 and same issue, no numerics displayed
(2022-01-24, 18:16)jpeg73 Wrote: some additional clue
on my OSX , I've installed kodi19.3 on WIN10 under VM
install fresh add-on 1.7.1 and same issue, no numerics displayed
@jpeg73 ,

have just checked on my LibreElec Raspberry Pi system and is working correctly there. I have just added another alpha release to my GitHub is located here . I think possibly what your issue is, is that your install was corupted.
You need to download the zip file and let Kodi install it for you. DO NOT unpack the zip file yourself, but store the zip file somewhere that Kodi can find it then "Install from Zip" via the root addons screen.  If you have not got "unknown sources" setting set to on, Kodi will ask you to allow this.  I would also recommend that you switch to Estuary skin before installing AppTV skin to make sure that the skin comes in complete as sometimes if a skin file is in use, it will not update to the new version. I would also recommend that you do NOT mess with the skin until you have got this working, as there is a fair chance you stompped on something you should not have.

As to the previous log file, pretty sure you posted a new log file instead of the old log file after restarting.  If the number display on channel change is still not working after you install the version from above, please follow these steps.

Restart kodi, go straight to the PVR section and try to change channels via the number keys, get out of PVR section and shut down Kodi. Copy the kodi.log file somewhere safe and then upload that file to a pastebin type site and post the link back here. Hopefully this won't be required, but if it is the file should not contain a whole pile of stuff for me to wade thru.

Best of luck
Wyrm

Hi Wyrm, first of all thanks a lot for the time spent to help me, appreciated a lot
Ive tried your alpha2 following your precise steps but still have the issue
I do have 3 platforms Coreelec, Osx, WIN10(underVM) and same issue for all
Basically I think we make a important step , let me explain

At the beginning I was focused on numerics for videos and I think you understood numeric for PVR
Most probably I wrongly express myself  ( I m more HW engineer ... Wink
My concern is more , during watching a video/movie ( NOT PVR ) if I want to jump to a desired duration ( I mean 13minutes , I press on 1, 3 , 0 , 0 keys , and on other skins they are displayed on the screen and after enter key, the desired duration is transferred to the timeline )

I think you update correctly numerics for PVR  because
on 1.7.0 and playing PVR the typed numerics wasn't displayed
on 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 and playing PVR the typed numerics ARE NOW displayed !!!

but on 1.7.x and playing video/movie the typed numerics ( for duration shift ) are not displayed

again, thanks of your patience, JP
@jpeg73 ,

what are some of the other skins that do it right? Will give me a hint on what I need to add.

Wyrm

(2022-01-26, 17:08)wyrm Wrote: what are some of the other skins that do it right? Will give me a hint on what I need to add.

You can check with default Estuary 
Thanks
Hi Warm , Do you succeed to identify the missing item on apptv comparing to estuary?
(2022-01-29, 10:56)jpeg73 Wrote: Hi Warm , Do you succeed to identify the missing item on apptv comparing to estuary?
@jpeg73 ,

Is Wyrm, but am also warm (39C here today). Pretty sure what you seek is here .  Download file and replace your local copy with the file.  Very strongly recommend that you change to another skin before doing this to make sure the file is not in use when you copy it over. Report back here to let me know if that worked.

Wyrm

lol ... sorry automatic correction...again, 
Ive copied 2 files:  includes_variables & videoOSD on the app.tv folder ( Kodi was not working during the copy)
1/ When starting a movie and pressing numerics > not working BUT
2/ during movie watching, if I press on my keyboard Shift- Arrow , it display a timeline bar AND only at this time if I press numerics they are displayed

I assume we are close to solution, 
Could you adjust to cover point 1 as well ?
Thanks so much and take care about fiever
some breakthroughs ... 
If I add !String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric) in line 3 visible condition of DialogSeekBar.xml , numerics are properly displayed
may be some more fine tuning at your side ?

hope it helps...
Regards
JP
(2022-01-29, 22:41)jpeg73 Wrote: some breakthroughs ... 
If I add !String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric) in line 3 visible condition of DialogSeekBar.xml , numerics are properly displayed
may be some more fine tuning at your side ?

hope it helps...
Regards
JP
@jpeg73 ,

ok sport, finally got some time to play with this. The GitHub has the changes committed this afternoon. Have basically expanded on your idea above. You need both the DialogSeekbar.xml file and the Includes_Variables.xml file. Please report back here to let me know how you got on.

Wyrm
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1