• 16(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
Hi Guys,

after much toing and froing new release has be added to Leia repo, enjoy.

1.6.0 Leia "Tick" release
  • Changes required for Leia compatiblity
  • Add Game support
  • Support for 'New' global search script
  • Changed from now broken nextup script to new upnext script
  • Added screen settings menu to home screens
  • Number of fixes and improvements to Music and Video views
  • Numerous fixes to PVR section
  • and as always Numerous minor bug fixes and code cleanups

As always a big thank you to those that helped with this release. In particular kostaman for bug spotting and ronie for providing the fix for one of the nastier bugs.

Will now take a short break before starting on the Leia "Tock" release.  Leave bug reports and feature request here to remind me of what needs looking at in next release.

Wyrm

PS, @kostaman have made a number of changes since the last time you downloaded "1.6.0" most of which are minor but would still recommend you update to the repo version.
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
I am trying to add submenus for example under music main menu. i want a submenu that opens the RADIO addon. i can find a way to execute a custon command. is there a way to do that?
(2015-01-07, 17:43)wyrm Wrote: Announcing the reboot of xTV SAF skin, AppTVAim:AppTV is an AppleTV inspired skin for XBMC. It provides a very light weight minimalist gui while also allowing access to a number of advanced Kodi features not available in the AppleTV interface. The skin has a very small footprint, ideal for lightweight Kodi systems (AppleTV's and Raspberry Pi's), while still providing a full feature set of a modern Kodi skin.

Skin is Kodi Helix (and all version after this) compliant, with the skin available in the main Kodi Helix (and all repos after this) repo. A rudimentary wiki is located here.Development builds:

Are available via GitHub here. Be warned this is my development repo, so there may be monster's (little ones, with BIG nasty teeth)Big Grin.

Screenshots:Home screensImageImageImage

Other images available on the wiki page for this skin

Current release features:1.5.5 Krypton 'Tock' Release
  • Update skin files to use 1080p as skin native resolution.
  • Changed supplied fonts from Ubuntu to Roboto fonts. Fonts are now more light weight and in keeping with Apples San Francisco font.
  • Changes to supplied themes to give them a more AppleTV look.
  • Added skin files for LibreELEC settings window, now matches rest of skin.
  • Increased sizes of OSD buttons, now 50% larger.
  • Added a new button to touch/mouse icon bar to take user to Fullscreen video or visualisation screens. There was already a OSD button to take user back the other way.
  • Update numerous skin images (main theme and additional themes).
  • Additional playlist files included with skin, fix issue where custom playlist home shortcuts not working as expected.
  • Add additional Default image types.
  • A number of conditions now make use of $EXP[] to reduce size of code and increase readablity.
  • Yet more work on Info screen look and feel unification.
  • Animated song lyric support.
  • Support of keyboard auto completion suggestions.
  • Skin settings screen refactor and cleanups. User can now install and configure optional scripts from settings menu.
  • Numerous minor bug fixes and code cleanups.

Wyrm (July 2017) 
The FAQ only have one question? the skin is really nice but it lacks a lot of information. i am trying to include submenus but it looks like the skin prevent us to include custon commands to execute specific actions. i may be missing something here cause i am really new into this skin configuration. But i already managed to include submenus in other skins like Aeon.
(2020-04-23, 19:36)rouchi Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 17:43)wyrm Wrote:  
The FAQ only have one question? the skin is really nice but it lacks a lot of information. i am trying to include submenus but it looks like the skin prevent us to include custon commands to execute specific actions. i may be missing something here cause i am really new into this skin configuration. But i already managed to include submenus in other skins like Aeon. 
@rouchi ,

Hi, as you can see this sub forum is very quiet, normally I only make an appearance here for questions from users or to announce a new release. My family and I have moved into a new home and with the whole covid19 thing the forum is a little out of date and the development of the skin is on the back burner. As I get on top of the new house and the family head back to school the tempo will pick up again. Currently available version is 1.6.0, but my local version is 1.6.2. There are a number of interesting things in the pipeline.

Thanks on the skin, has been in development for quite a while now and so a number of coding practices of more recent skins don’t really apply (that and I try really hard to follow Apple ideas on graphical user interfaces which can seem a bit strange to non Apple users). Can you point out any lacking information with a few details so I can either point you in the direction the skin takes, or add it to my todo list?

