Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2016-03-13, 06:05)CarsonGallo Wrote: Would it be possible to have the names of the Home Shortcuts revealed all the time instead of when the shortcut is selected. My parents aren't really all there and even though all they have to do is go two icons over to the icon which has a picture of a movie reel they still have doubts whether they'll remember thats there movies folder. If it just said Movies below it already before it was selected, it would probably save me from some future late night phone calls, asking me "where do I go for movies".
CarsonGallo,

That is a recent change to allow the skin to look more like the AppleTV Gen 4 user interface (use the flatlite theme to match the colour scheme used in AppleTV 4). If you go back to a skin version before I added this (1.3.2) it will use the old style of Icon home menu hi-liting. Or if you wish to add the change each time I release a new version you can add this block of code to the IncludesIconHome.xml.

PHP Code:
                <control type="label">
                    <
left>0</left>
                    <
top>135</top>
                    <
width>250</width>
                    <
height>23</height>
                    <
textcolor>disabled-text</textcolor>
                    <
align>center</align>
                    <
label>$INFO[ListItem.label]</label>
                    <
font>font12</font>
                </
control

This needs to be added into the <itemlayout> block in the panel control id 9000. This is currently at line 214 of the file.

As to adding this back into the skin from my end, sorry I think it looks better this way and it would seem your parents are the only ones with a problem with this. The other option is for your parents to use one of the other two home menu types I supply with the skin. My kids used the vertical menu until the youngest one could read, so this is very easy for someone to figure out what each item does (nice Big icons, so you don't have to read anything). Otherwise, if you want to stick with the Icon Home menu, you can replace the icons used by replacing the icons in the extras/home icons menu with something a bit more distinctive (use distinct colours for separate menu items to make it clearer that there is a difference) .

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by wyrm - 2016-03-16, 17:11
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1