• 14(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2019-01-31, 17:11)wyrm Wrote: Good catch on the subtitle issue, now fixed on github.

Tried it today and glad to report its FIXED. 

(2019-01-31, 17:11)wyrm Wrote: How did you go with the reboot to Nand fix I uploaded the other day, did it fix your problem?
Did not work Until i 
Changed DialogButton.XML From

<visible>System.Platform.Android</visible>

To

<visible>System.Platform.Linux</visible>

That Worked in making rebootfromnand visible.
The command again did not work in executing 

Had to add <onclick>Reset()</onclick>

to fix the click on rebootfromnand followed by reboot so as to execute booting to internal Android.

<label>$LOCALIZE[31554]</label>
                    <onclick>SetProperty(ShutdownKodi,true,home)</onclick>
                    <onclick>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</onclick>
                                        <onclick>Reset()</onclick>
                    <visible>System.Platform.Linux</visible>
Maybe we can add a Folder in the XML folder of your skin so as Dual Boot users can use File Manager to change their DialogButton.xml 
to a proper working Dual Boot ?? Just a thought.
https://pastebin.com/Es0nbRCp

ImageImage
@wyrm 

Just a couple more bugs to look at as follows:

Current Weather Home Screen Enabling does not show the current Temp on top right of screen as I've known it to.

I use TVHeadend Client , when i start a live program stream , I noticed in OSD the timeline is not picked up from the program guide.
There's no end time being picked up. The progress bar is reading time lapsed since i opened stream.

@kostaman,

Ok sport, think I now have my head around how this Reboot to NAND is meant to work. Is only relevant if you are duel booting, so will be in Linux when you need the option anyway.  Have made a change to follow mostly what you suggested, if option is not available under standard linux will not matter as the Reset() will just reboot anyway. Would be nice to be able to check if the command was available in the /bin directory before displaying the menu item but not a possible as skin engine does not allow this. Should now be available on github.

On the weather issue you listed, has always been just an option to show the weather shelf (with the current weather condition and temp shown on left of shelf) on the horizontal and icon home menu types. Not sure what I do on the vertical home menu, but that would be the only home menu type that what you suggested would make sense. Will check further.

On the PVR issue, will check and report back when I get a chance. At this stage the only reason I have TVHeadend setup is for skin testing.  There have been a few PVR changes for Leia and there is a good chance I have missed something.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2019-02-01, 16:14)wyrm Wrote: Ok sport, think I now have my head around how this Reboot to NAND is meant to work. Is only relevant if you are duel booting, so will be in Linux when you need the option anyway.  Have made a change to follow mostly what you suggested, if option is not available under standard linux will not matter as the Reset() will just reboot anyway.

Good Work. Just updated skin and power Menu shows all options including reboot to Nand.  Wink

Just installed this Skin Version on Leia LibreELEC Rock64 (Small Board Computer) and found another Gremlin.

I Installed OZ Weather using your skin. It installed. 
I went into settings , filled out postcode, pressed OK and realised Melbourne did not pop up as a confirmation of suburb.
I pressed OK and weather icon did not appear on Home screen.
Repeated with same failure.
Switched back to Estuary.
Saw OZ Weather was installed but the settings had not been set.
I filled in postcode 3000 , Melbourne came up, I chose it , Pressed OK.
Weather in Estuary working.
Switched back to AppTV ,
Weather icon was visible and working on home page.
So something in settings is not translating in the settings menu.
Not sure where else this may come into play.
Cheers , I'll keep on the lookout for more Critters.
@kostaman,

Good on power menu.

Only way I could diagnose problem with Oz weather would be for you to post a FULL debug log. Make sure you turn on degug logging and reboot, then take the steps as mentioned in your post. Post a link to file here. PLEASE either use use the debug log uploaded script that I use with the skin or a Kodi sanctioned pastebin type site to post the log file. PLEASE do NOT use a service like Google drive or simular as it is a massive PITA to read the log file without downloading it.

Will see what I can spot. BTW, latest builds have full game support, now just need to sort a few last minute bugs before release.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2019-02-01, 14:58)kostaman Wrote: @wyrm 
Just a couple more bugs to look at as follows:

I use TVHeadend Client , when i start a live program stream , I noticed in OSD the timeline is not picked up from the program guide.
There's no end time being picked up. The progress bar is reading time lapsed since i opened stream.

@kostaman,

Still to check vertical home menu for weather issue, but icon and horizontal home menus just turn on weather tab when "weather on home screen" setting turned on.

Now on to the PVR issue. Push a series of fixes to my github late last night. Issues with incorrect times showing have been fixed. Have also made changes to the actual progress bar so that cache level and seek slider are not visible on PVR screens. Seems to make no sense to show these progress elements for PVR, but please let me know if that is not the case.