The idea of sub menus is something that does not really sit too easy with the current home screens (note screens, not screen, there are three different home screens to choose from). You the user can add or hide menus and/or menu items, but the skin does not support adding sub menus. To access the home screen editing screen you either access the screen from the skin settings menu or you can access a hidden setting menu from the home screen. To access the hidden menu, navigate to the left until the menu appears. From the menu click on Customise Home Menu. On the customise screen you can change the menu type (vertical, horizontal or icon). You can then navigate to each menu or item and click on it to edit what the item will do. You can depending on what you click on add builtin commands, playlists or pre defined favourites (or just hide the particular menu or item). The only thing that this system does not allow like some of the newer skins is that you can not move menu items around, where you define them is where they stay.

In this skin there is also another way to change where certain menu items take you. From the skin setting menu you can access the library access points. For example if when you click on movies you want to be taken straight to the titles node of the library, his can be achieved thru this menu. The items where you can change the entry point include movies, tv shows, TV, radio, music and addons.

Hopefully his will give you a start on what you need to start customising the skin. Drop me a reply if you need any more help.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Hi , I notice on Github your doing some work on this skin again, nice to see I always liked this skin , but moved away for a couple of reasons, the main one being , TV Shows on shelf , I cant get recommended to work but maybe that needs me to play some content so it can recommend similar ?  More importantly , the other option is "recent episodes" which I never use as a widget in any skin , I have tried editing the shelf xml to try and get "titles to work or even recenthly added shows , but havent been successful, I appreciate the shelf is basically eye candy , but I think 6x identical posters from the same show doesnt look good ? Still a nice light skin tho tx.
EDIT : To the above, if I have jumped the gun my apologies. I notice in your version 1.6.2, looks like your incorporating "Embuary Helper" into the skin , so hopefully that will give more options for the shelf widgets maybe ?  Look forward to this version , tried it straight from github but as yet , after adding the skin folder and enabling it , the home screen doesn't show , I can get to the shutdown menu to exit the skin but thats all. I will stick with 1.6.0 for now cheers.
(2020-05-22, 15:29)ontap Wrote: EDIT : To the above, if I have jumped the gun my apologies. I notice in your version 1.6.2, looks like your incorporating "Embuary Helper" into the skin , so hopefully that will give more options for the shelf widgets maybe ?  Look forward to this version , tried it straight from github but as yet , after adding the skin folder and enabling it , the home screen doesn't show , I can get to the shutdown menu to exit the skin but thats all. I will stick with 1.6.0 for now cheers.
@ontap ,

hey sport, long time no hear. Yes have got back into coding the skin, have a longish list right in front of me that I am working my way thru.

I have dropped support for a number of addons and added a few old favourites back. Main one I have dropped is Skin Helper service as it is no longer under active development and support, so there are a number of issues caused by sticking with it. The replacement is Embuary Helper which is a requirement along with my AppTV sounds resource and a brand new MPAA classification images resource. The two resouce addons are available from my Github account or from the Kodi repo. Embuary helper is also available from Kodi repo, but from memory you need to load a skin that uses it to gain access to the helper service. Maybe this is the reason for the strange behaviour of the skin you mentioned (I always dog food my skin on my dev system and the family Pi, so is all working here).

I had hoped to get the new version out fairly smartly, but as mentioned in previous post, new home and covid lockdown put paid to that. Currently have seven 'issues' on my outstanding list, but none are blockers at this stage just nice to have.  Other that some performance gains and a bit of polish skin does not look vastly different to 1.6.0, but under the surface there have been quite a few changes. Concentrating on adding back functionality lost from change to Embuary helper and hopefully adding a new view I have been planing for a number of versions now.

Not going to give a time frame for new release as I always miss dates anyway. Hopefully will be soonish.

