• 10(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2017-05-23, 04:50)skywalker17 Wrote: Sorry if I wasn't supposed to ask that question. I'm new here and I love the Apple TV skins. Hope I didn't offend anyone. Your reply was very helpful thanks!

Skywalker17,

You agreed to the forum rules when you signed up here. As there are potentially a small number of addons that can provide legal movies and you did not mention the name of any addon, I chose to believe that you must have been talking about one of the legal addons. Be warned, the moderator's see posts day in and day out that cross the line on what is acceptable and thus have little to no patience on offendind posts.

Go read the wiki post I provided a link to, stick to the rules and everything will be fine.

Wyrm(AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
A slight misunderstanding here. The 'cluttered' reference was to Estuary, not App TV, which is quite the opposite. Kostaman's picture illustrates the issue with the small osd. The Estuary osd by comparison stretches across the whole screen and the buttons are bigger.
Cheers
(2017-05-24, 00:12)jayceejazz Wrote: A slight misunderstanding here. The 'cluttered' reference was to Estuary, not App TV, which is quite the opposite. Kostaman's picture illustrates the issue with the small osd. The Estuary osd by comparison stretches across the whole screen and the buttons are bigger.
Cheers

jayceejazz,

Yes was mystified by the clutted comment as I have tried very hard to avoid clutter. Working on making the buttons bigger at the moment, but the twin rows of buttons stays as it is the most elegant way to display all of the required buttons. Have managed to increase the size by 50%, that is 48 pixels upto 64 pixels. Anything more than that will require a major rearrangement which I'm not keen to do. One thing I am thinking of doing is to favour the plot outline over using just the videos plot, as the full plot is available in the video info screen and really all you would require if you are actually watch a video is an overview. How do people feel about that?

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Wyrm
Sounds good to me. Would the thumbnail on the left still be there? Sometimes that's just blank if the video info has no thumbnail attached. It's great for playing music in the full screen mode though.
The album thumbnail on the home screen beside the weather is particularly good.
Jim
Lightbulb 
Hi @wyrm
This would be a real bonus if possible. Kodi Forum: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2592813
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenEL...rDebug.jpg
All on screen PlayerDebug / PlayerProcessInfo. One Click.
Just Putting it out there as there is quite a bit argued in Kodi Forum as some think PlayerDebug isn't important to the average user.
I believe it is important.
Cheers.
(2017-06-06, 11:31)kostaman Wrote: Hi @wyrm
This would be a real bonus if possible. Kodi Forum: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2592813
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenEL...rDebug.jpg
All on screen PlayerDebug / PlayerProcessInfo. One Click.
Just Putting it out there as there is quite a bit argued in Kodi Forum as some think PlayerDebug isn't important to the average user.
I believe it is important.
Cheers.
kostaman,

Sorry sport, no can do. I will NOT add anymore buttons to the OSD as I think there are too many now and it really goes against the general Apple philosophy of a spartan clean UI. That and again to what I can see its a very narrow use case, ie two potential users out of user base would find this useful. I also fall into the same camp as the dev's on this. It's not really that useful to general users. Yes you can mess with some Kodi settings to maybe improve playback of your video files in general, but once you have done that the only option left to you is to reencode any remaining problem videos you might have in your collection. And if its mainly caused by streaming videos from some dodgy addon, there is no way I'm going to messup my skin to try to make that crap run better.

And finally if you are still running Jarvis it will be a very cold day in hell (or Melbourne as the case may be Wink ), before I will add anything else to that release of the skin. The last lot of messing around with that branch of the skin resulted in me losing the code for a new view I was working on at the time. Not really your fault as I should have known how to make github work better than I do, but still have not replaced the code lost in that little adventure. Jarvis branch of skin does not take me to my happy place, far from it in fact.

As mentioned in the posted thread, if you want a one button solution you will need to read up on keymaps and make the required change there.

Wyrm

(2017-06-07, 03:37)wyrm Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 11:31)kostaman Wrote:
kostaman,

Sorry sport, no can do. I will NOT add anymore buttons to the OSD as I think there are too many now and it really goes against the general Apple philosophy of a spartan clean UI.