Now will make changes to skin to get ready for a formal pull request into the Leia repo and maybe a little time of dogfooding on family Kodi system. If you have any last minute bug reports now is the time to speak up, or they will have to wait for next release.

Wyrm

(2019-02-07, 02:42)wyrm Wrote: Now on to the PVR issue. Push a series of fixes to my github late last night. Issues with incorrect times showing have been fixed. Have also made changes to the actual progress bar so that cache level and seek slider are not visible on PVR screens. Seems to make no sense to show these progress elements for PVR, but please let me know if that is not the case.

All good , Just tested.
One thing i just noticed is to start an instant record with AppTV skin ,
I have to bring up OSD , 
Followed by 10 Navigation Clicks to get to the Record icon. 
It works but not ideal. Leave that one with you.
@kostaman,

Yep was thinking there was a lot of stuff showing that was not useful in the PVR OSD. Unless there is time shifting allowed even such buttons as play/pause, rewind and ffwd make little sense in showing. What other buttons do you think I could hide or make more prominent for PVR? Guess reverse also applies, little point in showing channel Up/Down when watching a movie.

Wyrm

@kostaman,

Ok tiger, thru the use of some new Leia trickery have managed to cut the number of clicks to the record button to five. New version is up on my github now.

How do you feel about moving the record button to above play button? In that case pretty sure can make it two clicks to start recording.

Wyrm

(2019-02-07, 06:25)wyrm Wrote: Yep was thinking there was a lot of stuff showing that was not useful in the PVR OSD. Unless there is time shifting allowed even such buttons as play/pause, rewind and ffwd make little sense in showing. What other buttons do you think I could hide or make more prominent for PVR?

I don't use Time Shift so can't comment on play/pause/rewind ffwd.

I believe the following should be visible :
Stop / Record / Guide / Teletext / Subtitles / Settings./ play/pause, rewind and ffwd 

And the following Not Visible:
Bookmarks /  Volume up down / info / Channel up/down / Info ?? Shows up on your skin OSD (Except Chanel 9 Stations See Screenshots) / Channels ("Long Press OK" works on AppTV skin)

ImageImageImage
(2019-02-08, 01:26)kostaman Wrote: I don't use Time Shift so can't comment on play/pause/rewind ffwd.

I believe the following should be visible :
Stop / Record / Guide / Teletext / Subtitles / Settings./ play/pause, rewind and ffwd 
@kostaman,

Very large part of the issue is that there is limited room for buttons due to their size. Also where the buttons are in the list is important for number of clicks to a particular function. Your original example of ten clicks to get to the record function is a perfect example of this. Five clicks is better than ten clicks but still unacceptable for a function you want to get to quickly. Another issue is that the default button needs to be something that will not cause major issues if accidentally clicked, thus the reason play/pause is the default button. Also there is the issue of showing buttons when they do nothing in a particular situation. There is no point in showing a guide button if you are watching a pre-recorded movie for example.

There are also a number of implementation details that might not be obvious to the user that also affect button placement. If I add a button to the default row of buttons, I need to shift where the second row of buttons appear so that they line up correctly with the parent button below.

I had in the past considered a number of the above issues (about thirty buttons in total to deal with, something had to be done), but you have raised a number of issues I had not thought about. Really to sort all of the issues above properly will involve a large recode, which at this stage is not on the cards.

Remember, "good artists copy, great artists steal, REAL artists ship". Time to be a real artist and get this out the door.

Quote:And the following Not Visible:
Bookmarks /  Volume up down / info / Channel up/down / Info ?? Shows up on your skin OSD (Except Chanel 9 Stations See Screenshots) / Channels ("Long Press OK" works on AppTV skin)

ImageImage
On the info screenshot, know what the problem is, will fix later today.

Not sure what you mean about "info" in above list. If you mean why do I show info when I show the button menu, it's because Kodi allows the info screen and button menu to be shown at the same time, might as well just show info as I have to allow space for it anyway.

Also don't understand your long press comment above, care to explain further please.

Wyrm

@kostaman,

Issue of plot not matching list display now fixed and pushed to github.

Some more minor changes to the OSD. As mentioned proper fix for repositioning of record button too involve for current release, but you will notice that the seek slider nub has made a return. This is required for time shift which the skin now supports. You will need to tell your PVR back end to allow this, so you probably won't see any change in behaviour. There have been a couple of button movements to places that make more sense to me, let me know if you disagree. Finally, have now included a teletext button in the settings OSD menu, not that I think it is used overly much here in Australia any more.

Final note, did try the record button in the position over the play/pause button, but looked out of place so dropped the idea.