Wyrm

Nice one, crack on then I'll be waiting . Wink
Just to clarify , as of now , I downloaded the skin from github ( 1.6.2 ) , as well as the two other zips , added embuary helper to default estuary on 18.6 , then added all three folders ( skin,classifications,sounds ), enabled all 3 then switched skins from estuary, when I back out of the addons section to get to the home screen I end uo with a blank ( black) screen. Only option that works is long pressing on OK to bring up the shutdown menu and exit kodi. I noticed in your reply you posted " all is working here " .
(2020-05-22, 19:21)ontap Wrote: Just to clarify , as of now , I downloaded the skin from github ( 1.6.2 ) , as well as the two other zips , added embuary helper to default estuary on 18.6 , then added all three folders ( skin,classifications,sounds ), enabled all 3 then switched skins from estuary, when I back out of the addons section to get to the home screen I end uo with a blank ( black) screen. Only option that works is long pressing on OK to bring up the shutdown menu and exit kodi. I noticed in your reply you posted " all is working here " .

I’m intrigued, mind if you could post a debug log?

Wyrm

Hi wyrm, I dont/cant do debug logs , however I managed to get 1.6.2 installed finally. But, in skin settings the "homeshelf option is missing so after setting my , movie and tv show widgets, I have no way to switch the shelf view from icon to widget ?
(2020-05-29, 20:51)ontap Wrote: Hi wyrm, I dont/cant do debug logs , however I managed to get 1.6.2 installed finally. But, in skin settings the "homeshelf option is missing so after setting my , movie and tv show widgets, I have no way to switch the shelf view from icon to widget ?
@ontap,

homeshelf has been renamed as widgets as of about 12 hours ago. Still a work in progress but for Movies and TVShows at this stage there are a few pleasant surprises waiting for you. Will be moving ALL widget types to the widget sub menu, so settings for video list view flying widgets, videoinfo and musicinfo will also joining this menu soon.

Just to be clear version 1.6.x is Leia only. When Kodi hits RC, I will start work on 1.7.x series of skin. Have been bitten in the past by last minute skin engine changes, so always wait before starting work on on upcoming Kodi skin releases.

Had a thought on your problems with loading skin from GitHub. You weren’t trying to update the skin while you were running old version were you? I always swap to another skin and load new version from there as some platforms will not update files that are currently being used. Just a thought.

Wyrm

Actually the loading problem was the opposite. On a freshly installed 18.6, when manually placing the skin folder ( 1..6.2 ) from github into the add ons folder, then enabling the skin I end up with a black home screen. I solved it by, installing another fresh kodi.Then enabling the old skin from within kodi. Then adding the new skin to the add ons folder and rebooting, now when checking the skin version it's showing as 1.6.2, think I will leave it alone until the wi dget section is working cheers.
(2020-05-30, 09:18)ontap Wrote: Actually the loading problem was the opposite. On a freshly installed 18.6, when manually placing the skin folder ( 1..6.2 ) from github into the add ons folder, then enabling the skin I end up with a black home screen. I solved it by, installing another fresh kodi.Then enabling the old skin from within kodi. Then adding the new skin to the add ons folder and rebooting, now when checking the skin version it's showing as 1.6.2, think I will leave it alone until the wi dget section is working cheers.
@ontap ,

don’t think is a good idea to manually place the zip contents straight into the Addons directory. Would rename the zip file to remove the -master and then install from zip in Kodi.

Movie and TVShows widgets are complete, just have to move other items to widget model. Probably the most important part is the support for playlists and favourites. You now have effectively the choice of ANY widget you want. Plan is to have favourites for ALL widgets and playlists where appropriate. Widget work is part of work for a new view type. Have pared back my list for inclusion in 1.6.x , so getting closer to release.

Would be nice to have bug reports before I get around to new release as while there might not appear to be much that has changed, there has been quite a bit of work done. For example, some of the settings have been removed as the difference between settings on or off is negligible. The main settings that comes to mind with this is ‘Extra fanarts’. Kodi now handles these type of fanarts, so no need to use filesystem hacks to access these images (so no difference in time to access say fanart3 and fanart file). Have also remove a bit of cruft that has built up over the years and found better ways of displaying certain things (MPAA certification images are much quicker to display and I now handle more countries as well). New setting in General sub menu to handle above.

So you should see the skin feeling faster and smoother than previous versions. Please let me know how it is traveling on other systems as looking pretty sharp even on our Raspberry Pi here in the house o wyrm.

Wyrm

OK cheers, will install it from zip then and check whether I can get widgets to show on shelf instead of the default icon.  BTW , I like the "lite" theme and color, but the "lite" and "flat lite" .xbt files are missing from the media folder in 1.6.2, was simple enough to copy them from 1.6.0 . and drop em in media folder.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1