•  Previous
  • 11(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2017-09-25, 11:46)wyrm Wrote:
(2017-09-25, 05:51)kostaman Wrote:

Once again, hi Kostaman.

Quote:
Not entirely sure what you are getting at here, but think it may be as a result of auto starting the TV channel when you click the TV button on the home menu. Find and fix that setting will probably resolve your issues there. On my setup, clicking the TV button on the home screen takes me to a listing of TV channels (the default screen if you have not changed it in the skin settings). From there it is as in most of the rest of the skin. Direction left or ‘menu’ key to bring up screen settings menu. From there you can select EPG, channels, timers, recordings or search. Alternatively you can get to most of the above via the OSD, just is a little more convoluted.

Suggestions for fixing usability are welcome, just remember that sometimes I have no control over how things are done in the PVR system.

Hope this helps,
Wyrm
Skin Settings/Media Entry Points/ TV entry point was Set to PLAY.
Changed it to TV Channels.
Listing of TV channels now show up using TV Icon.Wink
It would be perfect if the Channels / Guide / Recordings / Timers / Timer rules
Showed up as shortcuts when TV Button Icon is highlighted before pressing OK.
(Like the movies / tv shows in Movie / TV Library recently added show up)
Excuse my Technical Terminology.
Cheers.
(2017-09-26, 09:46)kostaman Wrote: Skin Settings/Media Entry Points/ TV entry point was Set to PLAY.
Changed it to TV Channels.
Listing of TV channels now show up using TV Icon.Wink
It would be perfect if the Channels / Guide / Recordings / Timers / Timer rules
Showed up as shortcuts when TV Button Icon is highlighted before pressing OK.
(Like the movies / tv shows in Movie / TV Library recently added show up)
Excuse my Technical Terminology.
Cheers.
well I guess its English, but not as I know it. Maybe a weird Melbourne dialect. Good you sorted your problem, but you lost me right after that. Are you talking about the root part of the video library where Movies, Tvshows, Files, etc are listed? If so, sorry that is a implementation issue (as in Live TV is not implemented in Kodi like that). Maybe I could try to bodgy something up to try to duplicate that, but it would be a lot of work and I’m not sure anyone would make use of it because no other skin does that.

I have to admit I don’t really like how you have to access the various parts of the PVR subsystem from the screen settings menu, but I think a better way needs to be obvious and I can’t think of what that might be. Will certainly think about it, but don’t expect something in the immediate future.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2017-09-26, 13:50)wyrm Wrote:
(2017-09-26, 09:46)kostaman Wrote:
well I guess its English, but not as I know it. Maybe a weird Melbourne dialect. Good you sorted your problem, but you lost me right after that. Are you talking about the root part of the video library where Movies, Tvshows, Files, etc are listed? If so, sorry that is a implementation issue (as in Live TV is not implemented in Kodi like that). Maybe I could try to bodgy something up to try to duplicate that, but it would be a lot of work and I’m not sure anyone would make use of it because no other skin does that.

I have to admit I don’t really like how you have to access the various parts of the PVR subsystem from the screen settings menu, but I think a better way needs to be obvious and I can’t think of what that might be. Will certainly think about it, but don’t expect something in the immediate future.

Wyrm
Sorry Mate,
I'm on the Tiger Train This Week and have the Attention Span of a Gnat. Hopefully I'm back to normal after Saturday.Nod
I think you got my point regarding the PVR Subsystem.
Hi,
I have been using your excellent skin for many years, and I am very grateful.
I listen mostly to classical music, and all my music collection is tagged also with the "Composer" field. Composer is of course very relevant for classical music only.
Would it be possible for you to code the "Now Playing" view in such a way that it displays
Artist, Composer, Piece #, Piece title
but only if the "Genre" contains "Classical"?
Alternatively, I could try to do it myself, if it is only a matter of changing some configuration file somewhere. In this case, I would need some instructions.
Thank you very much,
(2017-11-11, 19:20)pierocol Wrote: Hi,
I listen mostly to classical music, and all my music collection is tagged also with the "Composer" field. Composer is of course very relevant for classical music only.
Would it be possible for you to code the "Now Playing" view in such a way that it displays
Alternatively, I could try to do it myself, if it is only a matter of changing some configuration file somewhere. In this case, I would need some instructions.
Thank you very much,
Pierocol,

With all of the work in the music section for Kodi Leia the plan was that when Kodi hit beta I was going to try concentrating on the music section of the skin. The change you are after would require code changes to the skin, but your suggested changes do sound reasonable, so will add to my todo list.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2017-11-12, 07:29)wyrm Wrote: With all of the work in the music section for Kodi Leia the plan was that when Kodi hit beta I was going to try concentrating on the music section of the skin. The change you are after would require code changes to the skin, but your suggested changes do sound reasonable, so will add to my todo list.

Wyrm 

Thanks a lot! Depending on how much work it will be, you might expand on this idea, and allow for a certain degree of customization of the "Now Playing..." view. I will be at your disposal in case you would like to brainstorm about this with me...
Again, lots of congratulations for your precious work.
Piero
Thank you very much,
 Pierocol,

Have added what I think is what you requested to the development version of the skin (you will need to download from my Github, details on first page of this thread). Currently on my development system I have only two Classical albums and they are obviously not tagged very well as with the changes it is displaying "Composer - Composer".  I guess in my case Artist is tagged with the composers name.  To make sure the changes are correct, you will need to download and report back here any problems with what I have done.  As to the idea of customising the output for these fields, sorry sport you will have to learn a little bit of skinning as the limited use case does not justify (in my point of view) the PITA of creating a gui to allow this.

Wyrm (AppTV)

(2017-11-22, 05:28)wyrm Wrote:
Thank you very much,
 Pierocol,

Have added what I think is what you requested to the development version of the skin (you will need to download from my Github, details on first page of this thread). Currently on my development system I have only two Classical albums and they are obviously not tagged very well as with the changes it is displaying "Composer - Composer".  I guess in my case Artist is tagged with the composers name.  To make sure the changes are correct, you will need to download and report back here any problems with what I have done.  As to the idea of customising the output for these fields, sorry sport you will have to learn a little bit of skinning as the limited use case does not justify (in my point of view) the PITA of creating a gui to allow this.

Wyrm (AppTV)  
Thanks a whole lot! I will test it as soon as I can (probably during the week end) and report back to you. I am sure this will drive the classical music lovers of the Kodi community to your skin, if this feature is properly advertised. I will start from my friends Smile
cheers
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)51