Wyrm

(2019-02-08, 04:16)wyrm Wrote: If you mean why do I show info when I show the button menu, it's because Kodi allows the info screen and button menu to be shown at the same time, might as well just show info as I have to allow space for it anyway.

All good. Channel 9 info / Plot display now showing. Channel 9 was my only issue Previously not showing when pulling up OSD. Great feature for me. Wink

(2019-02-08, 04:16)wyrm Wrote: Also don't understand your long press comment above, care to explain further please.

Long Press the ENTER Button during live tv . I called  it the OK Button . 

(2019-02-08, 04:16)wyrm Wrote: Another issue is that the default button needs to be something that will not cause major issues if accidentally clicked, thus the reason play/pause is the default button.

I get that. I don't get why in Estuary , No fast forward / rewind / pause is visible during live tv playback. 
If AppTV worked like that, the Record button may fit in the row ? 

I use navigation arrows on keyboard to change channels up / down. Would never use the OSD arrows.
Same for Volume Up/Down.
(2019-02-08, 08:51)wyrm Wrote: Final note, did try the record button in the position over the play/pause button, but looked out of place so dropped the idea.

Hmm ! The Artist afraid to show his work ??  Undecided
Cheers mate. Great work. 

(2019-02-08, 08:51)wyrm Wrote: Finally, have now included a teletext button in the settings OSD menu, not that I think it is used overly much here in Australia any more.

Saw that. Clicking on Teletext only Hides OSD and no teletext shows, no way to get OSD back unless i use my Keyboard to stop playback  "X" Key.
I don't use it.
(2019-02-08, 14:17)kostaman Wrote:
(2019-02-08, 04:16)wyrm Wrote: If you mean why do I show info when I show the button menu, it's because Kodi allows the info screen and button menu to be shown at the same time, might as well just show info as I have to allow space for it anyway.

All good. Channel 9 info / Plot display now showing. Channel 9 was my only issue Previously not showing when pulling up OSD. Great feature for me. Wink

(2019-02-08, 04:16)wyrm Wrote: Also don't understand your long press comment above, care to explain further please.

Long Press the ENTER Button during live tv . I called  it the OK Button . 

(2019-02-08, 04:16)wyrm Wrote: Another issue is that the default button needs to be something that will not cause major issues if accidentally clicked, thus the reason play/pause is the default button.

I get that. I don't get why in Estuary , No fast forward / rewind / pause is visible during live tv playback. 
If AppTV worked like that, the Record button may fit in the row ? 

Mainly because as AppTV OSD is currently coded removing items from bottom line of buttons WILL require that each top line of buttons be moved to match buttons on bottom line. So in effect I need a layout for PVR and a layout for non PVR. Will happen, just not this time around as will be a lot of work. BTW, artist quote was supposedly said by Steve Jobs. Point being, there comes a point where you have to say that's enough and just ship.

Quote:I use navigation arrows on keyboard to change channels up / down. Would never use the OSD arrows.
Same for Volume Up/Down.

Think you will find that there should be keyboard (and remote) keys for just about everything on the OSD. Mostly there as another way to interact with Kodi (as it is with all skins).

Quote:
(2019-02-08, 08:51)wyrm Wrote: Final note, did try the record button in the position over the play/pause button, but looked out of place so dropped the idea.

Hmm ! The Artist afraid to show his work ??  Undecided
Cheers mate. Great work. 

Cheeky. If you would like to make it happen from your end to see what you think, file to edit is VideoOSD.xml. Move the record button control from group list it is currently in to the group list that has the uptempo and downtempo buttons in it. Simple change really, just looks a bit naff.

Quote:
(2019-02-08, 08:51)wyrm Wrote: Finally, have now included a teletext button in the settings OSD menu, not that I think it is used overly much here in Australia any more.

Saw that. Clicking on Teletext only Hides OSD and no teletext shows, no way to get OSD back unless i use my Keyboard to stop playback  "X" Key.
I don't use it.

Back to keyboard codes since you seem to be using one. "ESCAPE" will take you out of teletext mode and back to normal fullscreen video windows. No need to stop play back. On teletext in Australia, tried a number of channels here in Perth with varying degrees of limited success. Pretty much useless as no one's seems to be transmitting anything other than test pages. Only included it because Estuary does.

BTW, caught a couple of other minor bugs, including on the dialog you long pressed enter to bring up. Has been pushed up to github.

Wyrm

@wyrm 

Stumbled on a serious Bug.

Adding any addon to Kodi Favourites and Enabling Favourites Icon to home Page.

Open favourites / Select an addon (Any Addon) 

Kodi Crashes.  Tested on Android Leia and CoreELEC  Leia
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1