Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2016-03-24, 05:29)SideStepSociety Wrote: Hello Wyrm, nice work on keeping the updates coming.

I'm having a bit of an issue with the TV shows "shelf" when using icon view.

Previously, when a new episode of a show was added to my library, it would be added to the top shelf of the skin when highlighting the TV shows button.

Now, when a new episode is added, it still appears in the shelf, however, it no longer gets removed from the shelf after being watched. As shown in the image below, that episode of Workaholics (and all others, for that matter), have been watched, but they still remain in the shelf.

This is a fresh install of Kodi 16.0 with the AppTV skin and very little else. Any thoughts if this would be related to a change in the skin? Seemed to go hand in hand with one of the more recent updates.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated!
SideStepSociety,

Sorry only just got back to you on this have been very busy over the Easter break. Does this relate to a skin change? Yes, kinda sorta. I am no longer using the library data provider script for the shelf widgets as I am now making extensive use of the skin helper script instead. The data for the recently added episodes comes DIRECTLY from the library node for Kodi and so it matches what Kodi does exactly. Should it not drop episodes from this node after they have been watched? Well it would seem that the devs don't think so although if you make a case for the behavior that you are talking about, there is every chance that they might listen. Just for the record I think episodes should be dropped from the recently added node, but I'm only a skin writer, so I don't know if that holds much weight.

Is there anything that can be done from the skin with regards to the shelf behavior? There are a couple of options that you could investigate. 1. edit the recently added node to drop watched episodes. I had a quick play with this and could not get it to work, but I have never played with this before, so I'm probably missing something obvious. If you or someone else can figure this out, report back here with the code for the updated node. Or 2. you could organize a playlist to do the same thing and then update the code at the top of the Includes_Shelf.xml to point to the playlist instead.

Now if you can manage option 2, you should be able to make option 1 work. The added advantage of option 1 is that it should be quicker to populate the shelf this way and also the recently added episodes node will also behave in an appropriate manner. And on top of that there will be no need to also edit the skin.

Now I would love to help you further on this, but I have another project that I really need to move forward, so I don't have the time to play with this to fix the behavior to your liking. Please report back here if you have any luck as I'm sure there are others who would benefit from your solution.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by wyrm - 2016-03-30, 15:07
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1