Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2019-02-18, 02:16)kostaman Wrote: @wyrm 

Stumbled on a serious Bug.

Adding any addon to Kodi Favourites and Enabling Favourites Icon to home Page.

Open favourites / Select an addon (Any Addon) 

Kodi Crashes.  Tested on Android Leia and CoreELEC  Leia
@kostaman,

Sorry sport, just tried it on my dev box, worked fine.

Couple of things to remember. First, while not impossible a skin should not cause a Kodi crash (PVR for a little while there would crash Kodi if skin writer made the wrong change to skin files), skin engine will most times just ignore incorrect skin code. So usually if you see a kodi crash, you should try the same action in the Estuary skin if possible and see if crash occurs there as well. If crashes in Estuary as well, it's a Kodi bug, otherwise probably a skin bug. And second, very hard to track down problems leading to crashes without a debug log and crash log. Have tried really hard to make as easy as possible for users to be able to post logs from within the skin (skin settings/support menu) you will need to turn on debug logging in Kodi's System menu. Don't turn on component logging as that can make for a very large debug file. Also if Kodi crashes, it will be the old log file, not the current one you will need to post link to. If you can't use the built in script for log uploads, please don't post file to a non pastebin type location as that involves me downloading the file locally instead of reading it online. This is usually a massive PITA.

At this stage I am leaning towards a issue with CoreElec, but post your old debug log as detailed above and I will see if I can't spot something.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by wyrm - 2019-02-18, 03:28
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1