And finally if you are still running Jarvis it will be a very cold day in hell (or Melbourne as the case may be Wink ), Jarvis branch of skin does not take me to my happy place, far from it in fact.

Wyrm

No Drama @wyrm
Just something i use for the Greek Live TV Youtube Based channels which sometimes become erratic in speed.
I'm testing Krypton and that's where the "o" button is now the PlayerProcessInfo.
Yes Jarvis is still a daily Driver Box but not for long.
LibreElec 17.3 is pretty much 99% there for me.
Your skin makes the transition to Krypton less painful as Estuary is not my idea of user friendly.
I activated Estuary on my 80 year old man's box and he went off his head.Angry
At least AFL Westerners don't have worry about visiting Melbourne Hell for September action.Wink
(2017-06-07, 04:22)kostaman Wrote:
(2017-06-07, 03:37)wyrm Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 11:31)kostaman Wrote:
kostaman,

Sorry sport, no can do. I will NOT add anymore buttons to the OSD as I think there are too many now and it really goes against the general Apple philosophy of a spartan clean UI.

And finally if you are still running Jarvis it will be a very cold day in hell (or Melbourne as the case may be Wink ), Jarvis branch of skin does not take me to my happy place, far from it in fact.

Wyrm

No Drama @wyrm
Just something i use for the Greek Live TV Youtube Based channels which sometimes become erratic in speed.
I'm testing Krypton and that's where the "o" button is now the PlayerProcessInfo.
Yes Jarvis is still a daily Driver Box but not for long.
LibreElec 17.3 is pretty much 99% there for me.
Your skin makes the transition to Krypton less painful as Estuary is not my idea of user friendly.
I activated Estuary on my 80 year old man's box and he went off his head.Angry
At least AFL Westerners don't have worry about visiting Melbourne Hell for September action.Wink

Kostaman,

Still deciding if I will try to recreate category view before I release new version of skin, otherwise just a little more polishing before I'm happy with what I have. Bit crook at the moment so nothing much happening. Is Melbourne still the third biggest Greek city in the world? As to Melbourne hell, don't mind the people, not a big fan of the weather. Mind you, stand around for a little while and something bearable usually presents itself. As to September, looking like only one local team will be involved, but still a ways to go.

Wyrm

Wyrm
Looking forward to the new release. Just one thought: some skins have a full screen music mode showing album art and the OSD, which shows the progress of the track. The idea may be based on Plex. I can access a similar screen on the current App tv by pressing backspace a few times, but it switches off after a few seconds. Any chance that the full screen could be accessed straight from the track list and left on?
Cheers
Jim
(2017-06-12, 20:38)jayceejazz Wrote: Wyrm
Looking forward to the new release. Just one thought: some skins have a full screen music mode showing album art and the OSD, which shows the progress of the track. The idea may be based on Plex. I can access a similar screen on the current App tv by pressing backspace a few times, but it switches off after a few seconds. Any chance that the full screen could be accessed straight from the track list and left on?
Cheers
Jim
Use the TAB key Luke, uhm I mean Jim. Might look to adding this to the mouse/touch buttons on the lower left of the screen, but still unwell and disinclined to look at much at the moment. Will see.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Ok Wyrm, got that. Get well soon.
Jim
(2017-06-15, 15:06)jayceejazz Wrote: Ok Wyrm, got that. Get well soon.
Jim

Seem to be over ther worst of illness but real life getting in the way to a degree. Anyway have added a button to skin to allow touch/mouse users access to 'Fullscreen' function. Will be available with next release.

At this stage I'm pretty well feature complete for the next version now need to wip things into shape to be able to submit skin to repo. If life allows it maybe in next week or so.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Hi Guys,

Well based on the huge rush of comments about the new release I guess no one noticed that version 1.5.5 is now available on the main repo. For those that thought things looked a little different here is the changelog for the latest version.

1.5.5 Kyrpton 'Tock' Release
  • Update skin files to use 1080p as skin native resolution.
  • Changed supplied fonts from Ubuntu to Roboto fonts. Fonts are now more light weight and in keeping with Apples San Francisco font.
  • Changes to supplied themes to give them a more AppleTV look.
  • Added skin files for LibreELEC settings window, now matches rest of skin.
  • Increased sizes of OSD buttons, now 50% larger.
  • Added a new button to touch/mouse icon bar to take user to Fullscreen video or visualisation screens. There was already a OSD button to take user back the other way.
  • Update numerous skin images (main theme and additional themes).
  • Additional playlist files included with skin, fix issue where custom playlist home shortcuts not working as expected.
  • Add additional Default image types.
  • A number of conditions now make use of $EXP[] to reduce size of code and increase readablity.
  • Yet more work on Info screen look and feel unification.
  • Animated song lyric support.
  • Support of keyboard auto completion suggestions.
  • Skin settings screen refactor and cleanups. User can now install and configure optional scripts from settings menu.
  • Numerous minor bug fixes and code cleanups.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Hi again @wyrm
Great Work.
I'm using current Libreelec 17.4 and all was good using App/TV Skin until i installed PVR client / PVR backend /

It's my first venture into Live TV/PVR Install using Kodi.
Exiting Estuary skin to App/TV i could not see any of the User Interface except the TV Icon.
I click on that and it goes straight to playing a TV Station.

No TV Guide / Recorded TV Shows / Channels ETC are visible.

What have i missed in activating ?

I use icons in settings / home screen.

I can't see any of the below display using the App/TV Skin.

The PVR client (as an addon for Kodi) - a Kodi addon which acts as a middleware which translates the commands and controls the presentation of content from the backend to the frontend
The PVR frontend (as the Kodi graphical user interface) - Kodi that acts as a unified frontend and common interface which displays the content from all connected PVR backends
Cheers.
(2017-09-25, 05:51)kostaman Wrote: Hi again @wyrm
Great Work.
I'm using current Libreelec 17.4 and all was good using App/TV Skin until i installed PVR client / PVR backend /

It's my first venture into Live TV/PVR Install using Kodi.
Exiting Estuary skin to App/TV i could not see any of the User Interface except the TV Icon.
I click on that and it goes straight to playing a TV Station.

Once again, hi Kostaman.

I have only just got into PVR myself, so I am also pretty new to this. Just picked up a $5 PS3 tvtuner box from the local hock shop which works a treat. Now that I have a real PVR setup I can see a number of issues that could do with some work in the skin, so I am currently working my way thru them for the next release. As to the straight into playing that you talk about, that is a setting in the PVR section of the Kodi settings. Can’t remember off the top of my head what the settings was called, but I’m pretty sure it was in the general section of those settings. Just have a poke around and you should find it.

Now even after PVR having been in the main Kodi build for a number of years, there are still a number of strange gotchas wait for the new user of this system. The main one that I can think of is that the ‘menu’ command with bring up the OSD, but its ‘escape’ to get rid of it, not ‘menu’ as in other parts of Kodi.
Quote:No TV Guide / Recorded TV Shows / Channels ETC are visible.

What have i missed in activating ?

I use icons in settings / home screen.

I can't see any of the below display using the App/TV Skin.

The PVR client (as an addon for Kodi) - a Kodi addon which acts as a middleware which translates the commands and controls the presentation of content from the backend to the frontend
The PVR frontend (as the Kodi graphical user interface) - Kodi that acts as a unified frontend and common interface which displays the content from all connected PVR backends
Cheers.
Not entirely sure what you are getting at here, but think it may be as a result of auto starting the TV channel when you click the TV button on the home menu. Find and fix that setting will probably resolve your issues there. On my setup, clicking the TV button on the home screen takes me to a listing of TV channels (the default screen if you have not changed it in the skin settings). From there it is as in most of the rest of the skin. Direction left or ‘menu’ key to bring up screen settings menu. From there you can select EPG, channels, timers, recordings or search. Alternatively you can get to most of the above via the OSD, just is a little more convoluted.

Suggestions for fixing usability are welcome, just remember that sometimes I have no control over how things are done in the PVR system.

Hope this helps,
Wyrm

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1